• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Treehouse wheelchair rooms

Disneyfn420

DIS Veteran
I read that the Treehouses only have 4 rooms with ramps. Does anyone know which one they are? If I call to book would it be guaranteed? My mom needs knee surgery and uses an ECV so we'd need a ramp guaranteed. She can't do stairs. I'm trying to see where they would be located so I'd know if we'd need to use the bus system. I know the Treehouses are remote already but would prefer to be closer to the main area.

Which main area are you talking about?

If it's the Saratoga area, all of the Treehouses are pretty far. If she is using an ECV, that might not matter that much anyway since she could drive it there (paved paths).

You need to book a wheelchair accessible Treehouse to get the ramp.

Wheelchair accessible is a guaranteed category.

There isn't really a Main area in the THV part, only a pool. There are only two bus stops, one on each 'end' so to speak but these are only to transfer to the main buses over at SSR. For everything else you will have to go over to the Carriage house in the main part of SSR. The THV are very remote and I would not stay there without a vehicle. Without a vehicle, you will be doing a lot of walking and wasting a lot of time on buses since you always have to transfer which is even more time consuming when using an ECV. I would not walk through the wooded areas if I were there. I would definitely stay on the pavement!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter