• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip report from Disneyland Paris & our Med cruise

As I wrote on your blog, I'm just loving your TR.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip and don't worry about the wait. As other DISer wrote, it is really worth the wait :happytv:

Your detail is amazing, and so are your pictures.

Glad that your tour of Rome was so good.

Thank you! I am thoroughly enjoying your report!!

My DS is 12 and his name is Jared. Wehope Disney goes back to the Med in 2013 so we can take him. Appreciate all the good info!!!

Thanks everyone...so glad to have some readers!! I hope to start Naples tomorrow!! Maybe. :rolleyes1 DH just informed me that I have a problem with a tire that I need to get looked at tomorrow so I guess I'll be sitting in the automotive dept. at Sears for the morning...and I don't have a laptop sooooo....cross your fingers they're not toooo busy. :goodvibes

:headache: I am so frustrated peeps!! I have been working on Rome for like 3 days. Got my text written, reduced my pictures...started putting it all on the website this afternoon with a bajillion pictures and was moving along nicely. Didn't have it saved yet tho bcuz I discovered that saving it also publishes it & I wanted to put the whole post up all at once. Thought I could get it finished this evening... WELLLLL...:headache: Internet Explorer crashed & stopped working on me around 6:00. I lost everything I'd put on the site for Rome. I had to leave then to go to my DS's Back-to-School night so I haven't been home all evening to start over. I hope that I can find time tomorrow to work on it. It's driving me nuts how long it's taking me in-between posts. Sorry for the delay.:sad2:
How frustrating..I hate when that happens:headache::hug:
Hey there guys! I FINALLY got "Day # 9 - Rome" published!! It's a LONG one peeps!! So if you're a reader who's ENJOYING my little trip report / blog please have at it!!

(PS) And if you're my non-fan who's going by "Not Impressed" in the comments please don't feel obligated to continue reading!!!! :goodvibes I really don't want to have to go start policing it to delete rude comments. That's not why I'm writing it. THANK YOU!!!

count me as one who is enjoying:thumbsup2

I'm betting the non-fan is green with envy as it sounds you had a wonderful trip.

Looking forward to reading more:woohoo:
Just so you know:goodvibes

I have a million questions about Paris, but figure I'll wait until you finish your blog.

Hope your car is fixed up:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more:woohoo:
Just so you know:goodvibes

I have a million questions about Paris, but figure I'll wait until you finish your blog.

Hope your car is fixed up:goodvibes

:rotfl: sorry - I know, I'm slipping! Car is OK...spent ALL morning at Sears the other day. The tire pressure sensor had corroded (sp?) off & they had to replace that. Plus I had a nail so had to get a plug. And may as well rotate & balance while we're there, right?!:rolleyes1 Today, DS was off from school so we did stuff like eye exams...it's always sumthin' 'eh?!

I've got my text written and am working on my pictures for the port of Naples - I took over 300 that day!!!! :eek: I promise I'll get more posted by this weekend!!! Cross my heart!! :goodvibes

I have a million questions about Paris

I really don't want to spoil Anal Annie's point of view, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll be very delighted to help as I'm living 13km (8 miles) South East of the most beautiful city in the world. :love:

Hi all...I posted the first half of our Naples day last night (did Positano & Sorrento by lunch). Still need to post the afternoon (Pompeii). Hopefully I'll finish it up this afternoon. It's only 10:00 am & I need a nap already. :rotfl2: Got up at 5:00 to take DS to swim practice. Feels like a full day already!:rotfl:

:rotfl: sorry - I know, I'm slipping! Car is OK...spent ALL morning at Sears the other day. The tire pressure sensor had corroded (sp?) off & they had to replace that. Plus I had a nail so had to get a plug. And may as well rotate & balance while we're there, right?!:rolleyes1 Today, DS was off from school so we did stuff like eye exams...it's always sumthin' 'eh?!

I've got my text written and am working on my pictures for the port of Naples - I took over 300 that day!!!! :eek: I promise I'll get more posted by this weekend!!! Cross my heart!! :goodvibes
No pressure!!:laughing:
Just wanted to make sure you knew we were patiently waiting;)

A friend took my DS (then 15) to Italy for 2 weeks in 2009. I was afraid to let him take our camera so I sent him with disposable cameras instead. I really regret that especially seeing your pictures now:sad2:

I really don't want to spoil Anal Annie's point of view, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll be very delighted to help as I'm living 13km (8 miles) South East of the most beautiful city in the world. :love:
Oh cool:woohoo:
Annie covers things so well for the main sites in Paris, but we are planning to take a train to Normandy and need some advice on that.
I'll send you a private message for that:goodvibes

Hi all...I posted the first half of our Naples day last night (did Positano & Sorrento by lunch). Still need to post the afternoon (Pompeii). Hopefully I'll finish it up this afternoon. It's only 10:00 am & I need a nap already. :rotfl2: Got up at 5:00 to take DS to swim practice. Feels like a full day already!:rotfl:

Thanks so much:thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading it:woohoo:

I THOUGHT I would get back to working on posting the rest of Day 10 today but it ended up being cold & rainy & I was too sleepy to sit at the computer. I was nodding off.:rolleyes1 So I ended up working in DS's room all afternoon going thru his closet & bagging up all of last years clothes to make room for his latest size of everything. Seemed like a good rainy day project and kept me on my feet so I wouldn't sleep all day! :rotfl: His swim practice on Sunday is a little later so I won't have to get up before daylight...I will try to get it done in the afternoon.

Don' t worry we all know here that a full & detailed TR is hard to built so no problem. Hope your DS liked to see his closet tidied and clothes right to his size ;)

Don' t worry we all know here that a full & detailed TR is hard to built so no problem. Hope your DS liked to see his closet tidied and clothes right to his size ;)

Thanks for understanding - NOW I have computer issues.:guilty: I have the text written & am working my way thru the Pompeii pics to resize them. But YESTERDAY I came home from DS's swim practice & DH had been working on my computer. He was trying to install a newer version of Windows for me (I have been running on Vista) and it wouldn't install because there was an update of some sort that Vista wouldn't take. Meanwhile the newer Windows won't install without the missing update.:headache: He spent several hours on it yesterday trying to find a work-around but couldn't and then it was time for football so he quit.:rolleyes1 What he's done so far has messed up all my settings, added a bunch of unwanted toolbars, rearranged all my shortcut icons on my desktop and has caused some message to keep popping up that I have to accept OVER and OVER and OVER.:mad: OH and then to top that off whenever I have the blog website open I keep getting messages that pop up from the Anti-virus software that say I am out of memory and to shut down Windows and / or Firefox (I sometimes use both).:headache: It is looking like it's going to be a LONG day. :sad2:

All I managed to get done yesterday was to add a small paragraph on the Naples day with a few pics of the masks & Limoncino set that a couple people asked to see. Hope ya'll can bear with me!! Once I get the Naples day posted the next 2 should be shorter (our sea day and Mallorca).

yippee you did a trip report. I can relive the trip through your words and photos. Off to start reading right now!!! thanks for doing it.

Hey all... I tried desperately to finish up day #10 today but my computer is KILLIN' ME!!! It keeps freezing up and I have to close out & restart. Very frustrating. I am gettin' real sick & tired of seeing that swirling death eye thing it does when it's thinking!! If only I had a dollar for every time it froze up today... I think the problem is that when I go into the website to edit the blog it's just too darned big for my piddly 'old computer & I don't have enough memory. So I got almost maybe about half of Pompeii uploaded I think. I also didn't get all the pictures that I uploaded labeled 'cuz when I tried to open them they were blank (they're not really blank - just when I try to add captions they're blank). GRRRR. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. For now, it's bedtime...:goodvibes

WHEW!! If any of my readers are still out there I finally finished Day #10 - Naples (The Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Pirate Night) this morning. I'm having trouble with my computer getting it published but I think it's all out there. This computer has really been a source of major headaches this week - a real nightmare. The freezing up thing is killin' me!! I am going away for the night with some of the other Moms in my neighborhood & DH has promised to work on my computer while I'm gone. I hope when I return tomorrow afternoon it is all better and I can get on with the rest of the blog. It took me a week to do what should've taken a couple of days. VERY frustrating!!

Great Trip report! i was on the cruise just before yours that arrived back in Barcelona a day early which was a HUGE HUGE HUGE disappointment! I loved your pictures. I took close to 7000 myself and haven't even gotten through the first 2000!

Great Trip report! i was on the cruise just before yours that arrived back in Barcelona a day early which was a HUGE HUGE HUGE disappointment! I loved your pictures. I took close to 7000 myself and haven't even gotten through the first 2000!

7,000!!?? :scared1: As in SEVEN thousand!? Holy Moly!! I think my 1,700 was plenty!! :goodvibes

I am sorry about your Palma day...if it had been us we would've much rather had an extra sea day than return to Barcelona a day early. :hug:

(Where are you in Maryland??)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter