Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Ugh! If they are not offering the reserved viewing areas I will have to rethink it......
I’m still very attracted to the same tier/more than 1 Park FP bookings. But my itinerary is mostly based around which day we can see HEA Bc of the parties. And if we can’t do the reserved viewing area in November then I will have to definitely change around our park days Bc is rather avoid MK on a non party day. My 90 days is mid August, so have some time to hear about potential changes.

Thanks. Sounds about the same as it's always been then.

I'm still really undecided on the value of this program overall. If the HEA viewing area is still open without spending any money that removes any value for it. We don't watch F! (don't care for it) and until they change Illuminations, we have seen it to the point it's a snooze fest. RoL is easy to watch. So that sort of makes the show part no value for us. It does leave the FP question. The one place I can think I'd find value is making FP in 2 parks. The not being able to move them around myself part is really troubling though. I move plans around so much. I understand why they have to make them but once they make them I don't understand why you can't move them.

I agree on both points. For us, the nighttime shows were a priority for this particular trip and it was a shorter trip (5 nights), so that's really where I felt like I was getting a lot of my "value". No one had seen HEA yet, or F! (something has gotten in the way every time we've tried :confused3), and I was the only one who had seen ROL. So that part was worth it to us, but it might not be another trip for the reasons you mentioned - we'd definitely go back to HEA every trip but maybe not the other two.

Not being able to move those club FPs was an issue too, because I move stuff around a lot. I tried to plan those for ones I didn't think I'd want to move as much, although it still came up. Again, since the nighttime shows were a priority, I knew we'd be staying for them and could use some FPs around them, but next trip I'd probably want to be more flexible with my nights, so I'd want more flexibility with FPs in the evening, if that makes sense...

In any case, I figured I'd try it since who knows if the program will stick around (or if it will go up in price). I had just one trip with that inter-park bus system and I loved that and was sad to see it go, so I figured we'd try it while we have the opportunity!

I understand if you need to change a club level FP, you need to do it through DSS, and they close at 5:00 each day. I'm wondering what happens if you're in a park and the ride you have a CLFP for is down or you just need to change it. If DSS is closed for the day, I'm wondering what you would do. Has anyone who used these already have that situation arise, and if so, were you able to find someone to change your CLFPs for you?

I understand if you need to change a club level FP, you need to do it through DSS, and they close at 5:00 each day. I'm wondering what happens if you're in a park and the ride you have a CLFP for is down or you just need to change it. If DSS is closed for the day, I'm wondering what you would do. Has anyone who used these already have that situation arise, and if so, were you able to find someone to change your CLFPs for you?
DSS provides an after hours phone number to use in this situation.

Maybe I’m being a little negative... but for us that’s an example of why this program - in its current form - just isn’t that great a fit for us. The day I have to tell DW... “honey, just give me a few minutes, I need to go find somewhere quiet and call DSS to modify some FPs” ... is the day I get left in MK, alone!

We are staying CL in December at the contemporary. I called DSS today to find out my booking date (it is 90 days before checkout). They said that for december they would not be offering the reserved viewing locations for the evening shows which I found a little disappointing (I wanted reserved viewing for the HEA fireworks). He said it had to do with the limited nights because of the Christmas party. I hope it changes but prob unlikely? He said since it is a pilot program changes can happen at any time. I think I will still do it just to get all the Tier 1's done more quickly.

Ugh! If they are not offering the reserved viewing areas I will have to rethink it......

I’m still very attracted to the same tier/more than 1 Park FP bookings. But my itinerary is mostly based around which day we can see HEA Bc of the parties. And if we can’t do the reserved viewing area in November then I will have to definitely change around our park days Bc is rather avoid MK on a non party day. My 90 days is mid August, so have some time to hear about potential changes.
I'm in the same boat. I am going Nov 25th to Dec 5th. I am hoping that CM was wrong. People have already been booking for Sept dates and haven't reported this yet for the Halloween parties. In most of Sept and Oct there are just as many party nights as Nov and Dec. The other odd thing is why suspend all viewing areas when the party only affects HEA. If there is no reserved viewing I suspect they will see their sales decrease for Dec, the viewing areas were a tipping point for a lot of people. I won't be purchasing these if there is no viewing area included because it isn't worth the money for just the FP's.

Maybe I’m being a little negative... but for us that’s an example of why this program - in its current form - just isn’t that great a fit for us. The day I have to tell DW... “honey, just give me a few minutes, I need to go find somewhere quiet and call DSS to modify some FPs” ... is the day I get left in MK, alone!
It’s one of several reasons I have buyer’s remorse. This program is inches away from being valuable to us, but right now I’m finding it to be a hassle. And we haven’t even left yet.

Do you know where I can locate that number? I'd like to be prepared in case I need to change something.
It’s in the email confirmation I received with my FP itinerary. It’s also in all of the follow-up communication I’ve had with DSS about changing our FPs (not being to modify myself makes me crazy because I almost always end up fine-tuning our schedule, especially when Disney changes the park hours).

This is from the email I received:
If you have any questions or would like to modify these, please contact us at 407-939-7777 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. During your stay, if you need to contact us regarding same-day modifications after 5:00 PM, please call 407-939-1827.

This was on the email they sent me after I booked (which was in April, FWIW):

During your stay, if you need to contact us regarding same-day modifications after 5:00 PM, please call 407-939-1827.
Doh! I should have checked my email first before asking. I have the same one. I completely forgot and didn’t even notice the numbers at the bottom. Thank you so much! This will come in handy if I have a problem. We will be there in 3 weeks. I hope all goes smoothly with your CL FPs!

It has several issues and why I'm quite shocked it's considered a success. I never dreamed that many would pay to get 3 more rides and viewing for a show that isn't hard to see for free, probably in about the same spot in some cases

It’s in the email confirmation I received with my FP itinerary. It’s also in all of the follow-up communication I’ve had with DSS about changing our FPs (not being to modify myself makes me crazy because I almost always end up fine-tuning our schedule, especially when Disney changes the park hours).

If you have any questions or would like to modify these, please contact us at 407-939-7777 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. During your stay, if you need to contact us regarding same-day modifications after 5:00 PM, please call 407-939-1827.
Thank you! I didn’t even realize I had that info but it’s been awhile since I booked I guess. I don’t mind not changing them but I want to be prepared in case something goes wrong or a ride is down. Thanks for your help and hope your plans go smoothly!!

That information was not included in the email confirmation sent to me by DSS two weeks ago... interesting..

It has several issues and why I'm quite shocked it's considered a success. I never dreamed that many would pay to get 3 more rides and viewing for a show that isn't hard to see for free, probably in about the same spot in some cases
If you could easily modify FPs online and same day to something decent, I think it’s a good deal with show viewing — we only do dessert parties for the viewing.

Doh! I should have checked my email first before asking. I have the same one. I completely forgot and didn’t even notice the numbers at the bottom. Thank you so much! This will come in handy if I have a problem. We will be there in 3 weeks. I hope all goes smoothly with your CL FPs!
But don’t they close at like 9 or something? I swear we had a report on that but I’m on the go right now.

Also if your CLFP is closed won’t you get an Anytime FP?

Monday I booked ours for September 6-16th. I did 8 days of CL PF+, I didn't see a need for extra FP+ at Epcot. The woman I talked to, Allie, was very helpful. It took almost an hour to get everything done. I had to change things around while I was on the phone because I could not duplicate the CL FP+ with a normal FP+. I stated that I should be able to since the 3 CL ones are paid for and she said the reason is because the FP system will take both on the first ride. I call BS on that but it is what it is. I know it will make our days a lot easier knowing we can take our time between rides and shop, snack or just relax without waiting in line as long. The only problem I see is if one of our HS days is a total washout with rain. Then it will be a waste of money.

Edit: Also when we booked our nighttime viewings, she stated I had good timing as that part will be going away on the 16th.

But don’t they close at like 9 or something? I swear we had a report on that but I’m on the go right now.

I didn’t notice a closing time so thanks for the heads up! All of my CL FPs are early morning so hopefully I won’t need them.

I think you are right about the anytime FP. I guess it works like any other FP if a ride goes down??

normal office hour for DSS is 9am-5pm EST

Edit: Also when we booked our nighttime viewings, she stated I had good timing as that part will be going away on the 16th.

humm...... I wonder if its because too many people cancel the dessert party and go for the CL FP+, like I did. I don't know if I would buy the CL FP+ without the nighttime viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter