• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip advice and Pop Warner Week

Jenard

1st Timer!
We are planning a trip the 6th - 13th of Dec 14. We have a DD 11, and A DS 9. We are staying at the POFQ (heard good things) and are looking forward to our trip.

We plan on doing Disney Quest the Saturday (6th) of our arrival and then have 6 days in the parks.

We are a little concerned about Pop Warner week and crowd levels (if that is the week it happens).
I am looking for any advice/experience with this time frame for crowds and dealing with PW crowds as well.
Thanks in advance.....

We have been there twice during that week . There was very little if any impact.
We even stayed at Sports,if you are staying at Port Orleans I doubt it will affect your experience.

BTW Christmas decorations and Osbourne lights are great.
Have a great time.

You will not even know it is happening. Crowds are very reasonable.

You probably won't even notice them. We have been there twice during that week, and never had any disturbances. Had I not been on alert to look for them, I wouldn't have noticed. I would've thought they were any other group of school kids. One night in Hollywood studios a bunch of their groups were wearing their jackets. There was a special event for them that evening, and still we encountered nothing. Don't sweat it... Enjoy your trip.

Thanks
We have heard that is one of the best weeks to go as crowd levels are low.
Still deciding on the dinning plan Verses paying as we go.

We went this sat year during pop warner, and only noticed them once in the parks going through the turnstiles. Have a great trip!

We went this past 12/7-12/15 and it was crowded. Not because of Pop Warner but families from other countries were there and other people took kids out of school but it was very manageable. We had a great trip.

We were there Dec 3-15 this past year. I was very worried about the whole pop warner experience. I know it's Disney and I know there are kids but we honeymooned in Disney when we were young and fun( early 20's) and there was a terrible highschool group so I feared the same behavior this trip. I will say we stayed at POR this trip and while there were plenty of cheerleaders around they were all well behaved and we only really saw them in the food court. Never loud at night or obnoxious during the day.They weren't a problem in the parks or lines. The bigger problem was the tour groups from Brazil chanting as they walked around the parks making loud scenes although they were nice too and let us get ahead of them in line of a few rides so we weren't behind 100 of them. The further along in the trip the more you saw the cheerleaders and the football players but still they were at a minimal and we never saw them without some adult. DS 10 plays football( not pop warner) so he easily pointed them all out to us. Other than seeing them in the food court we never saw them in restaurants at all not even quick service in the parks.

I think I covered the hotel, parks and restaurants so I hope the info helped. Go have fun no worries oh and for the most part they stay in value resorts with one moderate so you shouldn't worry about that either.

We were there this past December and we never noticed them. The ony PW related thing that was apparent was DHS closed at 6:00 p.m. one day and the result was very low crowds in the park.

As others have said, you won't notice them in the parks. To my knowledge, they have only used POFQ as a hotel once, and it was used as overflow when POR was a host hotel. The last couple of years, they have utilized CBR and/or CSR as the choice moderate, so I wouldn't worry about it.

We are planning a trip the 6th - 13th of Dec 14. We have a DD 11, and A DS 9. We are staying at the POFQ (heard good things) and are looking forward to our trip.

We plan on doing Disney Quest the Saturday (6th) of our arrival and then have 6 days in the parks.

We are a little concerned about Pop Warner week and crowd levels (if that is the week it happens).
I am looking for any advice/experience with this time frame for crowds and dealing with PW crowds as well.
Thanks in advance.....

Pop Warner week is over rated seldome do you see much of an issue at the parks as the kids and parents are at WWoS for 90% of the time with activities. We always go the first couple weeks of Dec and have never had even the smallest issue with crowds etc.

Thanks! Great question. I was just coming home to ask the same thing. We will be at POFQ 11/29-12/12 and I just saw Pop Warner will be 12/6 - 12/13. We have never been during Christmas season and I am concerned about them at POFQ. While it is our favorite resort, I really don't want to deal with screaming kids carrying on all night. A co-worker just got back from Pop Century and said the cheerleaders were horrible - running around all night hitting door knobs, etc. I was thinking about upgrading to Wilderness Lodge to avoid them but it is a huge price increase and I really am not interested in a split stay.

I went during Pop Warner this past year. There was no difference in the parks, but at the hotel (we were staying at Pop Century) it was horrendous. We were up on the 4th floor, I had asked for a quiet room, but we were still near the pool. The day they showed up, there were kids screaming obscenities and N-Words at the top of their lungs until 1:30AM. I called the front desk twice. They said they would send security...but there was a security guard standing there not doing anything. The second time, they still didn't do anything. I had to perform the next morning nearby, and because of the kids' antics, my voice was not what it should have been... :(

It was enough for me to never go back during Pop Warner unless it's a deluxe.

It was enough for me to never go back during Pop Warner unless it's a deluxe.

Thanks. This is what I am afraid of. We only plan on doing a Christmas-time trip once. There were a few cheerleaders at POFQ this year in February and we have never seen them there before. I heard horror stories about Pop Century and the person staying there was told by a CM that Disney had overbooked the cheerleaders this year so they were everywhere. It is just very disappointing that they don't do anything about such misbehavior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter