• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip report (10/1/12 - 10/3/12

kauaimickey88

Earning My Ears
Our family of four had an awesome 3 days at DLR. We stayed off property at the Red Lion Hotel. The Red Lion was good for the price ($79 per night). We utilized ART and it was just ok.

Day 1 the park opened at 10a and it was a EMH for DCA. We arrived about 9 and the lines were long. They started letting everyone else in around 930a and I went straight to the RSR FP line while the wife and kids headed to CL. The FP line was already at Disney Jr. and I was able to get FP's with a return time of 230p. We spent most of the morning in CL and was blown away. The wife and kids did LFT with about a 30 minute wait. They liked it but weren't blown away. We all did MJYJ with a 5 minute wait and we loved it and did it a couple of times. It was extremely hot that day (100 degrees +) but we stuck it out and spent the whole day at DCA and were able to ride everything we wanted. Most rides were no more than 30 minutes with the exception of TSMM (45 minutes) but we would wait more than that since it is one of our favorite rides. Ended the night with WOC. This was our first time and we were blown away.

Day 2 the park opened at 8a. We skipped the MMH at DL to go into DCA to get FP's for RSR again. We were let into the park around 730a and headed straight to the FP line for RSR. The line was at Carthay Circle Restaurant and we got a return time of 1130a. Decided to stay @ DCA and got in the rides in CL, CS & TSMM before our FP time. After RSR we headed to DLR. Did the Tomorrowland rides. BLAB, ST, SMGG, FNSV and Autopia. The longest wait was for FNSV (30 minutes). For some reason my sons love Autopia. I don't really care for it but they love it so we rode it more than once. They also loved ST and so did I. SMGG was also awesome but my older son wasn't a big fan of the ghosts. We took a break and headed to the hotel for rest since we were coming back for the Halloween Party. We really enjoyed the Halloween Party. It was crowded but manageable. We were able to walk on to Haunted Mansion, Pirates and BTMR. This was the first time for our kids to do HM and Pirates and we all enjoyed it alot. Headed back to Tomorrowland and waited in line to meet Phineas and Ferb. Did ST again and picked a spot for the parade and fireworks. Enjoyed both of them alot. Overall we enjoyed the Halloween party but not sure if we would do it again.

Day 3 the park opened at 10a. Again headed to FP line for RSR. Got a return time of 12:30p so stayed in DCA and did CS and TSMM. We spent the rest of the day going from DCA to DL to fit in everything else we missed including Splash, Matterhorn, Toontown and back to Tomorrowland yet again to do everything there. I guess Tomorrowland is our kids favorite in DL and Cars land in DCA.

Overall an awesome trip. It was crowded and very hot but very manageable and we enjoyed every minute of it!!

Glad to hear you and your family had a great trip! Thanks for taking the time to write the report:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter