Trip Report for WDW SSR 5/28-6/4

mrmom456

DVC Veteran
We have been SSR owners since the beginning and our youngest (18 y/o son) has made as many trips to WDW as he is old. We have stayed at a few different resorts and like them all but nothing is home like SSR. For those who do not like SSR, thank you and keep those thoughts, it leaves more availability for us when we want to go.

This trip we went back to SSR after a brief hiatus where we had stayed at OKW which we also enjoyed. We stayed in the Paddocks 6225, a one bedroom. The room showed a little wear and tear but nothing serious or different from other resorts. It was a quick walk to the Paddocks pool, a leisurely walk to the Carriage house pool, just over the bridge and an easy walk to Downtown. Every morning our 18 year old went to the artist pallet to get breakfast for either all of us or just to get his crescent sandwich. This is the only place he can get it and he absolutely loves it. We had one incident in our room where one night we returned and there was no power in our bedroom but one phone call and maintenance personnel responded within 20 minutes to reset the circuit breaker. Still no known reason as to why, but it was not a major problem. We did notice that several lights are out throughout the complex and landscaping has been cutback lately and that is just a sign of the times I guess. Security appeared to have been tightened at the resort, they toured our lot and building on a regular basis which we have not seen before.

We went to the parks and Downtown Disney including Disney Quest and enjoyed a lot of the food (also cooked in our room from food at the local Publix). I had Tonga Toast from Kona Cafe Polynesian Resort, guess we are a little behind on that which was excellent (last minute reservation). Our sons highlight had to be the ice cream at L’Artisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet, just opened in the France Pavilion at Epcot. We made a “few” trips there. Highly recommended! We also just found the cinnamon roll at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom, perfect desert after dinner.

We visited the new Fantasyland, can’t wait for the new rollercoaster to open. Our 18 y/o got to play the part of Belle’s guard at the Enchanted Tales with Belle. It is true that Disney brings out the kid in all of us. I would love to show his friends those pictures. We went on the Journey of the little Mermaid, The Storybook Circus (Dumbo) and checked out the rest of Fantasyland. They still have more to do there, but it was enjoyable. We cannot wait to get on the new Sleeping Beauty ride they are building there. It was cool to see the production of the ride!

Getting on the main attractions was actually really quick, under 15 minutes to get on and getting off of them.

Every time we go, there is always a new adventure and always a great vacation. Even on the next 18 trips it will still be amazing.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I have my first stay at SSR this December and I'm very excited to check it out. It looks beautiful in the pictures I've seen of it so far.

Glad you had a good trip. SSR is home for us also. My kids (older teens) love this resort too. Even if we stay someplace else, we have the need to "go home" on every trip. One time DD and I stayed at VWL and visited DTD. We ended up on the boat to SSR and just sat at the pool for about an hour just taking in the ambiance of our favorite resort.

Glad you had a good trip. SSR is home for us also. My kids (older teens) love this resort too. Even if we stay someplace else, we have the need to "go home" on every trip. One time DD and I stayed at VWL and visited DTD. We ended up on the boat to SSR and just sat at the pool for about an hour just taking in the ambiance of our favorite resort.

That is funny, we also stop in at SSR when we stay at another resort just to "go home".:)

Glad you had a great time, everytime I hear stories like yours I say to myself I am happy I bought into DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter