Trip Insurance- is it worth it??

If you dont buy the disney plan, which we didnt. We booked our own airfare, who do you use to insure you?
We havent previously used insurance b/c of disneys liberal cancellation policy. But we are flying outa MI and my grandma is 90, her health isnt stellar I would rather have a policy in case we need to delay a couple of days or fly home early. Thanks!

Trip insurance covers things during the trip as well as cancellation. Once you're in the middle of a vacation, as various posters have mentioned, if there's a needed emergency Dr. visit, a trip to the ER via ambulance, a loss of time in the parks, an emergency trip extension due to inclement weather ( which would mean OOP expenses otherwise for meals, etc), or an emergency flight back home then all those things are covered. Well worth the peace of mind for the small cost of trip insurance, IMO. I've always gotten it and so far never needed to use it but I've heard too many other people's nightmares to not wish to have one of my own. ---Kathy

I read somewhere that their insurance policy doesn't cover pre-existing medical conditions..
My DH is a T1 diabetic- as unlikely as it is, if something happens during the trip, they won't cover a Dr. visit or hospital trip? I'm also pregnant and the CM told me they would cover any sort of complication, so this was added peace of mind for me..
Just curious about their specific policies.

I read somewhere that their insurance policy doesn't cover pre-existing medical conditions..
My DH is a T1 diabetic- as unlikely as it is, if something happens during the trip, they won't cover a Dr. visit or hospital trip? I'm also pregnant and the CM told me they would cover any sort of complication, so this was added peace of mind for me..
Just curious about their specific policies.

Different trip insurance plans cover different things. I can't speak to the Disney specific one, I got mine through USAA's affiliate trip insurance program and their insurance, so long as it is purchased within 14 days of the initial trip, will cover preexisting medical conditions, so long as those conditions wouldn't prevent you from traveling as of the time of purchase. So, check with the insurance provider; you can almost always request a copy of their policy (or their template policy) so you can review what it says about preexisting conditions.

Enjoy the Magic, & congratulations on your pregnancy!

We ALWAYS buy trip insurance, and separately, when we cruise. Weather is just one factor and Feb of 05 we arrived back from cruise to find all flights cancelled on the east coast had to rent a car and drive to MA.
But that is not the main reason I take it on cruises. the main reason is that it can cost up to $250,000 to be medicvacd off the ship and out of other countries, and all medical treatment in other countries must be paid before you leave the country. then there is the cost of repatriation of a body.
Now this last Feb of 06 we were on a cruise, when we reached port and called home we found one of our son's had had a traffic accident and been pulled from the burning car seconds before the fire englufed the inside of the car. He broke his back in four places and of course they moved him, but I am incredibly glad they did. Burning is one of my very worst fears and if that had happened it would have Killed me too.
So buying insurance DOES have it's uses and IS with it. Also always try to get it to cover pre existing conditions, because you may be healthy as a horse but if you mom at home has a heart condition and has a massive coronary or dies from it, you are only covered to get home IF you have the pre existing condition waiver. it is not just about the people who are ON the insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter