Treehouse Villas Points going up in 2013

Queenie122

Mouseketeer
Bummer! (And I hope this hasn't been posted already)

Fiance and I were on the tour last week, we've been going back and forth with buying into DVC for a couple of years now but we've never taken the official tour.

Up until this point we've only seen a DVC room in the NY Doorway to Dreams location (BLT rooms). This visit we stayed in BWV with a friend on her points and we got to see the full SSR rooms, Aulani room, AK room and the Treehouse Villa model. We even got a (shush!) peek into the construction of the future GF model. Pretty!

Anyhoo, our big hold up has always been where we want our home resort to be. Well, that and the cost ;) . We're not blind to financing / resale argument either. But first we have to decide where we want our home resort to be.

Because we have three kids (12, 8, 8) space is an issue for some trips. Up until recently we were really leaning towards SSR and the ability to book at the Treehouses and get the great value of the "extra" room for privacy.

:rolleyes:

Next year the Treehouse Villa points are being reallocated to a three bedroom unit instead of a two. Like our guide said, Disney isn't stupid.

We saw the 2013 points chart but I didn't write it down and I forgot the actual point value. Sorry! But it's definitely happening. AT least we found out before making our decision and using that as a huge reason for choosing SSR as our home resort. I would have been QUITE unhappy.

:confused3

Bummer! ...Next year the Treehouse Villa points are being reallocated to a three bedroom unit instead of a two. Like our guide said, Disney isn't stupid.

We saw the 2013 points chart but I didn't write it down and I forgot the actual point value. Sorry! But it's definitely happening. AT least we found out before making our decision and using that as a huge reason for choosing SSR as our home resort. I would have been QUITE unhappy.

:confused3

Old news.

Sorry, but this is actually old news, lol. I think it was released sometime last spring? Not sure...

Next year the Treehouse Villa points are being reallocated to a three bedroom unit instead of a two. Like our guide said, Disney isn't stupid.

Yes, the points for a Treehouse are going up, and will be a little more than a SSR 2-bedroom. But it will still be far, far less than a SSR GV. You can check the point charts by clicking on the link at the top of this page.

Whoops, Sorry! lol Our guide made it seems like the points guide hadn't gone out yet and since I am new to this whole thing I didn't know. Probably should have though since this is not the first time I knew something from the DIS board before someone at Disney did!

Sorry again :upsidedow

Whoops, Sorry! lol Our guide made it seems like the points guide hadn't gone out yet and since I am new to this whole thing I didn't know. Probably should have though since this is not the first time I knew something from the DIS board before someone at Disney did!

Sorry again :upsidedow

There a lot of "guides" who don't know as much as many of the members on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter