Trick or Tweet! The Lurkyloos Do F&W, etc: 11/8 Last Day at WDW!

I always love some Roots pics! They were awesome. What a big update! We just ate at Chefs de France in May and would like to try Bistro de Paris. I have been wanting to try new places to eat.

Love your MK photo shoot with the Roots. As much as I love WDW, I really think Eric & I should arrange some kind of a special photo shoot around at our fav places....although I am always in schelpy park attire so I guess I would have to step up my fashion a bit.

Cool about getting to see the D23 team & love the pic of Patrick with the Disney Geek......where the heck was he at Destination D anyway? We ate at Bistro once awhile back & I am thinking we should go again soon!

YEAh more Roots pictures! I really must chat with them on color correction I am terrible at that part.

What fun pictures you and Patrick always do the funnest poses, plus it is always great to have your own personal photography.

You rode in the car together :rotfl: I bet you got tons of looks :rotfl:

Yeah, Patrick has a way of attracting tons of looks pretty much ANYWHERE... :lmao:

great....

... now I WANT a Mickey cream bar :mickeybar and it is like hundreds of miles away :sad:

Oh no! Let's see... how about a Haagen Dazs bar instead? It's not Mickey-shaped but it sorta looks like an earless Goofy! :teeth:

Can't believe you managed to sneak a CS cupcake into the Bistro. That takes some moxie!:worship: Hopefully the wait staff were busy with the end-of-night closing and didn't notice.;)

Looking forward to re-living Sip N Stroll with you!:goodvibes

I think in typically French fashion, the CMs at Bistro don't give a Ratatouille's patootie what I'm smuggling in... :rotfl:

I just realized you already started your Destination D trip report—gulp! I am SooooOOO far behind. It was fun re-living it through your pictures!

Thank you for starting my day with a fantastic laugh! :rotfl: I love the pictures from your MK morning with the Roots!

I've always been intrigued by Bistro de Paris, but I think you finally hit the nail on the head - it does seem very 1980's! My parents are still raving about a butternut squash soup they had there last December though...

Ooh - I wish I'd tried that! We always have a decent meal there. It's never been anything that knocked our socks off, but it's a nice experience.

well I didn't stay away :rolleyes1 I am always up for some DIS time that keeps me from the other stuff ;)

I am in LOVE w/ the pictures, the fun and well everything...this is the trip I want ;) You and your DH just look to be having the time of your life hamming it up for the photos...just too fun!

Hee hee! I just hope the poor Roots had fun trotting after us in the heat. I was so glad we were able to see them again when there was more time to just hang out.

I always love some Roots pics! They were awesome. What a big update! We just ate at Chefs de France in May and would like to try Bistro de Paris. I have been wanting to try new places to eat.

That's a fun goal! Bistro is definitely different from Chefs (no rats on the carts for one thing... :rotfl: ).

Love your MK photo shoot with the Roots. As much as I love WDW, I really think Eric & I should arrange some kind of a special photo shoot around at our fav places....although I am always in schelpy park attire so I guess I would have to step up my fashion a bit.

You totally should! I mean, heck, you even live in the same state as they do now—you could do a shoot at Dollywood or something!

Killer update, girl! :thumbsup2 I always love reading your TR's, so much detail! :goodvibes I feel I'm walking into what every you've reported on with great knowledge and a few chuckles, the chuckles come because I'm remembering your hilarious comments. :laughing: Yeah, I get some strange looks. :laughing:

I'm going to hit you up here in the not to distant future for your make-up and hair gal. Do you know if the Roots do non-wedding photo shoots for other people besides their special friends Carrie and Patrick? :flower3:
I'm in the process of losing a pretty good amount of weight and I realized recently I've avoided pictures for far too many years because of said weight. :rolleyes: Now that my oldest child is grown and the second to be there with in the next few short years....I have no really good pictures of the family together, at least not without me standing behind someone hiding. :guilty: :laughing:

Pathetic I know, I really regret not allowing myself to be in more pictures with my beautiful family. All this drawn out silliness to say....my hope is to have some really great pics done of the family and I, and I couldn't think of anyone better to do the job. :goodvibes

Fantastic updates, Miss Carrie! :cloud9:

Thank you so much for posting so many fabulous photos of WWoHP! Like many others, I never considered going to Universal until they added Potterland. Although I still can't commit to giving IOA a full day (especially after reading your TR), so we decided to do the DIS party this December. It was just lucky coincidence that it's happening the same time we're at WDW! :thumbsup2

The Root photos are gorgeous! Especially the Tomorrowland Speedway shots - HIGH-larious! There's a great chemistry between the four of you that just oozes (OK, that sounds gross) through the pictures.
I love that Patrick was wearing purple in the old & the new photos - that must be his "signature color" (said in my best southern drawl ala Steel Magnolias....).

I'm such a BIG nerd that I got all excited when reading and realized you were in the Poly lobby with the Roots around the same time Daniel & I were checking in for the first part of our honeymoon! Why it would excite me that we were possibly in the hotel at the same time together is beyond me, but it did. :rolleyes::laughing:

We made ressies at Bistro for our upcoming trip and your review makes me glad we did. I'm trying to be more adventurous and (slowly) step out of my food comfort zone, especially when at WDW. I figure there's no better place because if I don't like something, there's something I DO like just a few steps away!

Looking forward to the next update! :3dglasses

I just realized you already started your Destination D trip report—gulp! I am SooooOOO far behind. It was fun re-living it through your pictures!

Have to give credit where it's due....remember I had no camera with me for any of the Destination D events? All the photos are courtesy of Melanie!:)

I am totally loving your trip report! It's making me more and more excited for our upcoming trip in October!!! :cool1:

I'm going to hit you up here in the not to distant future for your make-up and hair gal. Do you know if the Roots do non-wedding photo shoots for other people besides their special friends Carrie and Patrick? :flower3:
I'm in the process of losing a pretty good amount of weight and I realized recently I've avoided pictures for far too many years because of said weight. :rolleyes: Now that my oldest child is grown and the second to be there with in the next few short years....I have no really good pictures of the family together, at least not without me standing behind someone hiding. :guilty: :laughing:

Pathetic I know, I really regret not allowing myself to be in more pictures with my beautiful family. All this drawn out silliness to say....my hope is to have some really great pics done of the family and I, and I couldn't think of anyone better to do the job. :goodvibes

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think a photo shoot is a great idea! I'm not sure what the Roots' current policy is on family shoots—for a while they were only able to do them for past clients, but that may have changed now that their schedule has changed. And they are in Orlando a LOT for weddings, so I say reach out to them when you're ready and see what they say. They do seem to love family shoots, and it really comes through in the photos!

Fantastic updates, Miss Carrie! :cloud9:

Thank you so much for posting so many fabulous photos of WWoHP! Like many others, I never considered going to Universal until they added Potterland. Although I still can't commit to giving IOA a full day (especially after reading your TR), so we decided to do the DIS party this December. It was just lucky coincidence that it's happening the same time we're at WDW! :thumbsup2

HOORAY! I hope we'll be able to go so we can see you there!

The Root photos are gorgeous! Especially the Tomorrowland Speedway shots - HIGH-larious! There's a great chemistry between the four of you that just oozes (OK, that sounds gross) through the pictures.
I love that Patrick was wearing purple in the old & the new photos - that must be his "signature color" (said in my best southern drawl ala Steel Magnolias....).

I have declared it to be his signature color! :rotfl: Well, that and turquoise. I just love the way those colors look with the orange in his beard!

I'm such a BIG nerd that I got all excited when reading and realized you were in the Poly lobby with the Roots around the same time Daniel & I were checking in for the first part of our honeymoon! Why it would excite me that we were possibly in the hotel at the same time together is beyond me, but it did.

That is really spooky and cool! I wish we'd spotted you guys—it would be fun to have a Root shot of us together. Of course, you were prolly pretty busy getting lei-ed... :teeth:

I'm trying to be more adventurous and (slowly) step out of my food comfort zone, especially when at WDW. I figure there's no better place because if I don't like something, there's something I DO like just a few steps away!

I like this philosophy—a lot! I run into a lot of people who ask about different restaurants we've been to at Disney because they're picky (I'm picky too!), and I'm going to start using your line when I try to convince them to try new places! :cutie:

I am totally loving your trip report! It's making me more and more excited for our upcoming trip in October!!! :cool1:

I'm so glad to hear it! That's what I love about the DIS—it can keep you in that Disney zone year-round, between trips and everything! :goodvibes

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think a photo shoot is a great idea! I'm not sure what the Roots' current policy is on family shoots—for a while they were only able to do them for past clients, but that may have changed now that their schedule has changed. And they are in Orlando a LOT for weddings, so I say reach out to them when you're ready and see what they say. They do seem to love family shoots, and it really comes through in the photos!

Thank you! :goodvibes I'm only down 30 lbs. so far, I still have a ways to go, but I know I'll get there. ::yes::

After I posted here I started reading through your older reports again to see if I could find information about the Roots and found there site and realized they don't live in FL. :scared1: I "liked," them on FB and said something about this....they assured me they were in FL. all the time for weddings so for me not to worry. Did they ever live in FL.? :confused3
Anywhoooo, I truly appreciate your words of encouragment, and I will certainly plan according to the Roots schedule if I have to. :goodvibes Their pictures are so beautiful, and yes your right their love for family shoots really do come through in the photos. :lovestruc

That is really spooky and cool! I wish we'd spotted you guys—it would be fun to have a Root shot of us together. Of course, you were prolly pretty busy getting lei-ed... :teeth:

Hee hee hee
laughs9.gif

I just played catch up from being off the boards for a couple of months. Your MK photos are wonderful. Also, I love the Duffy photos, DH and I became attached to Duffy on our trip in May. DH and I are planning to start a family in the very near future and bought a baby Duffy bear for our future little one.

Absolutely fabulous killer update! Your makeup looks so beautiful and, of course, all the Roots pictures are out of this world. They are so super talented.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy a Roots update. I also really enjoyed Patrick's pictures. He got some gorgeous night time shots.

And dinner - first review of the Bistro I have read on the TR boards in quite awhile. It looked like a fabulous dinner. Just perfect!

HOORAY! I hope we'll be able to go so we can see you there!
That would be super fun! I don't know if you listen, but on the DIS' podcast this week, they said there were only about 20 spots left. :upsidedow
We're also going to try to do D23's Magic & Merriment on the 11th & 12th, after your experience last time, are you considering doing it again?

:rolleyes1 :laughing:

I like this philosophy—a lot! I run into a lot of people who ask about different restaurants we've been to at Disney because they're picky (I'm picky too!), and I'm going to start using your line when I try to convince them to try new places! :cutie:

:thumbsup2 Love it!!

Not to steal the show but I wanted to post a link to my travel blog for those that might be interested in reading about my adventures which start :banana: TODAY!! I leave in an hour for Yellowstone National Park. So anywho for those that would like to travel along with me click the link below and be sure to comment often :surfweb: makes blogging more interesting for me :thumbsup2

Erica's Travel Site

Anyone is allowed along for the ride, should be a good one :goodvibes

I know you're one busy bee, BUT.....any chance of an update to this TR before the Expo? :hyper: :flower3:

Hi Carrie,

The fantastic pictures posted on your first post here reeled me in. Awesome costumes and nice photography!

Your entertaining writing kept me reading on even through a whole lot of wedding venue content that typically would drive me away.
Love your writing style and wit!

This is the second report I have read where a Sony HX-1 was used and I am sold that this is a very nice P&S camera. You captured some excellent pics and you and/or Patrick have a good eye. I like the perspective on several of your pics. The Roots pics...well they are at another level. Simply awesome! The pictures of you and Patrick that they took are stellar!

Here is another pic of the "Progress City" model from TTA for you that I took on my last trip.
original.jpg

if you would like a copy of the full sized original, let me know and I will send it to you.

Looking forward for more....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter