Trip Report 4/9 - 4/18

NuttyDisneyMom

Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visi
Our cast consisted of DH, myself, DS (17), DD(14), and DD(6). Stayed offsite at 2 seperate timeshares. One was a freebie and the other was a gift stay from a friend. This was DH first family trip to WDW! DS and DD14 had not been since 2000 and did not remember much of anything since we only went to MK. DD6 has been each year since 2007 with me and DM.

Here are some pics to acquaint you with us!
DSCF0308.jpg

DS17, DD14, DD6
DSCF0306.jpg

Me & DH

I'm sitting in our resort today, resting and nursing a bad cough and cold that I acquired just last night, while DH and children are enjoying the pool. We leave tomorrow morning for our 10 hour car ride home to VA Beach.:sad:

Day 1, 4/9
We arrived!:thumbsup2 Albeit it was 5pm. We didn't get into our room until 6 and were pooped! Went over to SOG to get our park tickets and had dinner. Got to bed early for an early start on Day 2. This was our 3 night freebie resort and it was absolutely GORGEOUS!

Day 2, 4/10
Was supposed to be AK, but the kids wanted to do EP. None of us had ever been to Epcot! All the years I lived there, never went because everyone said there was nothing to do! WRONG!!!! Arrived a little bit after 9am and waited in line to get our tickets "activated".:confused: What a waste of time! Couldn't understand why using the ticket on your 1st day wouldn't activate the card. Took the kids to do some pin trading while DH got the cards all set. Finally through the gates at 9:30 and off to get the stroller. NO LINE!!! WOW! Headed right for Soarin' and already a 90 min wait, so got FP's. Went ahead and did Nemo ride. Too cute! Stayed and played in the Living Seas area for a bit and got some great pics. Off to MS! Line was 10 min wait:lovestruc Loved it! Especially DD6. Sent the video emails and decided to head for TT! Wait was over an hour:headache: so FP'ed that one too:thumbsup2 Had some time to kill before Soarin' FP return so went to check out some WS. Started in Mexico with a Margarita YUM! IT was so strong too! Well worth the $9:) Over to Norway for some snacks at Kringla and found our new favorite treat...SCHOOL BREAD!!!:cloud9: That stuff is so addicting as you'll see in this report. Rode Maelstrom and loved it. Wait was about 10 mins. Everyone loved it, just wished it was a longer ride. Off to China for Eggrolls and Potstickers! Yummy again! Hung out for a bit in China waiting for the older to kiddos to do some KP missions. They ended up giving up after one since they take up quite a bit of time in the same country. Walked over to Japan for Kaki Gori...YUMMY!!! Caught the boat to the other side of WS to gear up for our Soarin' FP time. Did LWTL and absolutely LOVED the tour, especially the greenhouses, just AWESOME! Finally time for Soarin'!!!:woohoo: It was FABULOUS to say the least! Definately my new favorite:love: The boys wanted to play on the Segways, so off they went while the girls and I did Circle of Life show. Cute and very relaxing! Got back with the boys and hopped to MK for dinner at Casey's. MK was so packed!!! :crowded:Thank goodness we were only going down Main Street! Dinner was great and we got to sit and watch the old cartoons in the corner which DD6 loved! Passed by the confectionary for some fudge on the way out.: Back to EP for our TT FP time.:yay: DD6 was so scared, but it ended up being her favorite new ride! We were pretty burnt as it was almost 8pm so decided to call it a night. Hit MS one more time on the way out because there was NO LINE:woohoo: All in all it was a GREAT 1st day in the parks and a great 1st time at EP!
DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DD6 enjoying her Casey's dog and the cartoons
DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

My girls being swallowed by Bruce
DSCF0163.jpg

This is on the wall in the que while for Living with the Land. Loved the sentiment!
DSCF0160.jpg

What Kaki Gori does to your tounge!
DSCF0154.jpg

China

Going to try to head out to the pool with the family for the last bit of fun in the FL sun!:beach: Even tho I'm not feeling 100%, still want to be with them. To be continued....

Came home last night...and me and DD6 are sick with chest colds....rest of the report is coming soon...;)

We returned Saturday and my DH also came home with a terrible chest cold.

Hope you feel better.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the report too.
I'm thinking about an Easter week trip next year, but all the horror stories have me scared. So I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who was there.

Day 3
Today was Sea World and it was mobbed!!!:scared: I wanted to keep us away from WDW parks Easter weekend, as I felt they would be too too crowded and really at 10's. I must say I was disappointed that Sea World is SOOOO expensive now! You have to pay for EVERYTHING as extra:confused: We did have a good time though, so I can't complain.

Day 4 (Easter Sunday)
Ahhhh....a day of rest with Easter Dinner planned at OHana:lovestruc Did alot of swimming once we checked into the new resort:cloud9: Off site and beautiful!!! We left the condo about 7pm so we could get to the Poly and shop a little, plus we were going to catch the Electric Water Parade on the beach at 9. We got there and I check us in for dinner at 8pm, though our ADR's were for 9:45pm. Glad I did!!! They were PACKED and the hostess said they were running 30 mins behind!:eek: Went down to the beach and let the kids play in the sand. It was a BEAUTIFUL night in Orlando, that's for sure:thumbsup2 The EWP was nice and lasted about 20 mins. We headed back upstairs to Ohana right after....and our pager was buzzing!:banana: They seated us 20 mins early!:woohoo: They even sat us by the window with a perfect view of the Castle! Our dinner was phenomenal and is now a must do on every trip! They start you with the salad with honey-lime dressing....YUM!...our "cousin" even gave me the receipe:lovestruc Then they bring out the ginger teriyaki chicken wings and fried potstickers....again...delicious! Then comes the broccoli and snow peas along with the lomein...YUMMY!!! Just about the time the meats started coming around, Wishes started and they pipe in the music. Talk about feeling like you're on cloud nine!:cloud9: We all we swept away by the magic, that's for sure! The meats were fabulous...moist and flavorful! The boys liked the steak and pork best, and me and DD14 loved the shrimp and turkey. DD6 hadn't been feeling well all day:sick: so our "cousin" brought her chicken nuggets and fries to see if she'd even eat, which she didn't. She even tried ice cream (her favorite) and she didn't eat that! I knew she really didn't feel well at that point. She climbed into my lap and fell asleep after wishes was over.:angel: Then came the dessert! HOLY MOLY it was huge! If someone tells me how to post pics, I'll be more than happy to!!!!:confused::confused: The boys don't like the texture of bread pudding, so our cousin brought them vanilla ice cream with the banana foster sauce and they were in heaven! Anything we asked for we got right away, hot and delicious! This was by far the best family meal we ever had! We left Ohana around 11pm, stuffed and with that magical disney glow!!!:dance3:
DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

EWP from the beach at the Poly. Sorry it's so blurry!
DSCF0328.jpg

DD14(Alex) wrote this in the sand at the Poly. Thought it was adorable!
DSCF0333.jpg

Told you they loved Ohana!
DSCF0334.jpg

She was ZONKED! She only woke up once and said, "Mommy, what color is the castle?"
DSCF0339.jpg

Best dessert EVER!!!
DSCF0343.jpg

Full and happy! We will be back EVERY trip!

Off to get my DD6 from school. Next up is day 5 at MK....stay tuned!

I am uploading them all now...stay tuned! I'll edit each post so I can post the appropriate pics there:thumbsup2

...since I finally figured out how to post pics;)
DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

Sodas at Club Cool. Germany, Mexico and Japan were good! Stay away from Italy!!!
DSCF0117.jpg

The kids outside Nemo and Friends in EP

DSCF0223-1.jpg

Leafy Sea Dragon. These things were really neat!
DSCF0224-1.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

She is obessed with Punch Buggies so this was perfect!
DSCF0241.jpg

And DH is obsessed with NASCAR!
DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

Feeding the dolphins
DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

Since we didn't get back to the resort until well after midnight, we slept in. After breakfast, we rolled into MK around noon. It was pretty crowded:scared1: After we picked up the stroller, we headed off to Tomorrowland to get FPs for SM. Return time was 5:30, not too shabby. DH and DS grabbed turkey legs from Cosmic Ray's, they couldn't wait, and they were so yumm-o! Hopped on the people mover, yes, it will always be the people mover to me and my family:lovestruc I grew up calling it that and it's never changed so my kids don't know it any differently either. Gotta love nostalgia. After that we decided to do COP, which I haven't done since I was a kid! Everyone seemed to enjoy it and it was a nice way to cool off too. We come out and who do we spot in the corner...STITCH!!! DD6's favorite! She was so excited to see him again! Actually all of us were, we're a Stitch kinda family:love: After those photos, off to the Laugh Floor. Too cute! DH had the role of Mike the whole time and totally played into it, one eye and all:laughing: Then, we hit Stitch's Great Escape. It was cute and a nice change from Alien Encounter years ago! The chili dog burp was pretty disgusting and my DD14 actually got pretty nauseous from it. It was a cute attraction, but I feel Disney could've done Stitch more justice and it could've been MUCH better. We can skip that one next time, if DD6 will allow it:idea: After this, we head off to Fantasyland. The line for TSW and the Teacups was of course, ridiculous, but we didn't mind since they aren't must do's for any of us. The line for Pooh was listed as 20 mins, so we jumped in and only waited about 15. DH tided us over with ice cream and strawberry bars. Now, I have a very good relationship with strawberry bars. We've been having a love affair since my 1st trip to MK that I can remember and that will never change!:angel: Just as we finished, it was time to get on! Just as cute as ever! DS and DH were of course meh about it, but us girls love our Pooh and friends! Especially Piglet, which is DD6's nickname since birth. She's tiny, pale pink, and adorable just like him. I'm sure you can see from the photo how it fits her. Time to get another FP and we decide on BTMRR. We could've done Splash, but we all hate wet feet in tennis shoes, so we skipped it for now. Time for some FOOD! Tall Tale Inn is one of my faves because of the fixins bar! The kiddos and DH were really impressed, as was I all over again. DD6 who is a devout chicken strip/nugget fan actually had a hamburger here, albeit plain:upsidedow Bellies full, we hit POTC with a posted 30 min wait, and only wait 10:woohoo: I know the ride ques really well since I was born and raised in Disney the 1st 23 years of my life and visit quite often even after I moved, so I knew the line wasn't so bad. DH and the girls jumped in line while I waited for DS, who sweetly was parking the stroller for me:love: We caught up in line with the rest of the family and jumped in with them in line. Here is where the incident occurs....Now I am a VERY easy going woman, though I cannot stand ignorance. I don't think there is an excuse for it. Well the woman behind me taps me on my shoulder (how dare she touch me, that peeves me off too) and says "don't you know the line starts back there?" in a rude tone no less. I turn around and tell her "I do, thanks for the info, but this is my family." She says, "well you should've said that instead of jumping in front of us without saying anything." Now, I did say excuse me, sorry when we jumped in, but she obviously didn't hear me. She's still got this snotty, rude tone, so I turn to her and say, "Again, excuse me!" She proceeds to tell me I'm rude and just awful, then starts to chastize me in front of my children about my manners!!!:mad: This was NOT going to turn out well, at least for her. So, as my face is turning beet red, I spin around and say to her "excuse me, but who do you think you are to talk to me like that in front of my children no less?" and told her she needed to close her mouth, and now and that she was so lucky we were in Disney World! She knew she should shut it at this point as she could sense and see I was well over PO'ed at this point. I never raised my voice, but I couldn't help my color change :laughing:Thank God we got up to where the line split and she went the way we didn't!:laughing: Ugh what nerve people have!!! Even my DH, who is the most non confrontational person on the planet said she was extremely rude and ignorant. Anyway...on to POTC. It was awesome and I love getting to see those life-like glimpses of Captn Jack Sparrow:love: We got out and it was time for our Space Mtn return time, so off we go! DS chickened out, as usual, but the rest of us jumped in the FP line. I was a little nervous about DD6 riding because she is so small for her age and with the seats I knew I wouldn't be able to hold onto her. She also isn't crazy about the dark. I was actually relieved when we got closer that she decided she wanted to wait till next year to ride it;) So we did the parent swap. Let me tell you, that is one awesome perk from Disney. DH waited with DD6 at the ride exit while DD14 and I rode. Once we got off, DH and DD14 went around the corner with a CM who put them right back on. DD6 and I waited at the exit for a mere 5 mins for them:thumbsup2 Awesome! By now it was 5:45 and we had until 8pm for our FP return for BTMRR. Off to AK to ride EE! We jumped on a bus and relaxed our feet for the ride. Once at AK, everyone was leaving since they closed at 7pm. We had a little less than an hour. Got it, got a stroller and off we went. The posted wait was 40 mins and we jumped in. Only waited about 30, if that;) Did the parent swap again. EE is FABULOUS! We absolutely LOVED it!!! DD14 and I were lucky enough to get the front seat! Boy was it a little scary when they stop you at the end where you get ready to go in reverse. There is literally nothing but open air and nowhere to go but down with no track!!! It was so cool though! Never been on any type of coaster like that, but LOVED it! AK was closing so back to MK for us, but a pit stop on the way out for more Strawberry bars:) The bus ride was again, relaxing. Now, I LOVE MK at night, it's so beautiful! When we got back, everyone was lining up for the 1st SpectroMagic parade, so we made our way through:crowded:to PhilharMagic. DD6 and I both adore this show! We all enjoyed it and by the time we got out, we decided to grab a spot for Wishes! WOW it was packed out there! We just decided to stop in front of the Castle and stand there for it. Watching Tink fly gets me so choked up each time. Mostly because of the awe on my DD6's face everytime! We then waited for the crowd to die down and flood out so we could grab a spot on Main Street for the 11pm SpectroMagic. Got a great spot and decided...DESSERT time!!! DD14 and I hit Plaza Bakery and picked up chocolate cake, strawberry cheesecake, cheese danish, and....DRUM ROLL....CINNAMON ROLLS! These really are the best I've ever had! Came back and DS was sent off for popcorn and DH off for milk. We all shared everything while sitting on Main Street waiting for the parade. Everything was YUMMO, except the cheese danish was a little dry and the filling tasted "canned" according to DH who is a self-proclaimed cheese danish professional:rotfl: Spectro was AWESOME as usual! This is my favorite all-time parade at MK.:love: Now, off to BTMRR!:woohoo: This was DD6's first time and she was a little apprehensive, but it ended up being her new fave MK ride! I must say, I love that you can use the FPs anytime after the return time! Thanks WDW;) So...we ride BTMRR, which I love at night too, except for DS. He chickened out again. Try to remember what he's chickening out on now, because you'll be :eek: later when you see what he does ride. The ride was great! MK was open till 3am with EMH, tho we were not WDW resort guests, the park was still open to us till 1. Bring on the rides!!! The park was practically empty!:woohoo: By now it's a little after midnight and we can ride till 1am. We rode, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, and Buzz all in that time period!!! Can you say STOKED:dance3: Off to the monorail we went, very tired after a very full day we soon won't forget....pics below:P

DSCF0345.jpg

People Mover! See the look on DS face? That's when they shoot you out of the loop...he thought we had tricked him onto a thrill ride and was scared to death!:lmao::rotfl2:
DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

DSCF0353.jpg

At the end of POTC:cloud9::love::lovestruc

Up next...2 days of rest...well kinda...DTD, GF Afternoon Tea, Planet Hollywood...and my DD6 transforms into Stitch!!!

:goodvibesGreat TR!! I can't wait to try 'Ohana in Sept.! We'll be there the same time as you too!

Wecolme and thanks;) My advice would be to get a late ADR for Ohana so you can see the fireworks. It really is magical! :wizard: Maybe we'll run into you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter