Treehouse Villas - anyone else disappointed?

I just returned from a week long trip to the World, and for the first time ever, I stayed in the Treehouse Villas.

I'm a DVC member (since 2000) and I've got at least 30 trips under my belt, at various resorts, so I'm not a newbie.

I have to say, I was let down by Treehouse Villas this trip, it was far too dark, and I felt like I was in the woods of New Hampshire, versus sunny Florida. It set the tone for the entire trip.

Anyone else feel this way after staying there? :confused:

No more THV trips for me! :(

....:confused:........and you didn't know this ahead of time:confused:. just saying

we stayed there for a few nights last january, they were convenient, we were right next to the boat dock, but they are pretty small for 3 bedrooms. we much perfer okw. ss is my home resort, but okw is our favorite resort, love the big big units (2 bedroom)

leaving in 28 days for akl and akv and cant wait to stay there.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but seems like these, or at least the original Treehouse units were built, (along with the Bungalows and other houses) to support those attending events at the Disney institute. Am I thinking correctly?

We stayed at the DI Bungalows Jan 2000 and remember seeing the Treehouse units and being very jealous..but we did enjoy the feeling of seclusion while we were there, all the time only a bus ride away from all the magic. In fact we were very sorry to see it all torn down and replaced by SSR.

Sorry you were disappointed, and please pardon me if I'm confusing the location of your stay with what I remember.

Hope you all are having a magical weekend!!
:goodvibes

They were actually built before the Disney Institute. We stayed there in the 1970's. They were just rented out for vacations. That was before the institute even existed. Then they were use for the institute, and then they were used for college program kids. They fell into disrepair and had to be majorly rehabbed before becoming part of SSR. I really want to stay there again.

We stayed there last year and I didn't really care for it either. Our location was closer to the road. Also only being able to park one car there was an issue since we were 2 families each with their own cars.

They were actually built before the Disney Institute. We stayed there in the 1970's. They were just rented out for vacations. That was before the institute even existed. Then they were use for the institute, and then they were used for college program kids. They fell into disrepair and had to be majorly rehabbed before becoming part of SSR. I really want to stay there again.

Thanks for the info, laceemouse, that's very interesting. I find the history of DW fascinating, how it all came to be what it is today, and since our first trip was only twelve years ago I'm not clear on many of the points of history. I do miss what was there and haven't been able to find out much about that area's original development on the internet....

:goodvibes

We stayed there in December with my in laws. We all loved it. As far as I am concerned, the more who don't like it the better. It's one of those that most times of the year you really need to book at the 11 month window. The less trying to book the easier it is for us to get in.

I have always been enamored with the Treehouses. We live in the middle of a National Forest because we love the woods and the outdoors. We also like seclusion and privacy, lol. I am sure at some point we will stay at the TH, but I completely understand why someone would not be happy there if they don't want seclusion in the woods! :goodvibes

For now we are very happy at the Polynesian mainly because of the transportation options and because it's fun to be in a completely different theme from where we live (we don't have palm trees here, lol).

We stayed at the TH in June/July - though we loved the tree houses themselves we will not be staying at them again. They were too far away from everything. We are a family that likes to return to our room mid/late afternoon and then go out again. It was a waste of time to do this because it took so long to get to and from the parks. From our doorstep, it took at least an hour to get to all of the parks. This really cramped our style. We usually stay at the Epcot resorts and maybe it is because we are so spoiled with having Epcot right there that we were soured on the tree houses.

These are the things we did like about SSR and the TH:
- the room was huge
- the food selection at SSR was very good
- the kids enjoyed the many pools
- our TH was on the water and the views were nice
- If it was just DH and I, we would have played golf on the course we crossed each day to get to the tree houses. The course looked beautiful.

Here is what we did not like:
- the walk to the main pool (10 minutes)
- the walk to the main bus stop (7-8 minutes) We are a fit family, and when I read here of people complaining, I just thought they did not get enough exercise... WRONG
- the wait for the buses was longer than other resorts and then once your bus finally arrived there were 4 more bus stops inside of SSR
- really it is all about time at Disney ... time is money in the world of Mickey... and we wasted a a lot of our time staying at the Tree houses.
- Oh yes... I am forgetting that the mattresses were horrible!!!!!

This was our 9th Disney trip, our fifth resort, and I have to say I do not plan on returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter