Trick or Treat Questions

three_kids_mom

Earning My Ears
We are pretty sure we are going to go to the trick or treat party on the 16th...but I have two questions.

Do I need to get the tickets now (because they may sell out) or can I wait until it gets closer? I have a fear of putting too much money down and having something come up that cancels our plans...but yet I don't want to miss out on it either!

Do we have to have costumes? I mean I know they are optional, but will my kids be the only ones not dressed up? We are flying to California for 6 days and will already have enough luggage that fitting in costumes too may be too much. And for those wearing costumes are most costumes disney things or are some just normal ones too?

Thanks!

I'd buy the tickets now because the Trick or Treat parties DO sell out. Pretty much all kids wear costumes. I think they might feel left out without being able to dress up too. I know my daughter sure would. I'm in the same boat as you...we're coming in from Canada and have very limited luggage space too. But we decided to buy her costume right at Disneyland (then if it just gets squished on the way home, we won't really care). You don't need actual Disney-themed costumes though. The kids wear any costumes they want to. Maybe you could find non-bulky costumes that could easily fit in your suitcases or carry-on luggage.

Have fun at the party!

You should buy your tickets as soon as you can, the first year we went I had to buy tix online because they sold out so fast to AP holders. We were AP holders then but we didn't know if we were going so I had to wait. I wish I'd just bought them earlier, as AP holders we get a discount. Anyway, this year I just bought them, I figure if we have to cancel for whatever reason I'll just try to sell mine online. :)

As for costumes, yes, our girls will be dressed up but we drive so we don't worry about the whole luggage thing. :) You could make a quick run down to Target to see what they have for costumes after you get to Anaheim, you could plan something easy to pack (pirates would be easy) or you could just get them cute ears and paint their faces. They offer face painting in DL & DCA so you could just do that if you wanted to. DBF and I may or may not go in costume, we don't know yet, if we do we might just go simple and get white tee shirts, iron on the MM Club logo, put our names on the back and get Mouse Ears and go as Mouseketeers. :)

Ok we have done the TorT for the last 5 or 6 years. Buy your tix ahead of time most nights they sell out, especially if it is a Friday nite. Our kids always dress up. We have flown and driven down. If you are ok with spending the extra money then wait until you get there to buy the costumes. However, depending on the size the child wears they may not go large enough. They only carry up to a size 12 in kids.

Good luck!

I agree with all above - buy tickets early (you can always sell them on ebay if something came up) and plan on bringing costumes or you may have to buy them at DL and that will cost $$$. Depending on their age you could see if they just wanted to wear tiara's and cute tee's or something that is small to pack.

Does anybody know if the night of Halloween sales out quick? I was thinking we could wait a couple more weeks before buying just make 100% for sure we are going.

Halloween Night is on a Saturday and I would expect it will sell out very quickly, if not the first night to sell out.

Honestly, if you're planning on going on Halloween get your tickets now!! Those are always the first to sell out completely, I definitely wouldn't wait. I'm surprised that there are still tickets for that night available actually.....

I know this is a repeat question however......we will be going to the ToT party on October 8th which happens to be a Thursday....I was thinking of waiting until I make our final payment (Sept. 5th) on our package to purchase the tickets do you think this would be cutting it too close? We have been to MNSSHP at WDW in early October last year and the party did not come close to selling out.....is ToT at DLR more popular?

Definitely buy tickets now!!! And the ebay idea is great! If you won't be able to make it because something came up, you can definitely sell them on ebay. Also, you don't have to buy a costume at Disneyland. You can go to a Walgreens or Rite-Aid in the area and buy the costume there. It will be MUCH cheaper, and you can even get rid of it later if you don't want to bring it back home with you.

I know this is a repeat question however......we will be going to the ToT party on October 8th which happens to be a Thursday....I was thinking of waiting until I make our final payment (Sept. 5th) on our package to purchase the tickets do you think this would be cutting it too close? We have been to MNSSHP at WDW in early October last year and the party did not come close to selling out.....is ToT at DLR more popular?

I think going on a Thursday will be less crowded then going on a Friday, you are probably OK waiting, but I wouldn't wait any longer than 9-5. And if I had the money earlier I'd probably just go ahead and order them.....

I have a question to add to this thread for those of you who have been to the ToT party ... Do a lot of the adults dress up too? We have tickets to the Fri Oct. 9th party and me, hubby and daughter were thinking about wearing coordinating costumes. Thoughts?

-Kim

OH YES!!!!

BUY TIX NOW!!

YES, EVERYONE dresses up!

I think that is the funnest thing too, whole families having coordinating outfits. One year I seen a "bee" family, with the bee keeper and all.
The Incredibles ofcourse was a biggie.
Uhm, oh yes, one year i seen Willy Wonka! The very exciting Johnny Depp Willy Wonka and he was dressed head to toe and he was AWESOME!!!!

TOT is Amazing and sooooo much fun!!!

If packing costumes is a problem, go as pumpkins, orange shirt and mickey jack o lantern ears or hat.
They have lots of options. :)
or as the previous posters said, take advantage of the Target, Rite Aid and Walgreens around in the area. :)
There is even a Michaels nearby if your crafty!!!

Have fun and buy your tickets EARLY!!

I have a question to add to this thread for those of you who have been to the ToT party ... Do a lot of the adults dress up too? We have tickets to the Fri Oct. 9th party and me, hubby and daughter were thinking about wearing coordinating costumes. Thoughts?

-Kim

Hey!! That's the day of our ToT Party!! Maybe we will see you there! :) If the girls didn't already have ideas then we would do a family theme. In fact we are talking about doing it anyway.....LOL

I wanted to add, that no, not everyone dresses up, in fact the first year we went DBF and I did not dress up but we still got loads of candy! lol

This is probably a dumb question, but we're flying out the day after the party and I was wondering if you can take the candy home in your carry-on luggage? I assume you get a lot of candy? I'd rather not check a bag but if I have to, it's free (SW).

Hey!! That's the day of our ToT Party!! Maybe we will see you there! :) If the girls didn't already have ideas then we would do a family theme. In fact we are talking about doing it anyway.....LOL

I wanted to add, that no, not everyone dresses up, in fact the first year we went DBF and I did not dress up but we still got loads of candy! lol

I am glad to hear that lots of families dress up. I have a wizard costume (think Harry Potter type wizard) from a few years ago and my mom is making my husband and daughter wizard costumes to coordinate. I love haloween, the ToT party sounds so fun. I can't wait!

But we are going for our first trip in Oct. We are planning to go for the Trick or Treat party-We went to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party in Disney World last year. My question is, do they sell costumes, t-shirts etc with the theme of the Trick or Treat Party?
Thanks
julie

I was there last year for Halloween and also the year before. I did see T shirts and Mickey ear pumpkin hats for sale... I wasn't looking for any costumes so I didn't notice. The Mickey ears sell out quickly in the day. We got some earlier in the day and then went back to the same store later for another but were sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter