Trip Insurance

basketrn

Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor manten
I am looking at insuremytrip.com to insure my cruise in May. Does anyone have suggestions on what type of coverage I need. All the policies are sooooo overwhelming. I start to look at them, get frustrated and have to walk away for a bit :)

TIA!

It depends on what you are looking for. My TA recommends one of the Travel Guard policies...I'd have to look up which one. It isn't the basic, but it is still quite cheap.

We are looking for serious coverage in the event of medical evacuation--I think the policy gives us $50,000 in medical coverage/evacuation. My issue is that my medical insurance doesn't cover out of the US. IMHO, $25K isn't enough as the evacuation alone can cost more than this depending on location, etc.

We can get this with a fairly low dollar amount of coverage--I can buy a $1000 per person policy. This will NOT cover the entire cost of my cruise if something would happen, but will give me that much...and will give me the medical protection I want. In addition, it will give me some coverage for lost luggage, etc.

What you really need to do is decide why you are buying the coverage--what do you want? Are you doing it to get your cruise money back if the weather gets bad and you can't get to the port? (I cover this by traveling the day before whenever possible). Or are you mainly concerned about medical? Lost luggage? travel assistance in an emergency? Then look at the policies that meet the need that is causing you to purchase the insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter