tree of life.....

FIVEFANS

Mouseketeer
If you are not going to go to the Bugs Life can you get right by the Tree of Life? Where? Last year I looked..... I thought a map I had had a trail..... couldn't find one.....

If you are not going to go to the Bugs Life can you get right by the Tree of Life? Where?

Sure.

One way is to go in the ENTRANCE pathway to ITTBAB, and walk all way to the entrance to the waiting area... then, just walk on back out the way you came.
You will see lots of the "animal carvings" directly along, and near, that pathway.

Another way is to go in the EXIT pathway to ITTBAB, and walk all way PAST the exit doors from the show... and keep going all the way through to near the "Africa" entrance.
This is what I call the "secret path" on the map below.

DAK-D_Isle-Paths_1.jpg

On my last visit after exiting ITTBAB i actually looked to the left and wondered what was that way, but the flow of traffic lead me to believe we weren't supposed to go that way...

On my last visit after exiting ITTBAB i actually looked to the left and wondered what was that way, but the flow of traffic lead me to believe we weren't supposed to go that way...

You may exit in either direction.

If you want to pick up your STROLLER, however, you need to go to the right.

The best way to do it, IMHO, is to enter from behind the temporary tattoo stand in Discovery Island (opposite the Baby Care Center). We spent almost an hour on that path the other day. We got great views of the tree, and also of the kangaroos and lemurs and I forget what else. The other end of the path is behind the ITTAB FP machines. We did the Wild by Design tour and that path was what the tour guide recommended as her favorite, and it was *so* worth it.

I can't tell on Robo's map, but I *think* the path he's marked is a different one and that the one I'm thinking of starts a bit below the one he's marked on the left hand side, then curves around and exits near the bottom. I'm pretty sure we did both paths separately and they didn't really overlap.

There's also a path marked "Photo Trail" as you come over the bridge onto Discovery Island.

I'm not sure if the way I go is different, but since the picture shows the Tree of Life on your left, and the way I go, it's on your right, I'm thinking it is. Go in by the Fast Pass machines for ITTBAB. As you walk back, there's a plexiglass area with water (I forget what's in the water). As you walk along, you'll go under a nice little waterfall-

DSCF1004.jpg

and walk right along where the carvings are on your right-

DSCF1002.jpg

Robo, I just have one question about your fantastic map there.

...What the heck is "Aisa?" :lmao::hug:

Over on the west side of the tree, there is a character greeting area by what used to be the entrance to the attraction back when the park first opened.

Right behind this area is still the entrance to a path that takes you around the front of the tree, toward the "new" entrance over on the east side. This path will let you get a good view of the front of the tree. The other path, the one near the theater exit, will give you a close-up of the back of the tree. Neither one requires you to get in the actual queue for the attraction.

Oh well, sorry to beat the dead horse. CtL

I fear Robo's map has a slight error. If you take the trail closest to the gate to Africa, you come to a dead end. The wanted trail runs from behind the Fast Pass for Bugs life to the Tatoo stand mentioned above.

I know about the dead end trail because the first visit to AK we took found me laying on a bench with a masive headache that didn't go away for about 8 hours. It was a very nice peacful area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter