Trip booked lots of ?s

mickeymouse1205

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
We will be driving in on Sat Dec 8th, staying at the Anaheim Plaza. We have 2 day PH's. We will do the parks Sunday and Monday. DD (5) is autistic, very high functioning. DH has severe neuropathy. Taking the advice here I will go to City hall and get them signed up for GAC. We are going to rent a scooter. ?s here

1. Sunday when we get into the park (ASAP) we will go to City hall. What do we need. I can bring DDs IEP, do I need a note for DH from his MD? I want as little paper as possible so I don't have to drag it around all day. Do we rent the scooter right there? Also how long should that take, I want to gather some FPs if possible. We are doing AG at DCA at 1pm, so I do not want to be tied up too long at City Hall. Maybe I can send DD and DH there and gather a FP?

2. Should we run over to DCA to get RSR FP or would I be less stressed getting FP for that on Monday am? We only want to do it once. Speaking of FP with th WOC, how do I get handicap viewing at the FP machine?

3. My mom bought our 2 day PH from Smiths today (Xmas present). We have the receipt. she paid $400 cash and $188 on cc. There are receipts in the bag with a "from and to" do we need to fill those out, do we need the receipts? Do we need her cc for the $188 she charged?

4. DD is into the princesses. With the castle closed, where are they doing meet and greets in DL?

5. With the GAC, what do we do with them. I am reading you get into a line at the exit??? I am very confused on these all together. I need a "for dummies short version of the GAC. Do I wait in a seperate line from DH and DD?

6. "I' want to meet Mickey!!!! What is the best way to go about going to his house, any special time, etc.

7. Does anyone know the expected crowds for The 9th and the 10th?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

1. Sunday when we get into the park (ASAP) we will go to City hall. What do we need. I can bring DDs IEP, do I need a note for DH from his MD? I want as little paper as possible so I don't have to drag it around all day. Do we rent the scooter right there? Also how long should that take, I want to gather some FPs if possible. We are doing AG at DCA at 1pm, so I do not want to be tied up too long at City Hall. Maybe I can send DD and DH there and gather a FP?

You will not need any paperwork for the folks at City Hall to get the Guest Assistance Card. Just show up and let them know what limitations you have.

2. Should we run over to DCA to get RSR FP or would I be less stressed getting FP for that on Monday am? We only want to do it once. Speaking of FP with th WOC, how do I get handicap viewing at the FP machine?

The RSR FP's go quickly. If you're not there relatively soon after DCA opens, you likely won't get one. Probably don't want to deal with getting a GAC and RSR FP's on the same day.

As for WOC FP's, you get a regular FP for any section from the WOC machine, then when you go to line up, that's when you let them know you need to be in the handicap section. There is not a separate FP for it.

3. My mom bought our 2 day PH from Smiths today (Xmas present). We have the receipt. she paid $400 cash and $188 on cc. There are receipts in the bag with a "from and to" do we need to fill those out, do we need the receipts? Do we need her cc for the $188 she charged?

I'm not familiar with Smiths. Did she buy you the actual tickets? Are they hard plastic? If you're not exchanging any vouchers or anything like that, you won't need anything.

4. DD is into the princesses. With the castle closed, where are they doing meet and greets in DL?
I'm not sure what you mean about the castle being closed? If it is, I apologize, I am not aware.

5. With the GAC, what do we do with them. I am reading you get into a line at the exit??? I am very confused on these all together. I need a "for dummies short version of the GAC. Do I wait in a seperate line from DH and DD?

The GAC can be used to do different things depending on your needs. Many people use it to have access to an alternate entrance or the exit as an entrance, as this is somewhat less crowded. You also mentioned you were renting a scooter? If so, yes, you use the ride exits in many cases in Disneyland with a scooter. DCA was built later and many of their rides are accessible with the regular line. When in doubt, simply ask the CM outside of the ride where you should go

6. "I' want to meet Mickey!!!! What is the best way to go about going to his house, any special time, etc.
I'm not familiar with his house and the wait times, but there is only one character meal that features him and that's Surf's Up and Paradise Pier. I have done it and everyone meets Mickey and gets a photo when they enter. He of course has random pop-ups throughout the parks. You can inquire at City Hall what the character schedule is for the day.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Answers in bold above!

It's not the castle that's closed. It's the Princess Fantasy Fair. The princesses have been moved temporarily to an area back near the It's A Small World ride. You should be able to meet them there. When we were at the parks this last week, we also noticed that a couple of princesses occasionally appeared in other parts of the park. I saw Snow White near the wishing well near the castle. Ariel was out doing meet and greets a couple of times near the floral arrangement just past the gates. You can ask at City Hall or Guest Relations or the Times Board when and where characters will be out during the day, so this may help you with the princesses and Mickey as well. If you're investing the time and money in AG in DCA already, you may get enough princess stuff in and not need to go through the whole line-up down near IASW.

As for Mickey, yes, you can meet him at his house in ToonTown. Depending on time of day, this can be a very reasonable line (early morning) or a very long line (middle of the afternoon). Mickey does regularly appear in other locations though. He can be found often in Town Square in Disneyland. He also appears frequently on Buena Vista Street in DCA.

The RSR fastpasses do go quickly. I am not very familiar with the GAC policies, but I thought I read that you can take your GAC to the CM at the RSR ride and be given a return time for the ride and don't actually need to get a fastpass. I could be totally wrong on this, so you may want to ask on a separate thread how GAC works with RSR, or maybe someone else will respond to that part of your post here.

LongTimeDisneyLurker is correct about using the GAC on RSR. When we were there two weeks ago they had a stand set up just to the left of the Stanley statue. I handed them my GAC and they gave me a return time fast pass with a return time of approx the time it would take to get to the ride using the general line.

Many of the GAC entrances are at the exits to the rides but when in doubt ask a CM, they can point you in the right direction. When you get your GAC they will ask you how many people are in your party so that you will be able to wait in the same line as your DH and DD.

THANK YOU!!! Planning is soooo overwhelming!
Yes my mom bought those actual plastic card things, they look like a gift card, but they are 2 day park hopper passes. She bought a 3-9 yr one for DD $188 and 2 10+ $200 each for DH and I. They are not paper vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter