• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip insurance

disneygirlkar

Earning My Ears
I have a question about insurance. I have already put a deposit down for a 4 day cruise in Dec with some friends and did not really think about insurance but now that there is flight deals I am looking at booking my flight so thinking insurance is a good idea. Does anyone know if I can get cancellation insurance still for the trip even though the deposit was made for the cruise, or would i miss out on the cancellation insurance for the cruise but still be ok for the fights and hotel.

I was wondering where to start looking at insurance. Any hints?

Thanks

Did you book with a travel agent? they will have access to outside companies that will cover both the cruise and airfare if you did it separately.

Thanks for the fast reply. I booked the cruise though a Us travel agent as I am meeting friends and they are the ones who started the booking. I am booking flights and hotel before the cruise on my own. But I will give the agent a call in the morning and see what he says.

Did you book with a gold or platinum credit card?? Our Visa provides travel insurance for trips booked with the card.

Many travel agencies sell travel insurance from RBC. You could check with them?

But the credit card wouldn't provide health insurance coverage. We have an annual travellers insurance, covering medical and trip cancellation. We pay about $15 a month and it covers us for all trips throughout the year, up to being gone for 30, I believe, consecutive days. Ours is through Meloche Monnex (TD bank) but there are many others that do the same. If you travel often, that may be the way to go.

My last cruise that I booked with a Us agent. They offered to get my insurance including the stuff I booked, but I ended up using RBC, as I have used them before, and I knew that if I needed to make a claim (which I did) they would be easy to deal with.

Our credit card has trip insurance, but i get a yearly policy for medical. Usually have gone with BCAA, but this year went with Blue Cross.

Depending on the cost of your entire trip, you can get insurance from TD Canada Trust that includes trip and health. I believe it's also possible from the other banks already mentioned like RBC and BMO. TD Canada Trust does have a limit on the insurance ... ie, if your non-refundable cost is more than their maximum limit, you're out of luck.

When I had to insure our 2013 Med Cruise, I had a hard time finding cancellation insurance (health insurance is never a problem, we get the annual coverage from CAA). I ended up insuring the cruise and potential airfare with Travelguard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter