Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Hi - did you have any issues booking that room category at Swan and having all people in your party coded correctly in MDE?

Yes! Booking that category of room was no problem; I just did it on the Swan's website. But it was a royal pain trying to get the reservation to show up in MDE at all. I had to call both Disney and the Swan a bunch of times. After a couple of weeks, I think I finally called DSS and they were able to help me.

Hoping someone can unconfuse me about the CL passes. If I buy the option, do all 6 of my passes for that become “whatever wherever” so I could theoretically have passes at all the parks, ignoring tiers or are 3 of them still “regular” fastpasses which can only be booked for one park, with tier restrictions in place, and the 3 club passes rule free?

Hoping someone can unconfuse me about the CL passes. If I buy the option, do all 6 of my passes for that become “whatever wherever” so I could theoretically have passes at all the parks, ignoring tiers or are 3 of them still “regular” fastpasses which can only be booked for one park, with tier restrictions in place, and the 3 club passes rule free?

The three regular FPs need to follow all regular rules. The Extra ones are whatever, wherever.

The only difference with the regular FPs on the days you book the program is you can book them at 90 days from check-out (vs the regular 60 days from check-in).

The three regular FPs need to follow all regular rules. The Extra ones are whatever, wherever.

The only difference with the regular FPs on the days you book the program is you can book them at 90 days from check-out (vs the regular 60 days from check-in).

Thanks, that is what I thought, but as I started laying it out on my spreadsheet I got to wondering :)

If by "whatever, wherever" you mean as in an "anytime fast pass" sometimes given as guest recovery then no.

You can however use the 3 Club Level fast passes for any tier and at a different park than your traditional 3. They are pre-booked for a specific attraction for a specific 1 hour window just like the traditional 3. So you could have slinky dog at 9, toy story at 10 and Aliens at 11 and then book maybe Flights of passage at 5, Everest at 6 and Safari at 7 for example. You can modify your regular fast passes through the app but you have to call DSS to change the club level fast passes.

Most of the traditional rules of FP+ apply to CL with the exception of tier and park and you can book all 6 at 90 days from your check out date.

Did anyone use this program during Xmas week? Thoughts?

We were there 12/20-12/27 on a split stay -- WL Deluxe CL room, followed by BC 1BR suite -- and we bought 6 days' worth of the CL FP+. We used them all as scheduled, and we found they were worth every penny. It was so nice to not have to stress about being able to get all the headliners. Christmas week was crowded, but we navigated it with ease due to these passes and having great success with refreshing. If you have the budget for them, I highly recommend them...honestly, they made our trip a breeze, and we had such a great time that we booked a bounceback rate for the exact same dates next year, this time splitting between CR CL but repeating the 1BR BC suite.

HTH! :)

We were there 12/20-12/27 on a split stay -- WL Deluxe CL room, followed by BC 1BR suite -- and we bought 6 days' worth of the CL FP+. We used them all as scheduled, and we found they were worth every penny. It was so nice to not have to stress about being able to get all the headliners. Christmas week was crowded, but we navigated it with ease due to these passes and having great success with refreshing. If you have the budget for them, I highly recommend them...honestly, they made our trip a breeze, and we had such a great time that we booked a bounceback rate for the exact same dates next year, this time splitting between CR CL but repeating the 1BR BC suite.

We were also at WDW Christmas week 12/22-28 and we didn't buy the CL PF this time but did have them in September. I would have bought them but we booked after the 90 day window so we decided not to get them figuring it would be hard to get all the tier 1 rides anyway. But I am so glad we didn't get them! Upon checking in at BC CL the concierge told my 4 yo daughter Happy Birthday as she gave her a birthday button and asked me to have a seat. She pulled up or itinerary and added 3 multi experience fp+ for all 4 of us each day so yeah we got dusted! I am going to purchase them for our upcoming April trip but only for our HS and MK days. I always have good luck with refresh at AK and EP so we will go with our 3 on those days.

Perfect. Thank you. This program is definitely making me feel more relaxed about planning this trip. It’s just so far away and it can disappear at any point!

I've been 100% set on purchasing the extra CL FPs on our next CL stay, which is now booked for September. We haven't been to WDW in September before, and the extreme heat and humidity at that time of year makes me wonder if being in the parks for six FPs (even if we split them into morning and evening, which we would prefer not to do) is just too much. We're considering doing just two park days and doing EMH and EMM events instead to get to the parks early and leave by noon/ 1 p.m., but part of me hates letting go of the opportunity to purchase the extra FPs. Any input here regarding being 'stuck' in the parks so long when utilizing all six FPs? Thanks so much in advance!
P.S. @GADisneyDad14 , I seem to remember a post of yours referencing you wouldn't want to be 'stuck' in the parks for all six FPs during one of your trips (maybe due to crowd levels, can't remember)?

Last edited:
You can book your CL FPs and the regular FPs for that day on 90 days from your check OUT date.

Sorry, it was a poorly worded question on my part. When can you purchase them? Do you pay first and then book 90 days out or do you have to pay and book at the 90 day mark?

I’m kind of surprised that they haven’t either ended this or expanded it by now... I wonder how long they’ll keep this “trial” going... has anyone heard more about that?

I’m kind of surprised that they haven’t either ended this or expanded it by now... I wonder how long they’ll keep this “trial” going... has anyone heard more about that?

Yeah, tend to agree. It'll have its 'one-year anniversary' 3/13/19. Granted DSS CMs would likely be the last to know of any pending changes, but folks who have asked them seem to report a similar "the program has been popular, we think it will be continuing for your dates, but it is a trial so check-back when you can book" or similar. To me that seems like the easy/passive/we don't know anything response. :-)

My personal bet is that it'll either go away or be changed in some way come SWGE time, but I have no basis for that thought other than as an outside observer.

I've skimmed this thread, but I'm curious how "available" things are when you call DSS at the 90-days prior to check out. Is it easy to get, say, 6:00-7:00pm, 7:00-8:00, and 8:00-9:00 CLFPs for headliners, and at the same time also easy to get your regular FPs on those days from 9:00-10:00am, 10:00-11:00, and 11:00-12:00 for headliners at another park? Stacking like this is pretty important to me. (We prefer not to be at the parks past 11:30/11:45 in the morning.)

I've skimmed this thread, but I'm curious how "available" things are when you call DSS at the 90-days prior to check out. Is it easy to get, say, 6:00-7:00pm, 7:00-8:00, and 8:00-9:00 CLFPs for headliners, and at the same time also easy to get your regular FPs on those days from 9:00-10:00am, 10:00-11:00, and 11:00-12:00 for headliners at another park? Stacking like this is pretty important to me. (We prefer not to be at the parks past 11:30/11:45 in the morning.)

I did all the FP+s in October and got all the ones I wanted at the times I wanted. I did 5 days of clubs for 2 of us.

I was happy we had the 6 per day. The crowds were higher expected. Refresh didn’t work well.

The two times we've called to do it (for trips from 12/20-12/27 and 2/23-3/3) it's been extremely easy to get the exact times we requested, stacked just liked you described. Once or twice we've had to vary it by maybe 5-10 minutes or due to show performance times, but other than that, it's been a breeze. :)

We booked ours on the hour every hour - so easy to remember your times! Lol!

There were 1-2 rides that came up with weird x:05 or x:10 times, not x:00, but through some refreshing we were able to get the X:00 time we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter