Trip Number Ten ~ We're Going Again! Plus a side trip!

9 DAYS ~ we leave in 9 DAYS!!!! :cool1::yay::woohoo:

So, what will be closed when we are there???

Rehabs and Closures from the TA site:

Magic Kingdom:
Enchanted Tiki Room 07/31/13 - 08/28/13
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel 08/01/13 - 08/21/13
Liberty Belle Riverboat 08/05/13 - 08/09/13
Jungle Cruise 08/19/13 - 09/30/13
Walt Disney World Railroad 09/30/13 - 10/20/13
Peter Pan 09/30/13 - 11/13/13

Epcot:
Fountainview Ice Cream Shop 04/08/13 - Fall
Spaceship Earth 08/21/13 - 08/28/13

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Muppet Vision 3D 08/06/13 - 09/02/13
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground 09/03/13 - 11/19/13

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
None

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
None

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
None

Looks like only a few will affect my trip:

Enchanted Tiki Room – no big deal, we just did it in December
Jungle Cruise – bummer :(
Spaceship Earth – set to close on the 21st. We have one Epcot day before that, so we have to remember to do SE then!!
Muppet Vision 3D – bummer :( We haven't done this the last few times and I wanted to do it this time.

I think that's it. So all in all, not bad! :)

Up Next: Disney Dining!

9 DAYS ~ we leave in 9 DAYS!!!! :cool1::yay::woohoo:

So, what will be closed when we are there???

Rehabs and Closures from the TA site:

Magic Kingdom:
Pirates of the Caribbean 07/27/13 - 07/30/13
Enchanted Tiki Room 07/31/13 - 08/28/13
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel 08/01/13 - 08/21/13
Liberty Belle Riverboat 08/05/13 - 08/09/13
Jungle Cruise 08/19/13 - 09/30/13
Walt Disney World Railroad 09/30/13 - 10/20/13
Peter Pan 09/30/13 - 11/13/13

Epcot:
Fountainview Ice Cream Shop 04/08/13 - Fall
Spaceship Earth 08/21/13 - 08/28/13

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Muppet Vision 3D 08/06/13 - 09/02/13
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground 09/03/13 - 11/19/13

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
None

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
None

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
None

Looks like only a few will affect my trip:

Enchanted Tiki Room – no big deal, we just did it in December
Jungle Cruise – bummer :(
Spaceship Earth – set to close on the 21st. We have one Epcot day before that, so we have to remember to do SE then!!
Muppet Vision 3D – bummer :( We haven't done this the last few times and I wanted to do it this time.

I think that's it. So all in all, not bad! :)

Up Next: Disney Dining!

Wow 9 days where has the time gone??
Summer is almost over. :(
I'm upset about PP flight. It will be closed when we are there in Oct. :( It is one "kiddie" ride that DS16 still goes on.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Not bad on the closures!

Let's talk FOOD!!!!

Wait, if you leave in 9 days, I leave in 8!!! HOLY CATS! I better get organized. This is going to be my packing ahead weekend. All the "wintery" stuff is getting packed.

Wow 9 days where has the time gone??
Summer is almost over. :(
I'm upset about PP flight. It will be closed when we are there in Oct. :( It is one "kiddie" ride that DS16 still goes on.

I know!! :faint: I'm excited that it's almost here, but sad that summer is almost over. When we get back we will have one week until school starts.

That's funny - my DS14 loves PP too! :) Sorry it will be closed for you. :(

Not bad on the closures!

Let's talk FOOD!!!!

Wait, if you leave in 9 days, I leave in 8!!! HOLY CATS! I better get organized. This is going to be my packing ahead weekend. All the "wintery" stuff is getting packed.

Yeah, not too bad!

Oh we have lots of food to talk about!! :cool1:

You better get packing!! :yay:

Yay! Single digit dance!! :cool1: :dance3: :yay:

That is a real bummer about Jungle Cruise. But at least you have one day to do SE. I love that ride! Overall, you're coming out pretty good though!

As for my big booking, I don't expect to get all 12 families. Some have already said they have no interest in going to Disney while they are there. :sad2: :eek: I know! What do you say to that! :upsidedow Others have already said they are renting a condo with another family or staying with friends while they are there. One family only wants to do US... :snooty:. So if I get a couple of bookings off of it, I'll be happy. We'll see!

Yay! Single digit dance!! :cool1: :dance3: :yay:

That is a real bummer about Jungle Cruise. But at least you have one day to do SE. I love that ride! Overall, you're coming out pretty good though!

As for my big booking, I don't expect to get all 12 families. Some have already said they have no interest in going to Disney while they are there. :sad2: :eek: I know! What do you say to that! :upsidedow Others have already said they are renting a condo with another family or staying with friends while they are there. One family only wants to do US... :snooty:. So if I get a couple of bookings off of it, I'll be happy. We'll see!

Yeah I'm bummed about Jungle Cruise, but it could be worse! Especially considering it is a slow time of year and value season. I expected much worse!

Well, hopefully you will get 3-4 booking out of it!! :wizard:

And I lied... i was one day off..TODAY is my 100 days:rolleyes: I thought we were so cool:cool1: oh well...you are at least at 9 days!!!!!!

Okay so I've been out alllllll day.

First of all---

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE BAYBAY!!!!
9 DAYS TO GO!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

As far as closures, not too bad for you! SE is a bummer but at least you get to ride it. JC, however, is sad. We only ride it every few trips and I was hoping to do it this time since we skipped December. :( Oh well.

Oh you southerners and your draws!! :rotfl2:

And as far as us Southerner's and our dialect.... holy cow have y'all
seen those videos on youtube called "S___ Southern Women Say"??

I have just about laughed my fool head off! MC said Mama, you have said most all of those things!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: It's hysterical.

That's a bummer about the Jungle Cruise. We love that ride. Oh well, it will give you something to look forward to on an upcoming trip. I'm glad you'll get to squeeze in a ride on SE before it's down for refurb.

I read the article about FP+ that a PP posted. Disney better get their act together. Hopefully you won't have any troubles.

Wow, 9 days!! :yay: Has that weather forecast changed any? ;) In about 4 days, you can maybe trust what they are predicting! The best news is there are no hurricanes brewing!

The closure list is pretty good. The only real bummer is JC, so I guess that's not too bad.

Congrats on the big trip booking! :woohoo:

Geesh, I can't believe all the rehabs going on during your trip. I am glad they won't really impact your plans.:thumbsup2

And I lied... i was one day off..TODAY is my 100 days:rolleyes: I thought we were so cool:cool1: oh well...you are at least at 9 days!!!!!!

Well, we are still pretty cool. ;) :cool2:

Okay so I've been out alllllll day.

First of all---

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE BAYBAY!!!!
9 DAYS TO GO!!!!

As far as closures, not too bad for you! SE is a bummer but at least you get to ride it. JC, however, is sad. We only ride it every few trips and I was hoping to do it this time since we skipped December. :( Oh well.

Yeah, I'm not too sad about the closures. Could definitely be worse.

I don't remember if we did JC in December or not...

And as far as us Southerner's and our dialect.... holy cow have y'all
seen those videos on youtube called "S___ Southern Women Say"??

I have just about laughed my fool head off! MC said Mama, you have said most all of those things!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: It's hysterical.

Oh my!! Some of the things you say! :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'll have to look that up!

That's a bummer about the Jungle Cruise. We love that ride. Oh well, it will give you something to look forward to on an upcoming trip. I'm glad you'll get to squeeze in a ride on SE before it's down for refurb.

I read the article about FP+ that a PP posted. Disney better get their act together. Hopefully you won't have any troubles.

Yeah, we'll live without JC this time. I'm so glad we will be able to ride SE once! Once is enough for me per trip anyway. I like it, but I don't LOVE it! :rotfl:

Yes Disney better get it together and very soon!!! :eek: I am starting to get a bit nervous about the Magicbands and FP+.

Wow, 9 days!! :yay: Has that weather forecast changed any? ;) In about 4 days, you can maybe trust what they are predicting! The best news is there are no hurricanes brewing!

The closure list is pretty good. The only real bummer is JC, so I guess that's not too bad.

Congrats on the big trip booking!

:laughing: Still looks the same -- highs in the 90's and thunderstorms everyday. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

But yes, at least there are no signs of any hurricanes. Hopefully it will remain that way. :wizard:

Yeah, the closures aren't too bad this time!

Geesh, I can't believe all the rehabs going on during your trip. I am glad they won't really impact your plans.:thumbsup2

I'm actually surprised the list isn't way longer and that there isn't anything major closed!! :)

8 DAYS!!!!

:cheer2:

pixiedust:

pixiedust:

pixiedust:

pixiedust:

8 DAYS! That's crazy - where has summer gone??? :faint:

Well next Friday at this time I will be printing my boarding passes and probably doing a little thing we like to call Freak Out Friday!!!! ;):cool1::crazy2::faint::cheer2:

:laughing:

AND..... The crazy Disney Dreams have begun. You all know them!! Mine usually start months in advance. Thought I wasn't going to have any this time, but then there it was 2 nights ago....

So we are flying into Tampa this time because of going to Clearwater Beach for the first 2 days of the trip. Well, in my dream we were on a flight that stopped at Tampa and then went to Orlando. And we forgot to get off at Tampa and went straight to Orlando, got off the plane, caught the ME bus to the resort, and were at WDW for like 3-4 days before we remembered that we were supposed to go to the beach first. And then we wondered if we should go now or forget it. :confused3 And that's all I remember.... :rotfl:

Who wants to talk about Disney Dining today! :mickeybar I know Sheree & Jodi do!! Anybody else??? :yay:

We have dined at MANY Disney restaurants over the years.

Table Service~

Rainforest Cafe
Crystal Palace breakfast (2X)
Crystal Palace dinner
Planet Hollywood
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine
Donald's Restaurantosauras breakfast (no longer available)
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Chef Mickey's dinner (4X)
Mama Melrose (2X)
LeCellier (4X)
Ohana breakfast
Ohana dinner (2X)
Cape May breakfast
Cape May dinner
Sci-Fi Dine-In (4X)
1900 Park Fare dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Plaza Restaurant
Big River Grille (4X)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Kona Cafe breakfast (4X)
Olivia's
San Angel Inn
Kouzzina's
T-Rex (3X)
Beaches & Cream
Shutter's
Via Napoli
Garden Grove
Tony's Town Square
Yachtsman Steakhouse
ESPN Club

Counter Service~

CBR Food Court (8X)
Pecos Bill (4X)
Boulangerie Patisserie (3X)
Toy Story Pizza Planet (2X)
POFQ Food Court (3X)
Casey's Corner (7X)
McDonald's DTD (no longer available)
Wolfgang Puck Express (4X)
Electric Umbrella (2X)
CSR Food Court (3X)
Sunshine Seasons
Restaurantosauras
Earl of Sandwich (2X)
Cooke's of Dublin
POR Food Court (2X)
Pizzafari
Cosmic Ray's (2X)
ABC Commissary
Good's-To-Go at OKW
Mara at AKL
BWI Bakery
BWI Pizza Window (2X)
Pollo Campero
Captain Cook's (5X)
Contempo Cafe
La Cantina de San Angel
Starring Rolls
Beach Club Marketplace (2X)
Sleepy Hollow

Wow that HUGE list really makes me feel like a hog!! :rotfl:

And with that, where are we eating this time?! :laughing:

Our ADR's are looking like this:
Chef's de France
Il Mulino
Be Our Guest
Cape May
Kona Cafe
ESPN (no ADR's needed)
Big River Grill (no ADR's needed)

Last trip we didn't try any new TS place, so this time we are trying three!!

Chef's de France, Il Mulino, and Be Our Guest are all new to us! I'm still not sure about Chef's, but it's booked as of now... I'm excited to try BOG! And Il Mulino will be a date night for DH and I.

We also had an ADR at the Garden Grove. It is a buffet at the Swan. Or, it was. They offered a seafood buffet on certain nights, a Mediterranean buffet on other nights, and a southern barbecue on other nights. We ate there once on a southern BBQ night and it was very good. Hardly anyone there, good service, and good food. DS14 especially loved it there, so I made an ADR there and at Cape May, and had planned on only keeping one of them. Well, around the middle of July I got an email from the Swan telling me that they had done away with the buffet at Garden Grove and they attached the new menu. So that made my decision for me and I canceled Garden Grove. :(

01c73b2f.jpg

We've had dinner at Cape May once before and had a very good experience, so we are going to do it again! The kids and I don't like seafood, but there are (or at least there were before) lots of non-seafood items as well. I didn't initially make this ADR, at 180 days out with the others. So when I made it the only time available was much later than we would normally eat. But I kept checking back and around my 45 day mark there must have been some cancellations and I got an earlier time!

cfece66b.jpg

We've been to Kona Cafe for breakfast several times. Tonga Toast ~ what else is there to say?!! :lovestruc

DisneyDecember2012479_zps56ac9197.jpg

ESPN and BRG are both on the BW. Neither take ADR's. We been to both and both are great! We will likely end up at one or both of these!

64082299.jpg

010cc2ef.jpg

For CS this is what we have in mind:
BW Pizza
Casey's Corner (kids)
Leaning Palms (Typhoon Lagoon)
Wolfgang Puck Express
Pizza Planet
LaCantina de San Angel
The Fountain (Dolphin)

Of course these are never set in stone and could change at any time!

Up Next: Shopping

We LOVE Chefs!!! We have been there at least 4x. The kids love it too!

DH and I went to Il Mulino in Feb. it was ok. I guess I was expecting more.
We both love Italian and went to an Il Mulino in New Jersey and it was one of the best restaurants we've been to.
I hope it's good for you.

Cape May is our favorite breakfast!:goodvibes Haven't been for the clam buffet :crazy2: I don't eat that stuff! LOL!!
We are scheduled for BOG also,...so I need pics and lots of deets!! I had seriously considered canceling it~but figured I could wait for your report...only because I have heard that the time it takes to get in and out is around 2 hours...Haven't heard anything good or bad in the last little while, so hopefully that is all ironed out and it won't take longer than a regular TS place... And I think ours is lunchtime...I forget...I am excited to just go in there though...we got a sneak peek last Nov and it was sooo amazing. Enchanting. I loved the foyer and the little Knights Hallway...
I cannot believe you are at 8 days!!!! And I am not sure if you are looking at Accuweather...but for Tampa they are showing around 85 the first two days of your trip...and yes...thunderstorms, but no 90s...small consolation I know! Do you check the Orlando local news station? I do sometimes and have found that Accuweather is pretty much right on with them~ I think it's channel 13 Orlando or something like that. Well...I am so excited for you! I know for me at 8 days, I am making about 1000 lists so I don't forget anything and i have piles all over my bedroom floor of who is taking what... It's so much easier now that they are older and we don't have to pack a backpack full of airplane toys for each kid! Happy packing girlie!!!

Your ADR's look good. There are several there that I've never tried so I'm interested to hear about them.

I loved the buffet at CMC!! But I love crab legs. DH wasn't crazy about it, but he doesn't really like buffets. He prefers to be served and not have to serve himself. :snooty: :upsidedow

We liked Chef's, but didn't love it. DH still talks about the Lobster Bisque soup, but that won't help you land lovers. To me, Remy was the best part. Is he still there?

We are trying BoG on this trip too! I really want to hear what you think about it. You might have to go ahead and spill the beans for me early so I'll know if it's worth keeping.

We also might try BRG this time too because you always give it such good reviews. Isn't it the loaded nachos that you like so good there? I think I'll try those. We had an ADR for 50's PTC that night, but we might cancel and take the boat over to the Boardwalk.

And Kona for breakfast... YUM! Can't go wrong there. We went there last year because of your suggestion and loved it. I'd like to try it for dinner also. I heard it's good then too. Gosh, I'm hungry... I'm going to see what I can scrape up for lunch! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter