trip insurance for cruise

aquafamily

Earning My Ears
looking for recommendations for purchasing cruise trip insurance. What company did you go through and if you had to make a claim did they pay without a hassle? thanks

we use travel guard gold on insure my trip. we had a claim last cruise and worked well.

There are comparison sites out there, and that's fabulous.

Just buy it quickly.

We have two back to back cruises (different lines and a drive from disembarkation to embarkation of the next one) coming up, my MIL just had another stroke, we're her POA, and I didn't buy insurance for either cruise. :headache::eek: Too late now for pre-existing conditions, and her health is the only reason we would cancel. And since her health involves diabetes, heart disease, and strokes, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be pre-existing (oh wait, I can think of one, dangit).

Don't be like me! Buy the insurance ASAP.

We always go through Travelex. They were very easy to work with when we had to make a claim.

We bought the DCL insurance (Aon Berkley) for this year's cruise. We had to cancel due to a medical condition. Claim was settled VERY quickly. There is verbage in the contract about pre-existing conditions (as PP stated) so make sure to purchase it with your cruise. If you wait until PIF date and the condition pops up before you purchase insurance, it will not be covered.

Just went to insuremytrip - that was so very helpful as you can read hundreds of reviews, including of people who had various claims - which is when the insurance really shows its colors I guess!

The most important thing: read the fine print!
I was surprised for example, that Allianz did not have "Hurricane Warning coverage" (I had called them directly initially).

We decided on TravelInsured-WorldwideTripProtector.
What was most important to me:
Insurance handles claims well. Hurricane coverage. Great Med Evac coverage, including to "hospital of choice".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter