Treehouse Villas Parking & Transportation

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
THV started their soft opening yesterday. Has anyone heard yet how things are actually running?

Bus routes? Shuttle bus to Springs, or all 7 stops serviced by main bus?

Parking at the villas... how many cars fit? We'll have a mini van and a full sized sedan. I'm hoping they'll both fit at the villa.

What is the walk to the Carriage House really like?

I heard: walk way to Grandstand bus station and/or 2 bus stops at the Treehouse that will take you to SSR bus stops. There are no buses directly to any park. There is a boat launch, I think to DTD? There are 2 parking spots per villa.

Ok am the only one that thinks that light fixture in the tub/shower is dangerous, is water from the shower not going to get into that? I have never seen a hanging fixture on the back wall of a tub/shower. :confused3

Also I think if they bus everyone from there to the SSR, that is just ridiculous, who makes these decisions. :scared1:

Ok am the only one that thinks that light fixture in the tub/shower is dangerous, is water from the shower not going to get into that? I have never seen a hanging fixture on the back wall of a tub/shower. :confused3

Also I think if they bus everyone from there to the SSR, that is just ridiculous, who makes these decisions. :scared1:

Look again - it isn't on the shower wall. It's a reflection or double image of the fixture over the sink.

Thanks Tara, I was thinking that was really going to be one hot shower. :scared1:

I heard: walk way to Grandstand bus station and/or 2 bus stops at the Treehouse that will take you to SSR bus stops. There are no buses directly to any park.
Is that based on actual observations since the soft opening started, or on the conflicting reports folks were getting when talking to Member Services?

I find it hard to believe that their won't be bus service. I guess time will tell.

I find it hard to believe that their won't be bus service. I guess time will tell.

I sent an email to MS and they confirmed that there will NOT be direct bus service to the parks -- only connecting service. I have heard (on these boards) that there may have been a change to that plan.

I sent an email to MS and they confirmed that there will NOT be direct bus service to the parks -- only connecting service. I have heard (on these boards) that there may have been a change to that plan.

I was at OKW last week and took a bus over to SSR from MK... when we were entering the resort there was a bus coming out that was displaying "Treehouse villas" as it's destination. I actually did a double take since I didn't think they had opened yet :lmao:

Don't know whether they were testing the route or the driver did it by accident but he was definitely coming out of SSR and making a right turn. All I could think was that if I got on at the Grandstand and the bus not only had to go through the whole resort but 2 more stops in THV, it would take a mighty long time to get to the park! :scared1:

I'm not really sure what the best option is. I agree, six stops on the bus would be difficult to accept. The only advantage may be that the frequency might increase to accommodate the extra people. Having an internal bus for the THV does seem like a compromise that would be most acceptable. My guess is that there will be changes until they get it right.

ADDED TO POST:

I might add that the one time we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, our bus stopped at the Swan, at the Dolphin, at the Beach Club and I think there was as stop at the Yacht Club for a total of five stops. It was a miserable trip. The four stops at SSR are already a lot and generally there is not seating available by the time the bus gets to the Springs.

Well, not that they've asked me to figure this one out for them, but what I'd do is create two loops at SSR - east and west. The east loop would have Springs, Congress Park, Carousel and Paddock. The west loop would have Grandstand and I guess the 2 THV stops

There, problem solved. :laughing:

I hope that buses eventually run from the THVs to the parks. I had been told by MS that there would only be internal buses then I confirmed this with a guide. BUT, then I read that that plan had been changed to running park buses through THV within the last couple weeks. I can't wait to find out what the opening reports are and as time goes on, I'm certain it will change.

I feel like I'm the only person on Earth not bothered by the time it takes to ride on the buses. We're never bothered to use them and hopefully we can teach our son the same patience because he will be our decided factor on how enjoyable those buses rides are in a few years :lmao:! He's only 15 months right now, so we haven't had to worry with the "how much longer" nagging!

Does anyone know if the villas are handicapped accessible? I looked at the pictures and it doesn't seem likely since there are stairs to access the room.

Thanks

I heard that two of the THV are handicapped accessible. I think the issue will be if there is only internal transportation...you would have to board one bus to Springs, then another one to the parks. But if you have a car, you should be able to park fairly close.

Thanks DOINGITAGAIN for the info. We have a car with a handicapped parking sign so the transportation isn't a problem. We have found a car is easier than the bus with a wheelchair and handicapped parking is great at all the parks except Magic Kingdom.

Does anyone know if the villas are handicapped accessible? I looked at the pictures and it doesn't seem likely since there are stairs to access the room.

Thanks

As previously mentioned, there are two accessible villas. Over at Mouse Steps there are some great pictures of the two villas (exterior only) demonstrating the access to the villas which are 10 feet off of the ground.

There are also great pictures of the trails and a video of the boat access.

I just see having to transfer buses at the end of a long day, lugging a couple of kids along, as a big drawback at staying at the THV. I think I would only stay there if I had my own car to go to and from the parks.

I'm going to be interested in hearing how things actually work out.

It will be interesting how things turn out. I posted on another thread that I think there are several groups of folks THV will not appeal to.

One is the people who depend on bus transporation. I can't see how they could justify a dedicated bus for 60 villas, and the internal bus to SSR certainly sounds like a nightmare in many situations.

People who stay at THV are going to have larger groups anyway -- can you imagine dragging a family with 4-5 kids back from MK after closing with the waits and transfers that will involve? Want some REAL fun? Try going from THV any other resort for dinner! THV to SSR...SSR to DTD or a park...from there to the other resort. And then back later.

Maybe nobody asked Tara to work on a solution, but they should! That suggestion sounds a lot better than the current plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter