• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip "on hold"

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
I have been diagnosed with a kidney stone and may have to cancel my much-awaited Spring Break trip to OKW. I am very disappointed and am hoping I can still go (depends on what the doc says tomorrow morning). Meanwhile, can any of you give advice on the points? 296 are at stake. I called MS and they told me they'd go into "holding," which I remembered. What I don't understand is this "60 day" thing. Why do they make me wait until 60 days before travel to make the relacement reservation? I am going back to Florida on May 31st. I would try and switch my reservations around so I could use up the "limbo" points. Will there likely be availablility ANYHWERE only 60 days out? With points in jeapoardy, I guess I would stay anywhere DVC... MS said I could even use the points for "non-DVC" like Poly, etc.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Did it work out?

Thanks!

Only being able to make reservations 60 days in advance is the definition of points being in the "holding account".

If you are truly open to booking at any resort it may work out. I would suggest you ask now how your dates look and then call as soon as the booking window opens. Take whatever you can and then go on a day-by-day waitlist for the balance. Chances are that it may all fall into place within a week or two.

The better news would be for you to feel better and be able to go ahead with the trip now. :) Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

What a drag! I hope you're feeling better soon and the doc says you can go. :goodvibes

Hi Colleen.

Hope you get to feeling better. Our youngest daughter just had to have a stone surgically removed last January - luckily there was no damage to the tube it was stuck in. Hopefully yours will pass or they can zap it without any surgery.

Good luck. Kidney stones are so awful.::yes::

You think 60 days is bad, it used to be 30 days!

It is DVC's way of discouraging cancellations within the last 30 days. Otherwise people would hold reservations until the last minute, then cancel, leaving the room empty.

Get Well Soon! :D

on the rent trade board...

Then, use the cash to make new reservations when it fits your schedule.

Just an idea,
Goldi

Sorry about your kidney stone. My daughter was 3 when she had hers removed... It was very large, about the size of a quarter. But the good new is she felt better within a week.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
and pixie dust, of course...

Colleen, I just went through this very thing. We had to cancel our trip last August, and had to use up all of our points by this past February or lose them. So I booked a trip in January, tried to book 60 days out and could not get BCV's. OKW was readily available, so I don't think you will have any trouble. The good news is, is that we went on a waitlist for BCV's and had great success. I would not worry. You will get room somewhere, just try to stay flexible and also try the waitlist. Good luck and hope you feel better!!

Gee, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope that tomorrow you'll feel better and the doctor will give you the ok to go.

If not, I just wanted to let you know that I had some points go into a holding account last July. I already had another trip booked for October. When I was 60 days out from my October reservation, I was able to use the points that were in the holding account and the others went back into my regular use year. So, if I understand correctly, that you have a trip already scheduled in May, perhaps you can use your points in holding for that reservation.

Hope that helps!

Donna

I know just how you feel. We had to postpone our February trip because my wife had to go into the hospital for two weeks. We had AKL concierge and OKW combination for 11 days.

We rescheduled and extended AKL for August and have the OKW portion of the trip in holding account (at least we have until 1/31/05 to use the points). Luckily we avoided any penalties on the FF airline tickets by rebooking them for the August trip.

Good luck and hope you are on the mend medically :)

I hope you don't reschedule. I'm sure you will get a room somewhere within 60 days. I wouldn't be surprised if you got your first choice. A lot of people have to make last minute changes.

Colleen,

I got your email. I'm so sorry!!!! I hope you feel better & that you can go. I'll email soon!!

Allison an associate

please let us know what happens with your doc appt. i hope all goes well, sending pixie dust your way
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

hi tinkgrl :sunny:

Originally posted by colleen costello
I have been diagnosed with a kidney stone and may have to cancel my much-awaited Spring Break trip to OKW.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Did it work out?

Thanks!

I have had kidney stones on two occasions. I passed both of them within 48 hours of the first onset of pain. Hopefully you will do the same and this whole conversation will be moot.

Best of Luck.

Ouch! I hope you are better soon, and get to go on your trip.

Hope the stone is small and can be passed quickly. I know how painful those suckers can be, I had to cancel a trip to the Indy 500 one year because of a kidney stone. Wishing you recover quickly and get that trip in.

Thank you for all your support. I saw a wonderful physician's assistant this morning, and when I spoke of my WDW trip with my kids and parents, I started bawling. She was great, and they have worked me in early tomorrow so I can travel. I am having lithotripsy, a curious non-surgical procedure that involves blasting the darn thing with shock waves. As long as it goes well and the stone is agreeable enough to disintegrate, the docs see no reason I can't travel. I am optimistic. I told them it would take a LOT to keep me from Mickey. They have stocked me with codeine, as since I am not the driver, it should be a good trip! :)

If I have to, I will use the points for our June trip, "anywhere." Surely there will be a room somewhere at 60 days out, probably at OKW, which would be just fine.

I'll report back when I am no longer STONED. :p

Well, it sounds like you're going to give it your best shot to get this trip on the road! I wish the best of luck. What better place to recuperate, right? ;)

and was feeling great in 2 days...

okay, kids bounce back sooner, but I think you'll fly thru this, especially with those lovely painkillers ;)

Oh, we're here already ? LOL :)

Best wishes, Goldi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter