Tree Houses

I heard that they are really far away from everything in SSR and in need of a refurb, but great if you are going to do a relaxing trip.

Can anyone tell me if the tree houses are very popular?
They are usually the last of the 3 bed options to sell out. Probably the only ones ever available at the 7 month window. We really enjoyed our stay there, but we always have a car to make the transportation issue less important.

Availability is generally very good. Usually not a problem at 7 months, often open at 4 months.

How popular are they among visitors? Personally it doesn’t work for our typical trips where the focus is enjoying WDW together. I’d consider a treehouse when private time together is main priority, with WDW as the backdrop.

The Treehouse Villas are easily the most unique, reasonably point-priced offering in the 2-bedroom villa category. Some Treehouses offer breathtaking views of the Sassagoula River and the general feeling is one of a bubble within the Walt Disney World bubble.

However, depending on the needs and preferences of your party, the following experiential aspects may be more or less challenging.

1. Treehouses do not have assigned, dedicated parking and spaces are not all directly in front. There are also more Treehouses than parking spaces. One vehicle is permitted within the Treehouses and additional vehicles are to be parked at Saratoga Springs. The Grandstand is preferable for additional parking because the walkway to the Treehouses connects to this neighborhood.

2. The Treehouses and Saratoga Springs are connected by a walkway, not an internal road. When driving to the Carriage House, it is necessary to exit the Treehouses and enter Saratoga Springs through the main entrance.

3. The quiet pool is a nice, traditional rectangular pool. Spitting frogs add a decorative touch, but parties seeking a waterslide and more water features will likely be disappointed. Walking to the Grandstand Pool is easiest and the splash pad is enjoyable. Other pools are best accessed via bus or personal vehicle.

4. Treehouses in the northern loop, near the entrance, can feel quite distant from the core amenities of Saratoga Springs, such as the feature pool, restaurant, and quick service location. Regularly filling resort refillable mugs is also challenging as there is no station within the Treehouses loop.

5. Some Disney forums describe the Treehouses as being a short walk away from Disney Springs. Please know that this is not true. Treehouses in the northern loop, near the entrance, are a brisk 20-25 minute internal walk to the World of Disney store.

It seems like the two times we stayed there we had a designated parking space.
I remember parking near the Treehouse, but not having a numbered space corresponding to the Treehouse. If the spaces are now assigned, then that is a plus over open parking.

Agreed on the open parking - although - never found it to be an issue and often near the cabin.

Last edited:
I’ve also read that the bunk beds in the third BR are not twin size but smaller, so suitable only for kids. Is that true?

I’ve also read that the bunk beds in the third BR are not twin size but smaller, so suitable only for kids. Is that true?

Our perspective is that the bunkbeds are smaller and we attribute this to the design of the log cabin railings. Adults in our family sleep comfortably on the pulldown twin bed in other resorts, but the railings make the bunks an impossibility for even our smaller adults around 5'7" in height.

My brothers family stayed at the treehouses last month and were not fans. They said it was very far from everything, and they had to drive everywhere.

I remember some years ago when the treehouses were added as part of SSR. It was a HUGE deal and bonus at the time.
How things change over time….

we're trying them for the first time this weekend for two nights. I dropped two nights at my favorite BRV to give them a try.

We enjoyed our trip at the treehouse villa. We didn't mind the nice, quiet area. The deck is amazing. Parking is, honestly, a p.i.t.a. One of the "neighbors" decided that they were very special snowflakes, and drove right up to the door of their treehouse, and left the car, blocking the walkway for days. Other than that we loved it.

We loved the space of them but they are very far away from the main resort especially if you have little ones. The bugs were insane too though because of the amount of rain we had at the time.

They are usually the last of the 3 bed options to sell out. Probably the only ones ever available at the 7 month window. We really enjoyed our stay there, but we always have a car to make the transportation issue less important.
While there are 3 separate bedrooms, they sleep the same number of people as a 2 bedroom and the point value is 2 bedroom range. One bedroom has one bunk bed. That limits who can stay in that room. They also are found under the 2 bedroom category and not the 3 bedroom.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter