• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip plan - does this look OK?

fortheboys

Mouseketeer
My travel party is myself and DH, and our 2 sons, ages 2 and 5. My parents are going with us as well, ultra fit and 64 years young. We have basic dining and are staying for 7 nights at the Poly with 8 day parkhoppers. Jan 21-27 So far, this is what I have planned. I'm stumped on what to do the last few days of the trip, suggestions would be appreciated! Also, we stop to nap/rest in the afternoons between 2 and 5. I could use some help filling in the blanks, esp the last days!

Wed, Jan 21.
We are driving in from the Tampa area, so will be there for opening at AK.
Dinner, 5PM Ohanas
After Dinner - ????????

Thrus
MK - early entry
Dinner - Crystal Palace, 5:30
Spectromagic parade at 7:00
Fireworks at 8:00

Fri
Epcot in morning
Dinner 6:30, Coral Reef
Epcot Fireworks 9:00
Epcot PM Magic Hours

Sat
HS for early entry
Dinner 5:00 Kona Cafe
After Dinner - ??????

Sun
Park - ??????????
Dinner - 5:15 Chef Micky's
After Dinner - ???????

Mon -
Park - ??????
Dinner - Tony's 6:00
After dinner - MK for PM magic hours

Tues -
No plans or ADR's yet!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Wed - No plans yet, but we are planning on staying the full day and getting a cheap room that night somewhere in Orlando, and then leave fresh the following AM for our drive back to NJ. Planning on all CS meals that day, as we will have used up all our dining credits (may need to use up snack credits, but I doubt it! LOL)

Since you have your parents with, maybe they take the kids alone one day...kind of a Grandparents day, while you two go off on your own and do the attractions you missed because the kids were too small.
Or go out and have a nice couple's dinner just the two of you.

as for evenings, sounds like it would perfect to use that time to go to the different fireworks in each park.

Maybe go to the campfire at fort wilderness on night.
kids should like that.

have fun.

The plan looks good so far. I've got 2 young boys too!! I would recommend spending another day at MK and add a day at AK. You can spend a morning at DTD, shopping and exploring. My boys love MK and DHS. Make sure to see Fantasmic at DHS, that was cool.

We also take midday breaks, it's essential for happy campers. We start early at rope drop and are back for naps after lunchtime. Then head out again at dinnertime. I just finished my trip report from our October trip, you can see the different things my boys liked.

Have a great trip.

When I ask my kids what their favorite things are to do at Disney, on the top of their list is Downtown Disney Lego Store and playing at the pool.
Yes - the two things that don't require expensive park tickets (it kills me every time:rotfl: )

With young boys you will not want to miss Downtown Disney - Lego Store. That might be a fun thing to do one of the evenings - but be warned - it does get busy. Also, Once Upon a Toy Store (I think I have the name right) has build your own light saber and Mr. Potato heads - along with more toys than any child could ask for. Go in with a $$number in mind and don't budge - stay strong:lmao: .

I also would definitely add in some time at the pool. Usually by day 4 of getting up early for the parks, we need to sleep in and just take it easy for a day (or at least part of a day)

For Tuesday, try Whispering Canyons at Wilderness Lodge. That place is my son's favorite. (he is 8 , was 5 when we first went). Hollywood and Vine at HS is another great lunch for little ones (the characters from Little Einsteins and Jo Jo's Circus dance around the restaurant with the kids). I would consider another 1/2 day at HS if your boys like the following: Power Rangers, Cars, Playhouse Disney, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Star Wars. We just went with friends on their first trip. This was their boys favorite park (6 and 8).

I would definitely try to take one night for just you and your husband. Get the kids settled with a movie with your parents and head to Epcot or Boardwalk.
Your kids would enjoy the Boardwalk one night too. They have a great magician that pulls kids into his shows. They also have juggler type acts, a strolling piano, a strange (yet entertaining) hat trick guy. You can stop by the candy store there too.

Have a great time!

Thanks so much for your imput! :goodvibes I was thinking about heading to the Wilderness Lodge, and combine it with the campfire at Fort Wilderness to make an evening of it...but I imagine I'd have to drive between the 2 resorts....hmmmm...Suggestions for moving between the two? Is there a boat, or will I have to head back to a hub to get there?

We love DTD - thank god for the $200 gift card thanks to the 4/3 deal. My oldest is getting Legos for xmas (the little ones for "big boys") so I'm sure we'll spend quite a bit of time/money there! LOL That gift card money is as good as spent in the shops of DTD!! And my sons favorite "ride" is that pricey train. Go figure!

There is a boat that runs from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness - just give yourself plenty of time - I can't remember how often it runs.

I think it looks great, and you have absolutely the right idea. However, with ages 2 and 5, from a parent of 3 and 6..after 8, itll be lights out. Definitely will be in the stroller and probably knocked out at that point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter