• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

You can always just add the extra day while you are already in the parks, if you need it.

Sounds like a great plan!! I know it's so tempting to just get park tix for every day. But your plan of going to the resorts to see all the decorations is a good one you may not have time to see them all if you're in the parks.
You might want to go back to see the Osborne lights a couple of times too. I swear I could have watched them every night!! Lol
That is main reason I can't wait for the boys to go to Disney for Christmas. DS15 saw the orchestra in concert- the one that supplies most of the music for it. I can't think of the stupid name right now. He would love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can always just add the extra day while you are already in the parks, if you need it.

I think that is what I will do. Wait until we are there to decide. Something tells me though that we will be adding that 6th day! ;)

Sounds like a great plan!! I know it's so tempting to just get park tix for every day. But your plan of going to the resorts to see all the decorations is a good one you may not have time to see them all if you're in the parks.
You might want to go back to see the Osborne lights a couple of times too. I swear I could have watched them every night!! Lol
That is main reason I can't wait for the boys to go to Disney for Christmas. DS15 saw the orchestra in concert- the one that supplies most of the music for it. I can't think of the stupid name right now. He would love it!!!

I know, it is tempting! :upsidedow But with us it's not like we stay at the parks all day. It's more like a half day tops! So I guess that's why we need more days tix. :faint: IDK. We'll figure it out when we get there I guess!

You are right -- the OL's are so awesome!! :santa: My fav part of WDW at Christmastime. Is it Trans Siberian Orchestra your DS saw?!

Maybe this time AK will become your favorite park........or not. ;) But I'm glad y'all are going back this trip! At least it won't be hot, which is a big complaint I always hear about AK. And thinking back to our last trip, that was the park where I remember being miserably hot.

I love the pic of DS11 on Soarin'. So cute! That's a Disney commercial-worthy picture! Do you think DS11 will ever like the thrill rides? With some kids, as they get older they like them. But with some, it's more a stomach thing than a fear thing so they just can't ride them. It's definitely a stomach thing with my DH.

When I first read that you got 4 day base tix, I was very concerned. :laughing: I was thinking that wasn't enough park days!! So I am glad you upped it to 5 and can still add when you get there if you decide to. But then I know how much y'all do away from the parks, so your first instincts were most probably right. ::yes::

For some strange reason, I must have food on my brain. Can't imagine why. :rolleyes: But at the end of your update, where you had

Up Next: Park Hours and Crowd Calendar

I thought at first it said Clam Chowder :rotfl2:

Ha!!:rotfl2::lmao: Teri that's hilarious!!!!! I will tell y'all a secret...:listen: we don't jive with the AK either....I know, I know,...and we have tried, believe me we have tried!! This trip DD is the ONLY one even asking if we can 'just go over there'... I told her for this trip it all hinges on what night we do MVMCP, if we decide to do it,...Right now, it's on the schedule to go over the morning after a party that we are really leaning toward. I may just go and do the safari just to get it over with...the rest of us REAAAAAALLY don't like it over there..and then you add in all the travel time and bus stops and yikes! It just adds to the dread of going...Those of you who love AK please don't hate us!!! It's just a vibe/feel I can't get into...

You hungry, T??? :rotfl2: Clam Chowder??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Shelly---- you need to do Epcot 2 days. You know that one day will not be enough at all.:scratchin Esp if TT is open!!:thumbsup2

Ya know I usually don't enjoy AK at all. But this last time with the kids we took our time and just really enjoyed it a lot! It was raining and sort of miserable in that sense but it actually added to the atmosphere if that makes any sense.

I think you will enjoy it-- esp if it isn't crowded. That park always seems crowded. Must be all the small pathways.

I heard that the FOTLK is going away- so if you like that show you'd better see it again. It's on our list of to do's b/c we've only done it once.

Great update--- oh and I love that Soarin Pic too.:wizard:

Maybe this time AK will become your favorite park........or not. ;) But I'm glad y'all are going back this trip! At least it won't be hot, which is a big complaint I always hear about AK. And thinking back to our last trip, that was the park where I remember being miserably hot.

I love the pic of DS11 on Soarin'. So cute! That's a Disney commercial-worthy picture! Do you think DS11 will ever like the thrill rides? With some kids, as they get older they like them. But with some, it's more a stomach thing than a fear thing so they just can't ride them. It's definitely a stomach thing with my DH.

When I first read that you got 4 day base tix, I was very concerned. :laughing: I was thinking that wasn't enough park days!! So I am glad you upped it to 5 and can still add when you get there if you decide to. But then I know how much y'all do away from the parks, so your first instincts were most probably right. ::yes::

For some strange reason, I must have food on my brain. Can't imagine why. :rolleyes: But at the end of your update, where you had

Up Next: Park Hours and Crowd Calendar

I thought at first it said Clam Chowder :rotfl2:

Clam Chowder!!! :rotfl2::lmao: Nope, can't imagine why you have food on your mind.....:rotfl:

Last time just DS13 and I went to AK we really did have a nice time. We even stayed longer than expected. I just don't love the place like I do the rest of the parks. It just feels like something is missing.:confused3

I really don't think DS11 will ever love thrill rides. He says he doesn't like the way they make him feel. We'll see I guess. I just encourage him to try something new from time to time to make sure he isn't missing out on something that he might love. Like Maelstrom!

I have a feeling we will end up upgrading to 6 day tix when we get there. We are going to want to make a second trip to Epcot and MK I think!

Ha!!:rotfl2::lmao: Teri that's hilarious!!!!! I will tell y'all a secret...:listen: we don't jive with the AK either....I know, I know,...and we have tried, believe me we have tried!! This trip DD is the ONLY one even asking if we can 'just go over there'... I told her for this trip it all hinges on what night we do MVMCP, if we decide to do it,...Right now, it's on the schedule to go over the morning after a party that we are really leaning toward. I may just go and do the safari just to get it over with...the rest of us REAAAAAALLY don't like it over there..and then you add in all the travel time and bus stops and yikes! It just adds to the dread of going...Those of you who love AK please don't hate us!!! It's just a vibe/feel I can't get into...

I know -- I hope we are not offending any AK lovers out there!! :flower3: That's right, we just don't 'jive' with the place for some reason.

Well I hope you get over there for a little bit for your DD. It is a long ride from most resorts though. :faint:

You hungry, T??? :rotfl2: Clam Chowder??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Shelly---- you need to do Epcot 2 days. You know that one day will not be enough at all.:scratchin Esp if TT is open!!:thumbsup2

Ya know I usually don't enjoy AK at all. But this last time with the kids we took our time and just really enjoyed it a lot! It was raining and sort of miserable in that sense but it actually added to the atmosphere if that makes any sense.

I think you will enjoy it-- esp if it isn't crowded. That park always seems crowded. Must be all the small pathways.

I heard that the FOTLK is going away- so if you like that show you'd better see it again. It's on our list of to do's b/c we've only done it once.

Great update--- oh and I love that Soarin Pic too.:wizard:

I know!! You are right -- if TT is open (and again, it better be!!) we definitely need to go to Epcot twice! ::yes::

Hopefully AK won't be too crowded when we go. I've never really encountered too much in way of crowds there. Of course we usually only go for a few hours in the morning. This time we are going in the afternoon so we can see the Jingle Jungle Christmas parade.

I did hear that about FOTLK. Kind of forgot though. We've only seen it once too. I'll have to ask the fam if they want to see it again. They probably won't! :upsidedow

Glad you enjoyed the update! :goodvibes

Momof2Disneyboys said:
I think that is what I will do. Wait until we are there to decide. Something tells me though that we will be adding that 6th day! ;)

I know, it is tempting! :upsidedow But with us it's not like we stay at the parks all day. It's more like a half day tops! So I guess that's why we need more days tix. :faint: IDK. We'll figure it out when we get there I guess!

You are right -- the OL's are so awesome!! :santa: My fav part of WDW at Christmastime. Is it Trans Siberian Orchestra your DS saw?!

Yes!! Trams Siberian Orchestra. DH took the boys a couple years ago and DS15 LOVED it!!

Awww, thanks so much!! :hug:

It's so close.

I feel like I *should* be working on plans.

Or something -ish.

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Happy 6 Weeks Jodi!!!:cool1::cool1:

Shelly and Jodi- Your trips will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

I can't believe we leave two weeks from Tuesday!

By the way, Shelly, are you guys anticipating much from Hurricane Sandy? I know you're in PA...stay safe! We are directly on the coast here in MA, and we are going to be getting some major rain and wind! Hopefully we will miss the worst of it.

:santa: Happy 6 Weeks Shelly!! :santa:

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Lauren------ Thanks! Happy almost 2 weeks to you!!:goodvibes Stay safe in the storm. It's looking really bad.

Awww, thanks so much!! :hug:

It's so close.

I feel like I *should* be working on plans.

Or something -ish.

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Hmm..............I feel the same way -- like YOU should be working on plans or something.......:rolleyes1

:laughing:

By the way, Shelly, are you guys anticipating much from Hurricane Sandy? I know you're in PA...stay safe! We are directly on the coast here in MA, and we are going to be getting some major rain and wind! Hopefully we will miss the worst of it.

Wow, just over two weeks?!!! :cool1: That's awesome!!

We are pretty far inland, so we aren't expecting too much. At least that's what they said on the news last night. Maybe some wind, rain, and even snow. But that's nothing out of the ordinary around here really. :rotfl: Hopefully it won't get too windy. I hate losing power, especially when it's cold out!!

Hard to believe it was 80 on Thursday and today it is 43 and raining like crazy. :sad2: Not going to make for a good day for soccer.

I hope you guys stay safe from the storm and don't have any damage or lose your power!!

:santa: Happy 6 Weeks Shelly!! :santa:

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Lauren------ Thanks! Happy almost 2 weeks to you!!:goodvibes Stay safe in the storm. It's looking really bad.

Woohoo!! Thanks! :cool1::banana:

Well I know it's not Halloween yet, but our town's Trick-or-Treating was last night. So here's some pics!!

Sorry, not sure whatever happened to cute little costumes....:confused3:sad1::scared:
Summer-Fall2012002-1.jpg

Summer-Fall2012003-1.jpg

Summer-Fall2012005-2.jpg

Summer-Fall2012007-1.jpg

Summer-Fall2012010-3.jpg

Oh wait, here's a cute little costume! :goodvibes
Summer-Fall2012009-1.jpg

Summer-Fall2012003-2.jpg

Summer-Fall2012004-1.jpg

Summer-Fall2012009-2.jpg

Summer-Fall2012006-2.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :maleficen

AWWWWWWW!!!

I was just coming to ask how the Terrifying trick or treaters were!!

They looked awesome! Did it rain buckets??
Did they get lots of candy??
Jack Jack looks adorable. He is so precious!!

I wish our town did the ToT'ing early on the weekend. We do it on Wednesday.

And did I tell you what the kids are going to be?

Drew is an 80's Rock Star, and Belle is an 80s rocker fan chick!

Don't say a word about where I got the idea.:rotfl2:

Who knew I could dress both kids in 80's pseudo- fashion from mine and MC's closets--- pants and everything???

M wanted to know if D is wearing eyeliner. I said well duh...... he's impersonating Steven Tyler. And it's not EYEliner. It's GUYliner. D has, however, said no to the purple nail polish.

;)

Happy 6 Weeks Shelly!:cool1::cool1:

I love the pictures of your boys all dressed up...including Jack! So cute! We are supposed to be having our trick-or-treating on Halloween Day, but we are not sure what's going to happen with the storm. My girls in college just got school called off for tomorrow. Their college is only 5 minutes from our house, but it's right on the ocean. There is supposed to be some major coastal flooding here. We are expecting our public schools to be called off too- most towns in our area are already called off. Hopefully you guys in PA won't get much from the storm.:goodvibes I'm with you- I hate losing power when it's cold too. It is really cold here today, especially compared to yesterday.

Have a great Sunday otherwise!:cool1:

lala3291 said:

Where in MA are you from? The next town over from us has already cancelled school for tomorrow so I know it's going to be cancelled here too.
We're just worried about losing power. DH just got a generator for tailgating at Patriots games. Perfect timing!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter