Treehouse rooms

Terri730

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the Treehouse rooms at SSR? I was just curious how you enjoyed them and the pros and cons of the room. Are they worth the points? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Terri

We really enjoyed our visit to the treehouses. We stayed in Jan 2010. There were 5 adults and 3 kids. There are 3 bedrooms but the cost is the same as the 2br villas.

pros...the treehouse is beautiful and very spacious
it is secluded, private and quiet.
we were near the boat dock
the point value is low for what you get

cons...if you dont' have a car, you have to take 2 buses to go anywhere
it is very secluded...meaning far from the main SSR, pool etc
doesn't have any feel of disney whatsoever..these treehouses could be plopped anywhere.

we went in january and it was very very cold...too cold to swim so we didn't mind that it was a car ride to the pool...if I was going in warm weather, I would request a villa near a pool.

Would I stay there again...you bet:thumbsup2

We had a great time in the tree houses. I was so afraid because there were such conflicting stories at the time--this was Oct of 2009. It was wonderful. Buses were always there. Lots of room with great views. We own Ssr and Akv and swap each year. Will definitely stay there again.

We stayed there May 2010; 4 adults. It's our least favorite DVC property. It's too remote for us. We are pool people and we like being able to pop into the stores frequently. The villas are nicely appointed.

They're spectacular. Beautiful, peaceful, luxurious. The walk to the main SSR area is only about 10-15 minutes depending on where you are. Buses run continuously. Boat to SSR and DTD. Even the cons others have given are pros for me. Love them. :goodvibes

i agree with pretty much everything that the previous posters have said. we stayed there the last week of january. there were 4 adults and 4 kids. we all loved it! in fact, i wish we spent more time in the villas! lol!

one thing i will disagree with is that you do NOT need a car. that's a personal opinion though as i know that having a car in general is something that is widely debated.

we had villa #7040 and we never took the THV bus. we just walked to the grandstand bus stop. it was literally a 7-8 minute walk and saved so much time! plus, it's a nice walk and great scenery.

i miss the THV. what a great trip that was! my cousins (11, 9, and 7) loved it and my 19 month old son loved being able to run around the villa and play peekaboo around the island in the kitchen! :)

I have a question, would a pack n play fit in the 2nd bedroom?

I am thinking about where to stay for a trip next Jan/Feb with a 5-6mo old, we also will have a 6yo and a 3yo. I think the big kids would LOVE the bunk bed room and it would be nice to have the baby in his/her own room.

We will have a car so transportation not a concern. Thanks!!

I have a question, would a pack n play fit in the 2nd bedroom?

I am thinking about where to stay for a trip next Jan/Feb with a 5-6mo old, we also will have a 6yo and a 3yo. I think the big kids would LOVE the bunk bed room and it would be nice to have the baby in his/her own room.

We will have a car so transportation not a concern. Thanks!!

I think it would be very tight. There is not that much room around that bed in the 2nd bedroom.

We loved them. Agree with the pros and cons already stated. Personally, I don't think I would stay there without a rental car but if you aren't in a hurry and don't mind the bus system, it certainly is doable.

Having the three bedrooms is wonderful and the kids loved it. This means our living room can stay in "couch mode" which always makes the stay more relaxing.

I didn't like the interior lighting. It is so dark and almost no lamps are on the switch. They all have to be manually turned on and even then, barely enough light.

I didn't like the interior lighting. It is so dark and almost no lamps are on the switch. They all have to be manually turned on and even then, barely enough light.

you're right! it WAS a bit dark!

a pack n play would fit in the 2nd br. it might be a little tight but definitely will fit. we had the pack n play in that room for the two nights dh and i had alone with our son before our guests came.

also, this will sound weird but the p-n-p fits in the master bathroom! lol!

We love them except for the fact that there is a queen size bed in the master bedroom instead of a king.

The pack and play fit with the bunk beds.

We loved the treehouse stay, and hope to do one again.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter