Tree Nut Allergy and WDW

AgletWDW

Mouseketeer
My DD has a tree nut allergy where we carry an epi pen. We have only had problems when she had raw nuts, but still try to stay away from any tree nuts cooked in food. How is WDW with this. I have already booked some ADR, I'm guessing I should go back and add a note. I did see there are a number of nut free restaurants. Anybody else deal with this?

They are the best! DS is allergic to treenuts and peanuts. He ate like a king at Disney. Be sure to note it on Every dining reservation and mention it again at the check-in podium at each meal ( you will probably find that more often than not they will mention it first as it is on the reservation). Once we were seated, they would have the chef come out and go over what they can and can't have. Every meal, even the buffets. It was amazing. My son was overjoyed!!
We didn't do many quick service, but they were knowledgeable as well. Oddly, that superb level of dealing with his allergies is one of the top reasons I can't wait to go back. It made me cry in a good way.

Oh that is great to hear! Honestly, her allergies aren't as bad as others, but I would hate for the first time going to WDW is also the first time we use the epi pen.

My 2 year)(1 at the time) old can't have gluten. Nothing as severe as tree nuts but she gets sick. Our vacation would have been spent with a screaming in pain toddler. I was so nervous because I don't let anyone feed her at home! I can't stop raving about how great and stress free dining was on my vacation. This was such a huge part of what made my vacation great!

Disney was phenomenal. I contacted special diets before I left and they sent me this awesome PDF of everywhere that had offerings for her. It was noted on all our reservations and every hostess asks us. The chefs spoke to us everywhere. Just like the poster above they were great everywhere including QS.

We have gone about 5xs with my daughter who has peanut/tree nut allergy and they have always been amazing with her, especially at 1900 Park Fare, they have always done a special dessert for her since there wasn't much on the buffet for dessert for her bc of the risk of cross contamination.

This is all great to hear. I just went in to see if I could put the note on my ADRs that there is a Tree Nut allergy in the group and I can't see how to modify it. Is it possible or do I have to call?

You can just let the podium know when you check in for your ADR. Don't forget to mention it to your server as well. Enjoy your trip

My son also has peanut/tree nut allergies and WDW is the one place I can truly relax. The chefs and restaurants are amazing. The Plaza restaurant is always a must do as they make him feel so special. You will have a blast. Have fun!

just remember that food can be brought in to the parks by other guests and eaten anywhere. one grandson has a peanut allergy. the only time he reacted was in a line for a ride and his reaction is immediate so it was not from eating. we never saw the peanut butter as it was that small. he never has had a problem in any restaurant at Disney

This is all great to hear. I just went in to see if I could put the note on my ADRs that there is a Tree Nut allergy in the group and I can't see how to modify it. Is it possible or do I have to call?

We've done this on our reservations many times. You have to select Special Requests and click on the allergies your child has. Wherever you go, the servers will know and a chef will come out and speak with you. Disney is great for this.

I have a peanut/tree nut and other allergies and the way they handle allergies is one reason why I love to vacation there. They make you feel safe, especially table service. I forgot to add allergy info before on an ADR, but that isn't a problem. You just let them know at the podium. A chef comes out to talk to you and will tour buffet with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter