Trip after child loss.....it's almost time and a question

2b1gMom

Earning My Ears
I posted here a few months back, my 5 year old was killed by a driver high on drugs in April. The man drove through a yard and hit him while he was riding his scooter on the sidewalk. We decided to carry on and we leave on Friday. I am still totally dreading it but I know my other two children still deserve happy memories. My question is, does Disney have any type of memorial bricks (or something else) that can be purchased? I think it would be neat to have his name somewhere but I am guessing (after research) that there is nothing.

I remember your previous post. :hug: I wish you and your family a wonderful, memory filled vacation, I know it will bittersweet with many thoughts of your precious angelbaby. I know that both DL and WDW have done bricks in the past but don't know of anything going on right now. Maybe guest services will have some information on any plans to do it again in the future.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

A friend of mine suddenly lost her five-year-old a year and a half ago. Her family has made two trips in honor of her birthda. Last year they lit and set a lantern across the lake at POR in her memory, as it was her most favorite place.

I wish you peace, happiness and healing.

I'm so sorry for your lose. I don't think they do the bricks anymore but you could buy a seedling from epcot to plant at home. Kind of a living memorial.

I don't have an answer, but I am sending your family warm wishes for a memory-filled vacation. Much peace to you and your family!

I'm so sorry for your lose. I don't think they do the bricks anymore but you could buy a seedling from epcot to plant at home. Kind of a living memorial.

This is a great idea. Maybe you can find Disney themed garden statue of character your son loved to go under the tree. After our loss, my husband (who happens to be a landscape designer) brought home a willow tree for our yard. I love it and everything it represents.

I remember your original post as well. I am glad to see that your family is going on the trip. I hope y'all have a great time. :hug:

just wanted to give you big hugs and I sincerely hope your family has a wonderful trip. :hug:

I remember your previous post and I'm so happy to hear that your family is going. I know parts of this trip will be next-to-impossibly hard, but I hope it brings some joy and peace as well.

Epcot used to have sell the plaques for the big marble walls at the entrance. I'm not sure if they still do, but that's the most likely thing I can think of.

:hug: I can't even imagine what you're going through. I admire the strength of your family and especially you, as a parent. You're doing the best thing for your family by continuing to move forward. I wish you and your family a beautiful vacation and will continue to keep you all in my thoughts. Keep up the strength, Momma.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I don't think Disney has anything such as a brick or other memorial now. You could do something on your own such as a balloon release or a lantern.

I posted here a few months back, my 5 year old was killed by a driver high on drugs in April. The man drove through a yard and hit him while he was riding his scooter on the sidewalk. We decided to carry on and we leave on Friday. I am still totally dreading it but I know my other two children still deserve happy memories. My question is, does Disney have any type of memorial bricks (or something else) that can be purchased? I think it would be neat to have his name somewhere but I am guessing (after research) that there is nothing.

May your family be BLESSED with strength, courage, peace, and love!:grouphug::littleangel::cloud9:
VERY SAD and TRAGIC to read a post like this..

I am so very sorry for your loss, it is so heartbreaking :hug:

I pray that you and your family are having a magical trip pixiedust:

Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family. While it sounds like WDW does not have plaques/stones I know Give Kids The World does do them, if that's somewhere you'd like to have one for your dear son. When I looked into it the donation for the brick size paver was $100. You don't have to stay there to be able to donate a brick paver. They are a wonderful organization that works with wish organizations and are located in the orlando/ Kissimee area. I hope you a wonderful trip that provides some healing for you and your family.

We survived. It was very sad. Disney was definitely not the same magical place minus a child. Watching the little boys dressed as pirates was so sad. Pirates were one of his favorites. The kids had fun and that is the important part.

:grouphug: Glad to hear you got through it and that the kids had a good time. Thinking of your family and hoping that some good memories were made despite the challenges. All the best to you and your family!

So sincerely sorry to hear of your loss and I know it does not have to do with your OP, but might I recommend Compassionate Friends International as a source of help and healing for you and your family. My mom was greatly benefitted by them after the loss of my brother in 2010. They have posts on things like surviving the holidays after losing a child and helpful articles on day-to-day survival after the loss of a child.

I don't know the policy for such a recommendation so I will not post a link out of respect for TOS, but I am sure a search will bring up their page and I know they have a Facebook page as well.

Sending condolences and sympathy to your family-

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm proud of you for pushing through and creating memories for your little ones. You are brave and stronger than you realize. I used to live in Cincinnati and loved Fernside. Do you have anything in Louisville that is like that? It is great support for loss for children and the whole family.

Also, I noticed you have a 9yo DS...did you have a chance to try out SOTMK (Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom), while at MK? Just wondering...

I relate to your loss and a Disney trip. I'm not sure of the bricks.
It was difficult, I shed tears during the planning and various times during the trip. Not the entire trip, the other kids did need to go. What i did was take pixie Dust, I had gotten some from Fairy Godmother and stood at a favorite spot and thee the pixie dust in the air. Il never forget godmother hug when I explained it's been a rough time.

The only thing that helps is time, years of time, then one day it is doable without tears, but I always look for pixie dust around the park to see if I can find anyone else's memories nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter