Tree Lady at Animal Kingdom

LOVE Devine! we make a point to ask about her on every trip. She is the coolest! we have some really good video of her! i love to watch everyone's reaction too!

Our last trip was in March 2006 and we saw her. We hadn't heard of her because that was before I knew about the disboards, so it was a total surprise to turn around and there she was and there was no crowd around.

I had never heard of her and we were walking through AK towards Africa and saw a crowd gathering. Looked and looked before we actually were able to see her. She is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! It is almost mystical to see her, so quiet and calm in the midst of all that chaos :goodvibes. Love her!!

DeVine is amazing to see – she always stays so in character! Her schedule is posted on the information board located just after you cross the main bridge by the Tree of Life (by the coffee stand)

IMG_2306.jpg

EVERYTIME WE GO TO AK I ALWAYS LOOK FOR DEVINE. SHE WILL ALWAYS BE ON THE PATH AREA JUST AS YOU TURN RIGHT AND HEAD TOWARDS EVEREST. NOT FAR FROM THOSE DRUMS. SHE USUALLY HANGS AROUND THE SIDE PATH WHERE YOU HAVE THE MEET AND GREET. I ENJOY TAKING FRIENDS OVER THERE AND TELL THEM TO LOOK AT THE TREES TO SEE IF THEY CAN SEE HER. THAT TAKES TALENT. HAVEING TO STAY IN CHARACTER AND WALK ON STILTS AROUND PEOPLE AND ON SLIPPERY SURFACES IF IT WAS WET.

I guess I'm in the minority, I saw her and was surprised how unimpressive she was.
I thought she would be so cool to watch but she kind of just slowly walked around and posed for photos.
And most poses were the same, stand next to someone and raise her left leg in the air taking a 3 piont stance (2 arms, 1 leg)
Never really did anything, :confused3
Was just a person on stilts slowly walking around.
Parade performers on stilts were far more impressive.

i guess i'm in the minority, i saw her and was surprised how unimpressive she was.
I thought she would be so cool to watch but she kind of just slowly walked around and posed for photos.
And most poses were the same, stand next to someone and raise her left leg in the air taking a 3 piont stance (2 arms, 1 leg)
never really did anything, :confused3
was just a person on stilts slowly walking around.
thats the idea, she is supposed to move very suttlely so she isnt as noticeable. You could be walking along and she might just catch your eye. She is not supposed to be obvious.

I guess I'm in the minority, I saw her and was surprised how unimpressive she was.
Never really did anything, :confused3
Was just a person on stilts slowly walking around.

Well, I cannot walk on stilts and it probably takes a fair amount of talent, so it impresses me! :goodvibes She really looked cool on the WDW show they had on the Travel Channel with Samantha Brown. That is where I first saw her. Not everything can be impressive to everyone. Gosh, that would be boring...

She was on my "must see/do" list on our last trip (September). I ranked her right up there with EE (hadn't done that ride before... wasn't built yet) for AK. Checked the schedule, asked a couple of CMs for location (at the time, she was by Rainforest Cafe) and staked out the spot 30 mins ahead of time! :lmao: Got some nice shots. If anyone wants to see more shots of her, I'll post 'em. :surfweb:

We must be lucky, because we've managed to see DeVine every time we've been to AK!

I was going to say the same thing! She's always near Flights of Wonder when we've seen her and there is nearly always a crowd watching her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter