Tricky Ticket Question

a_sailor's_wife

DIS Veteran
We purchased the military tickets in November 2011 for the three of us (DH, DS, and myself). However, we each have 2 days left over. We each need 4 days. So here comes the tricky part...

When we first did the finger scan for the tickets, the CM made me scan my finger for DS' ticket. My questions is since my finger is scanned onto DS' ticket, can I use his remaining 2 days on that ticket? This would give me a total of 4 days (my 2 days plus DS' 2 days). Therefore we would purchase DH a 2 day ticket and DS a 4 day ticket. The military ticket is specified as an adult or child ticket.

Since these are military tickets and my finger scan is on both my ticket and DS' ticket, I'm not sure how this could and should work.

Thanks!

I didn't think the military tickets were non expiring? I thought you had 14 days to use them from first use...

I didn't think the military tickets were non expiring? I thought you had 14 days to use them from first use...

It says nothing about expiring 14 days after first use. The only expiration date I can find is the ending date in September or October.

I found what's below from ChesmireFigment at this link for the 2010/2011 Salute to the Armed Forces Tickets.

"The Tickets will expire Midnight, Saturday, October 1, 2011, even if all entries have not been used. The initial entitlements for the ticket is a four days Park Hopper or with the WPF&M Option included. For $27 (plus tax) park hopping may be added to a ticket purchased with the WPF&M Option. For $27 (plus tax) four WPF&M entries may be added to a ticket purchased with Park Hopping. The normal 14 day rules concerning expiration and upgrade do not apply. However, no additional days may be added and the ticket may not have the No Expire option added."

If you only got 3 of the 6 tickets, you can get 3 more and all have the 4 days you need. That would probably be cheaper even than a regular 2-day and 4-day ticket.

Not sure about the finger scan.

If you only got 3 of the 6 tickets, you can get 3 more and all have the 4 days you need. That would probably be cheaper even than a regular 2-day and 4-day ticket.

Not sure about the finger scan.

We took other family members with us for our trip in November so they used the other tickets. When we left we didn't think we'd back at all in 2011. However, we're lucky enough that we're getting a few days in Orlando.

I wish I could add on the WP&M option now, but I'm not sure that I can. At least then we could do things we haven't done before.

We took other family members with us for our trip in November so they used the other tickets. When we left we didn't think we'd back at all in 2011. However, we're lucky enough that we're getting a few days in Orlando.

I wish I could add on the WP&M option now, but I'm not sure that I can. At least then we could do things we haven't done before.

Actually, yes, I'm pretty sure you can add the WP option even now. The Military Salute tickets don't have the same upgrade and expiration rules as regular MYW tickets.

Actually, yes, I'm pretty sure you can add the WP option even now. The Military Salute tickets don't have the same upgrade and expiration rules as regular MYW tickets.

I think we'll have to check this out when we arrive. It might be a great option since we're just adding a few days on to the end of our cruise.

We purchased the military tickets in November 2011 for the three of us (DH, DS, and myself). However, we each have 2 days left over. We each need 4 days. So here comes the tricky part...

When we first did the finger scan for the tickets, the CM made me scan my finger for DS' ticket. My questions is since my finger is scanned onto DS' ticket, can I use his remaining 2 days on that ticket? This would give me a total of 4 days (my 2 days plus DS' 2 days). Therefore we would purchase DH a 2 day ticket and DS a 4 day ticket. The military ticket is specified as an adult or child ticket.

Since these are military tickets and my finger scan is on both my ticket and DS' ticket, I'm not sure how this could and should work.

Thanks!

We had purchased those FL wild tickets and the first time we used them, the CM at MK had my DH scan his finger for DS. At Epcot, it worked fine, dh scanned his finger for it with no problem. The third day, at HS, they wouldn't let DH scan his finger for DS's ticket, so they couldn't get the ticket to work. DH was really really pissed off, because the CM wouldn't listen to what we were telling him--at one point he told dh that "he was trying to save us some money, because we paid the adult price for a kid ticket" (the prices were the same on those tickets). :headache:

There was no problem at HS the 4th day--maybe because we saw that same CM and went to a different line? ;)

We had purchased those FL wild tickets and the first time we used them, the CM at MK had my DH scan his finger for DS. At Epcot, it worked fine, dh scanned his finger for it with no problem. The third day, at HS, they wouldn't let DH scan his finger for DS's ticket, so they couldn't get the ticket to work. DH was really really pissed off, because the CM wouldn't listen to what we were telling him--at one point he told dh that "he was trying to save us some money, because we paid the adult price for a kid ticket" (the prices were the same on those tickets). :headache:

There was no problem at HS the 4th day--maybe because we saw that same CM and went to a different line? ;)

We didn't have a problem with scanning my finger for DS' ticket because each time we approached they asked if it was my fnger scan or DS'. The prices for the Salute to the armed forces are the same price for both adult and child just like the FL Wild Tickets.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. Resident 4 Day Wild 4 Disney Pass
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18. Prices Effective August 5, 2010
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter