Trip Report 5/1-5/7

Revelation

Earning My Ears
This is my trip report for my 16th trip to WDW. I will give you a brief summary of each day then at the end of the report do some brief dining reviews on places I went. Allow me to give some minor background on my trip and experiences at disney in the past. I am 39yo single male going on my first solo trip. I have stayed at several Disney Resorts in the past (I try to visit a different one each time) my list so far is Contemp,All StAR Music, All Star Movie, Pop Century,Caribbean,and Coronado. So this time I choose to try out All Star Sports. I did go in the Disney Dining Plan with park hopper option.

Sunday 5/1...arrived at All Star Sports at 7:15 AM to pre check-in for my grand adventure. Of course did the minor security stop at the gate and parked in the check-in parking lot. Walked inside went up to the online check-in since I took advantage of that in advance. Was a fast process go my key to the kingdom room key, and actually choose not to check in my baggage (which turned out to be a good idea Ill explain that later). Took a minute or two to look around the looby and take in the Disney Air and let the magic hit me. Walked outside straight the to Magic Kingdom bus, which well you cant start a trip better with a bus already there. Gave me a feeling it was gonna be a wonderful trip.:banana: Bus was not packed at all was able to sit back and relax during the ride. Arrived at Magic Kingdom and went straight for my favorite ride, Splash Mountain? no Thunder Mountain? no...keep guessing...no Its the monorail to polynesian. Yep straight to Kona for some Tonga Toast. After having my tonga toast fix I strolled down to the marina just to see the hours for later on in the trip. Back to the monorail and time to begin the real fun...Magic Kingdom...Strolled up and down main street doing a little bit of window shopping for later. First ride, Pirates of the Cari.., It was a walk-on no waiting in line, then I went back to Aloha Isle for my Dole Whip fix. Ok enough eating fatty back to explore more. Headed over to Frontierland rode the mountains grabbed a fastpass for splash and did the whole 10 minute wait on big thunder, got off had a smoke at the nearby smoking section then went on splash. Heading over to Liberty Sq stopped and caught country bear,then Haunted Mansion.Walked through fantasyland it was packed BIG TIME so went to tommorowland. Fastpass for space mt for later on, Did COP,LaughFloor,FP for Buzz for later, rode space-mt,Ate a hot dog, did Stitch , used my FP for buzz. Now off back to fantasyland went straight to get a fastpass for winnie the pooh. Hopped on Its a small World (walk-on), then Peter Pan 20 minute wait not too bad. Snow White, Phillar Magic, time to use that fastpass for winnie the pooh. Now I headed to plaza for my ADR. After that it was 8pm So figure i go check out the jungle cruise which I skipped earlier. Hey a nighttime cruise is always fun whats the worst that can happen?, Well the titantic did sink at night but Ill chance it. Love jungle cruise the female skipper was very funny and charming. Hit up Pirates again then decided its been a long day head back to the room. Bus ride back was packed but as expected. Went up to the reservations counter to get my room # since that info wasnt available at 7am. CM wrote down 7147 for me ok. I drive over grab my suitcase and stuff and head over to 7147 swipe the room key 4 times doesnt (feeling like an idiot) I see a mickey cop working and I tell him my problem, after 10 questions (awaiting the cavity search) he calls the front desk and finds out my room # is 7142 not 7147. I try that one a few doors down and I'm in. I was so tired nice little towel configuration in the shape of mickey on the bed. So stowed my stuff the way I like it changed my clothes and headed to the pool bar (Team Spirits) for a brew or two. I was there during some sort of a cheerleader convention or something that night It was packed with them. Had about two beers and decided to check in for the night. Ok the first day is packed with details the others wont have as much because I just dont remember as much.

Day 2

Epcot here I come, woke up very early bus was quick (waited about 5 mins or less for one to arrive) Got there at rope drop. Headed straight for spaceship earth, yes spaceship earth not the golf ball. Since it was a walk on always nice. Went to the land and got my FP for Soaring (love that ride). Hit up Living with land boat ride, Seas with Nemo (just did the ride),Journey Into Imagination ride, Used my soaring FP. Treked over to the other side. Got my Test track fix in (love that single rider line). At this time I realized you really are on vacation it's time to relax, whats that mean yep miller time. Grabbed and beer and relaxed with a smoke or two, another beer ok. Now time for Mission space decided to go Orange for the real rush. All was well loading then got in a team with a family of 3, Dad son daughter. Was having a nice relaxing time until I heard this female voice say...."Dad I hope I dont get sick like I did on thunder mountain"...um YIKES. well to make it short and brief I made it out clean. just alot of screaming on her part. I decided to save ellen universe of energy for later on in the trip. Time to go hit up those countries. Stopped at Mexico and ate QS. Grabbed another beer hit up boat ride in Mexico and Norway. Basically made my way around the countries drinking some beer and relaxing. Left the park right as Illuminations was about to start (figure I beat the rush tonight). Went straight to my room and got some sleep.

Day 3 Tuesday

Straight to Animal Kingdom bus-stop (EMH). Never did like AK BUT Exp.Everest wasnt there last time I went so i have to check it out. Got there 20 mins before rope drop. Got in headed straight for everest. Walk on (3 times in a row), Ok off to Dinosaur ride, then tough to be a bug show. Ok the plan was to be here till 11 and get some bbq from flame tree. Well that took an hour. So time to move on. Took the bus to the contemp. resort. Also enjoyed walking around this place and outside of it. Then hopped on the monorail to the Polynesian. Well remember I did check the hours of the marina on Sunday day 1 well now is the time..SEA-RAYCERS!! now I been to WDW ALOT and never ever did this and always wanted to. I was out for 45 mins and loved it. I can be crazy at times (not often but sometimes) so I made the best of it make some waves and sharp turn to hop in the air over them like an Idiot and get bad looks lol. Ok parked the sea-raycer and settled up my bill very affordable and Used my voucher for 30percent off. Jumped back on the monorail to TTC, switched over to Epcot. took the long relaxing monorail ride to Epcot and hit some of my favorites again. Spac Earth,Test Track, Mission Space (went green this time wanted to see the difference), Went ahead and did Ellens UOA, Captain EO (had to for nostalgia sake). Looking again at Mission Space and wondered if it was worth sacraficing Horizons for. Did a loop through the countries to do some shoping and a few beers. Time for the ADR I been waitin on Biergarten. After that I strolled the other half of course had to stop in for American Adventure Animtronic show. Headed back to the front of the park grabbing a beer here and there. Time to go back to the resort its early like 8pm so bus was minimal crowd. Hung out the bar near the pool till closing (midnight) had a few beers chatted it up with others and the bartender (Will), bartender was a really fun person to hang out with. Time for sleep again

Day 4 Wed

MGM. uh I mean Disney Hollywood Studios. Well last time i was here TOy story mania wasnt around and I read enuff about get your fast pass at rope drop. so here I am got the gameplan ready even crept through the shops to get close to the front. Rope drop GO! Its like the kentucky derby I swear the line for the fastpass was crazy long. So I decided I got 3 more days here off to backlot tour skip the FPass line. Did the tour,muppets,walked past star tours of course it was being refurb around that time still. Decided to check out American Idol hey It can be any worse than sounds dangerous. I LOVED it. Off to the great movie ride (got the gangster scene). Art of Animation,Voyage of Lil Mermaid,Narnia. Ok I give in Ill stand in line for Toy Story. The sign said 70 mins it was more like 40. About to walk toward Hollywood Blvd and decided to Hit up Great Movie Ride ( I Love this ride, got gangster scene again). Time to hit up RNR and TOT. grabbed a FP for RNR, then did standby (was a walk-on), rode TOT,walked on RNR again then used my fastpass so rode RNR 3 times, TOT again. Now off to see the American Idol Finale. Back to the hotel (no fantasmic tonight). Hung out with will at the bar again for a couple of hours. Then off to sleep

Day 5 Thursday

Well the alarm goes off at 6am, Ok i have a 7am ADR at Chef Mickeys for some buffet and character fun. Get up walk downstairs smoke, go back to room and go back to sleep Im on vacation hell with that ADR. woke up at 9am. Got dressed headed to stroller world ( I mean magic kingdom).Rode the railroad when arrived to frontierland to get straight to splash and big thunder, grabbed a fast pass for splash since the line was very long. hit up pirates,haunted mansion,peco bill for lunch, then went and used my fastpass for Splash. Rode the railroad to the front (ok good full RR ride this trip). Headed over to tommorowland, grabbed my fastpass for space, did COP,buzz,and then used my fastpass. did INdy Speedway, fastpass for peter pan this time not winnie, rode snow white,small world,winnie pooh (40 min wait),used my fastpass. By this time Im getting tired figure I head back to the room. Took a shower, went down to the pool-bar to hang out some met alot of funny people from England and a diff bartender Travis. Off to sleep at midnight again.

Day 6 Friday

This is my last day in the parks (gotta make it count). Well off to Magic Kingdom...decided to take a chance and walked to contemp resort and see if I can get a walk-in for Chef Mickeys. Well I got it was very happy. Took the bus from contemp to DHS (had my magic kingdom fix in from the other days). Did Toy Story ,RNR, TOT,GMR, took the boat from DHS to Boardwalk, ESPN Club for lunch, Boat ride to Epcot. Mexico and Norway boat ride, Mission Space,Test Track, Spaceship Earth (now the original plan was to head back to DHS and see the finale of American Idol) I was just tired to wait around that long so Its about 3pm headed back to the room took a shower and a hour nap. Got up headed to DTD (downtown disney) did some last minute shopping and strolling around . After this headed back to the resort its about 730pm now. Used my arcade points, had a pizza at the food court, had more than a few beers at the bar (hey Im vacation dont give me that look :rolleyes1 ). Time for bed

Day 6 Saturday

Well what are you expecting here? I woke up packed my car took a final look at the area even drove around a little bit in the WDW area then off to a 10 hr drive home to New Orleans (normally do the drive in 8.5 hrs but they had a bad wreck on I-10 near mobile alabama where a truck was flipped, so traffic was stopped for a hour).

Dining Reviews, these will be very brief

Had Peco Bills twice, Once got the pork bbq sandwich other visit got the chili chesse fries gotta love peco bills its the best QS in WDW. Fixings bar Fixings bar. did i mention something about fixings?

Launching Pad twice. I like the philly hot dog so had that both times.

Plaza Resturaunt. Philly cheesesteak with homemade chips (both were very good)

ESPN club. got some nachos and Muffelata hamburger, well I was highly dissapointed my bartender she was very rude and the food was very bland.

Mexico QS....Taco was ok, chips were well basic tortilla chips Salsa was very good and well Churros was awesome (first time I ever had one).

Chef Mickeys....everything there was good, love those cheesy bacon potatoe and of course you arent living the disney experience with a mickey waffle.

Pizza Planet was very good breadstcks and a nice greasy pepperoni pizza.

Kona Cafe....the Tonga Toast was awesome a Highly recommend it!

Food court and ASSP was good for brkfst.Like the banana bread for a snack

Snacks : Chocolate Fudge and Peanut Butter Fudge.. I had to do my own personal taste test and well Its Chocolate by a nose.
Ice Cream sadwhich was refreshing but of course not as refreshing as a Dole Whip was. Love the soft pretzels with cheese sauce in Epcot

I think next time Ill just go on the QS dining plan rather than the QS/TS one. I tend to like QS more than TS since I went solo had alot to play in that I suppose.

Did go during the flower and garden festival Which i was impressive with some things that were done with flowers, but of course it is Disney expect only the best.

All the CMS made my time magical except for the one at ESPN but I didnt let that ruin my magic.

As for the weather not too hot only had one day of rain and it was a light sprinkle for 1 hour on my last day so nothing bad at all.

So to sum it all up...MAGICAL...Lots of fun,Lots of memories,Lots of strollers, Lots of food, and not enough days like always.

Hope you peeps enjoy this trip report , please dont take offense to the stroller remarks just for purely laughs, just watch your ankles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter