Trick or Treating

I don't do halloween. And the whole time we have lived here no kids even came on this small street.

We got between 100-150 kids. Fewer than last year, but we're the only house along our row with lights on.

We’re also not opening the door this year. Setting candy up on the porch in a silver bowl. Also don’t care if a ToTer comes and takes it all.

We live in a neighborhood where the houses are far apart and up on slopes so it's not good for trick or treating. Since we moved in we've gone to friends' neighborhoods to trick or treat. The first year I felt guilty about not handing out candy since we handed out a lot at our old home so I left a bowl of candy on the front porch. Someone stole my bowl. :mad:

We live in a neighborhood where the houses are far apart and up on slopes so it's not good for trick or treating. Since we moved in we've gone to friends' neighborhoods to trick or treat. The first year I felt guilty about not handing out candy since we handed out a lot at our old home so I left a bowl of candy on the front porch. Someone stole my bowl. :mad:
Oh no. So sorry to hear.

This year felt the least like Halloweentime that I can ever remember. Maybe it's just that I am getting older, or that I'm not around kids, or that it was unseasonably warm here for most of the month, or that I'm not in stores much, or maybe it's a combination of all the above...anyway, it just doesn't feel the same.

In new house in another state this year. Townhouse. Mostly older folks live here and very few kids. So I had no idea what to expect. I didn't buy a lot of candy but, luckily, DH brought a ton more home today. Because we were swamped. Began coming at 5:45 and I was out of candy by 7:00. I couldn't even come back inside between visits and had to stand in my driveway for an hour straight. Only a handful were from the neighborhood. There are only 174 townhomes. Think they pour in from elsewhere because townhomes allows you to cover more homes with less walking and in shorter time.

Think we will do our annual F&W trip next Halloween.

Last edited:
OP here. Grand total of 9 tonight, an all-time low. 2 + 2 then a group of 5. Plenty of candy leftover.

Thanks everyone for contributing.

I expect we'll get 60 or so. Hopefully, enough to empty the candy bowl. My friend lives in a neighborhood that is popular with ToTers. She expects 2,000 kids.

We had a steady stream from 6:30-8:30. But we always do. Our neighborhood has a lot of kids, but we also get a lot of kids who come in from surrounding neighborhoods.

Tons. Maybe a couple hundred. But we're in a dense old neighborhood with sidewalks everywhere, so that's to be expected. We're the neighborhood that the country families bring their kids to to trick-or-treat.

I did notice this year that some of the trunk-or-treat events have moved to Halloween night. Usually they're the weekend before (the one at our parish/school was Friday). I suppose if that continues it will cut down on traffic some, though one is at a church just a few blocks over and a lot of the kids do both their event and door to door candy gathering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter