TRIP REPORT - HONEST OPINIONS, Sorry to busrt your bubbles!!

I compared DLP to WDW on our first trip and came away feeling a little 'cheated' but last year forgot about the comparisons between the two and had a fantastic time, yes there can be a language barrier, no it's not as grand, you could never stay for 2+ weeks and no the magic isn't the same but it is still there. After the trip in July we promptly booked for a trip to WDW and had another fantastic holiday.
My advice, which was given to me on here after our first trip, is to enjoy it for what it is, Disney with a European twist.

chrunchiepink, this is matt's same opion, the french so rude, the queues unbearable, once done, that is it, but i would go back, but next time stay in the disney hotel for 2 days and with the kids on my own, we stayed at the cheyenne, 14th-18th, they gave us breakfast passes, but they said we could go in any time we wanted, which we did and nothing was said at all.

janejakelibbyemma said:
, the french so rude, t.

Really? We did not find any problem with french guest or french CM's. There were certain nationalities that have whole different manners to us - and they DID irritate us (barging into lifts, pushing my children out of the way, hogging characters and pushing there kids in front of characters who had come to our table - GRRRRR) - In the end we had to learn to laugh at them or else we would have had smoke coming from our ears! :furious: But it wasn't the French :rolleyes1

And I was beginning to think that we had converted him into a DLP fan. BTW my DH swore last year on the return journey, that he would NEVER go again!! That feeling sometimes wears off ;)

quack, well the cm's were great it was the french and spainish that were so rude, they even trampled over emma asleep in her buggy.

we found all nationalities to be rude at some point or another, yet we always enjoy DLP despite having been to WDW 3 times. The day we arrived the only breakfast time left for the next day was 7am so we decided to sleep in and try our luck at 9.15 and we were fine to be let in. Any hotel in the world has a set time for breakfast and most of them don't hold half as many guests as each Disney hotel. 5 days can be to much and if my Husband and his Dad hadn't hurt their feet (men!) we would have broken up the trip with a day in Paris.
No one says it is gonna be like Florida so why do people expect it. it won't be as hot, there aren't as many attractions in and out of the Disney parks and WDW has more parks yet for me living in the UK and for my In-laws first visit it was fantastic!

Cafe Mickey, great time for Matts Birthday and no paper cups or fast food in sight. And I don't call E34 for 3 course meal expensive and Planet Hollywood was E25 for sarter, main course and drink was great too!

But as mentioned before if the people who don't like it don't return then it means less lines yet it any also result in less attractions opening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter