Treehouse Villas

daisydog2

Mouseketeer
My husband wants to stay at the treehouse villas after our cruise in June of 2014. I love staying at SSR, we walk to DTD every night. But I'm not so sure of the treehouse's.
I've read the posts here regarding the treehouses but was wondering if anyone can tell me which Treehouse they prefer and why.

Thanks!!!:wave2:

We just completed our first trip to the THV's for NYE this year. We loved it.

I thought that our location was almost perfect. We stayed in unit 7037.

This is what we liked about that location:
* There were 5 parking spots at our entrance so parking was never an issue (and we were there at a peak time)
* It was right across the street from the pool (which we had to ourselves every time we used it)
* It had a golf course view which was cool. Very few golfers actually observed.
* Location was close enough to the path to the Grandstand. If you're going to take the buses, this is the only way to go! Grandstand is the first stop so you always get a seat and don't have to wait for the transfer from the THV bus.
* We did use the THV bus when we wanted to go to the main area.
* Boat dock is a short walk from any of the south units. Originally I thought that one on the water would be nice but after visiting, the boats blow their loud whistles all day long. That would get old quick. I'd stay away from the water because of this. We took the boat to DTD once and it worked great. Nothing wrong with the THV's if you're going DTD. You could use the boat to get to the Carriage House area if you need.

* It was very nice to have a car while we were there as we did a grocery run on our first day there. We did a mix of bus/car to the parks based upon the plans each day. Both modes were great.

We only used the villa for breakfast and snacks, but it certainly is a full function kitchen. I might schedule a BBQ dinner next time we visit. I"m sure that we'll be back and I'll ask to be in the same basic location. 7036 was also a nice unit and 7035 might be even better as it gets you one more unit closer to the Grandstand path and THV bust stop. We just put in a request to get a unit in the south end prior to our trip. We did not do online registration and got there early. This was the unit that they had us assigned to. I couldn't have been happier.

Some people prefer the north areas if they aren't using the bus as I've heard reports of getting delayed behind buses loading. We only waited once for about 3 minutes so it wasn't a big problem. People may differ in opinions, but I'd say south end is the way to go. Good luck!

We too were in pp area right in front of the bus stop and a few steps from the path to SSR. I loved that area - we requested to be near the path since my parents were staying at SSR. The pool at THV is great and I too had it to myself Christmas week and last Feb during Presidents week when it was 85 degrees! We do take advantage of the grill - we always buy the charcoal that is self starting and grill a few nights.

Enjoy

We had a treehouse in the south end in March and loved it. We were right near the bus stop though we never really used it. We had an easy walk to both the boat dock and the walkway to Grandstand (which we used when we went to the parks). Loved having our own BBQ and threw a party for 20+ friends the night before we all sailed together. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter