Trip booked...but now we want to extend...how to figure DDP/tickets?

sharonlouisiana

Earning My Ears
OK!
I have looked around the boards, and found some answers---but I haven't found specifically the answer I am looking for.

Any advice is super appreciated!
OK: THE DETAILS:

We are booked for end of october for 23-29 staying at Fort Wilderness. 2 adults 4 children in the cabins.

I would like to extend the beginning (or end...doesn't really matter!) of the trip the kids and myself. We would like to extend about 4 nights. The kids and I will be driving, dh will be flying.

So....

How do I approach this?

Do I call and try to extend the reservation at Fort Wilderness for ALL of us? And still only keep a 7 day park ticket but Dining Plan for the full trip? The kids and myself are the ones extending by 4 nights, dh will not.

I would rather stay at fort wilderness for the entire time, but would ok with booking at a value resort instead in case that can't happen.

The online reservations system is NOT showing any availability *anywhere* for the dates prior to the trip...so I'm just hoping there is a "glitch" in the system this morning.....and i'll try again later.

But any advice on how to approach this?

I know the dining plan is linked to the nights of the trip, but this is a squirly trip....now that I want to change the details....

There is so much we WANT to do...I would rather add some days and get more fun in rather than rushing through.

THANK YOU!

Sharon

Ok, the OTHER option is to book and do universal/sea world, etc..... AFTER our original Disney trip.

I just don't want to go home when it's done!:rotfl:

You can call and add days (if available) to your existing reservation, keep the tix as they are, you will have to add DDP for the additional days for all the members of your party for the entire time. So you will have extra credits to use once your husband leaves. You can upgrade your tickets to add days excluding your husband's once you are there.

Or you can just book a separate reservation, either at Ft. W. or elsewhere, with or without the DDP (but you have to have tix in that reservation to get the DDP).

I would probably just book something separate for part 2 - room-only, then upgrade your 1st stay tickets for you & your kids once you are there for the additional days you need (part 2 of the trip).

Unless you split the reservation into segments where DH is there and when he is not you would have to pay for the dining plan for him even when he has left.

Can you help explain what you mean by "upgrade your1st stay tickets"? I'm not sure what that means?

We are definately going to be doing a split stay. The kids and I will be staying on LONGER than he will...but at least 4 nights/5 days. (and we moving the reservation to September....but that's another issue all together....) So do I book the whole thing and he just isn't there? And we have excess DDP food credits?And paying for his park ticket? Or do we book the family portion and then request to extend for just the remaining family members?

Other option would be to do a 2nd reservation at a value resort, right? Is the free DDP with that as well?

Just trying to figure this out!

THANKS!
Sharon

You can call and add days (if available) to your existing reservation, keep the tix as they are, you will have to add DDP for the additional days for all the members of your party for the entire time. So you will have extra credits to use once your husband leaves. You can upgrade your tickets to add days excluding your husband's once you are there.

Or you can just book a separate reservation, either at Ft. W. or elsewhere, with or without the DDP (but you have to have tix in that reservation to get the DDP).

I would probably just book something separate for part 2 - room-only, then upgrade your 1st stay tickets for you & your kids once you are there for the additional days you need (part 2 of the trip).

Are you on Free Dining? If you are then I would just see if you can extend your stay at FW. Purchase the tickets for the length you need for your entire party (DH included) then you can upgrade yours and your children's tickets for the extra days you need when your DH leaves.

You will have your DH's extra dining credits to use. You could possibly do a couple signature dining experiences with these and just pay OOP for the children.

If you do plan on a split stay, unless one of your children is under 3 you will not be able to do a value unless you book a family suite.

if you don't want to pay for your husband's tickets and dining for the time he isn't there, you will have to do a "split stay" meaning 2 different reservations. everyone on the ressie (even for part of it) has to have the same dining plan, as I understand it.
What you may be able to do is book everyone for the entire duration that you are planning on being there with the kids. have everyone on the ressie. purchase a single day ticket as part of the package. when you get to your first park, go to guest relations and upgrade (change) your ticket from a one day ticket to whatever you plan on using. I don't think everyone in the party has to upgrade to the same ticket, but I might be wrong. If you have "free dining" as part of your package, your husband will be included for the duration of your trip, even if he is not there, thus giving you lagniappe food credits (you will be able to use those on the reservation that were "allotted" to him being on the ressie), or use them together for signature dining while he is still there.
does this make sense? I think that this is the jest of what everyone has been trying to say

sorry, didn't read the post ahead of mine which said exactly the same thing, just more succinctly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter