• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip #1, The 1st of Our Journeys/ AKA SIT DOWN!!

Now that we had our stroller, I discovered we could travel a lot faster. I was overjoyed.

I also decided we needed to get the heck away from Main Street, as people were starting to camp out for the parade. First we stopped for some cotton candy, then I forced my poor feet into power walking to Tomorrowland.

100_1470.jpg

Once we were in that beautiful, crowd-free world, I parked the stroller and took 5 for my poor, screaming feet.

100_1471.jpg

I parked our wonderful stroller and herded the kids onto the Peoplemover. Maybe I'm getting old, but this was my FAVORITE ride. EVER. :rolleyes1

100_1473.jpg

Towards the end, we went into a tunnel and....we stopped. :confused:

It was pitch-black. I was just waiting for Mike to start squealing, but he didn't. An anonymous cm kept announcing that we should stay in our seats, while they fixed the problem, so I took the opportunity to check on the kids by camera flash.

Mike was wiping his nose on his sleeve :rolleyes2
100_1479.jpg

...and apparently under the influence of something:rotfl2::

100_1482.jpg

...and Kai was chillin'

100_1480.jpg

Once we started rolling again, we were near the end. :sad1:

I wanted to go again, but the kids had proclaimed The Peoplemover boring. :scared1:

Darn it.

Our next stop was Buzz's Spaceranger Spin for Fastpasses, then to see Stitch. I'd heard it was scary for smaller kids, so I was taking a risk here with Mike. Fortunately, he loved it. The darn shoulder bar-thing didn't come down past the top of his head for some reason, so maybe he didn't get the full "Stitch has escaped" experience. All I know is that he was actually belly-laughing for most of it, so I'm glad we took the risk. :thumbsup2

After Stitch, we wandered aimlessly until it was time for our Buzz Fastpasses. The kids loved this ride too, but Kai and I got LOW scores. Why? Because we let Mike steer. Each time we tried aiming, we'd find ourselves pointing in the complete, opposite direction. We laughed ourselves silly, but my score was something like 3000, and Kai's was 1600. Pathetic. :rotfl2:

We saw Zurg afterward:

100_1491.jpg

By then we were about done with Tomorrowland. Right about now is when I noticed Kai's vest was missing. She claimed that she'd left it at Pinocchio's, so we started making our way back in that direction.

We stopped here first:

100_1465.jpg

...and waited in line for maybe 10 minutes. Of course, Mike had to make the most of it, with whining about his feet again. I offered to trade him. :upsidedow

Kai wanted a pink teacup, but I told her it was first-come-first-served on the colors. We got pink after all, though. :)

100_1493.jpg

100_1496.jpg

We finally got back to Pinocchio's Village Haus, and were told the vest had been sent to Sir Mickey's. So we backtracked to Sir Mickey's, and 5 minutes later, we had her vest.

Next we headed back to the Haunted Mansion. Thank God it was up and running again, but the line was crazy. The 40 minute wait turned out to be 20, though. :cool1:

100_1502.jpg

Both kids LOVED this one, but especially Kai. As we sailed past the mirrors at the end, she had a ghost in her lap! I think that ride was everything she'd hoped and more. :love:

By now my feet were so sore, I was considering cutting them off. Walking on bloody stumps couldn't have been any worse. :headache:

The kids wanted balloons, and I wanted to leave, so we headed back to the train station in Frontierland. I ditched the stroller and got Mike on the train with the promise of a balloon. He didn't whine once. :rolleyes1

After we disembarked, we found our balloons ($10 EACH??? :scared1:), and got this shot by the front train station:

100_1503.jpg

We took the monorail to the TTC, and the tram to our lot, and then we had a problem: we lost our car. :sad2:

My feet were SCREAMING. I hit the panic button a few times as we walked around, but no dice. Then I accidentally hit the "trunk" button. Great. So now, not only can I NOT find our car, I also have the trunk standing open with ALL the stuff in that was too "valuable" to leave at the hotel. Spectacular. :headache:

We wandered over one more row, I hit the panic button more out of, well, panic than hope that it would work, and --Bingo!-- the car across from us let out a weak "meep, meep". That's panic?? :confused3

We loaded up and tooted off back to the hotel. The kids got ready for bed, and I took more Tylenol than was strictly allowed for my poor feet.

We lucked out that night: Aladdin was on tv, followed by A Bug's Life. We were all asleep before they ended. :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter