Tree House Villas

islandtimect

DIS Veteran
When do the treee house villas open? Is there a map that shows where these are located on SSR's property? The SSR map on the DVC website didnt' have them. Wondering how far they are from pools, restaurants, lobby, bus, boats, etc.

They are supposed to open June 1st.

This picture isn't the greatest for what you are looking for in the way of a map, but it does show the THV area, and in the smaller inset in the corner shows the area as compared to the greater SSR resort. One or two of the golf course's fairways are between the THV's and the rest of SSR.

P3080301.jpg

Maybe someone can explain to me why they are renting for the same as a 2 bedroom - both points and Cash ressies?

Is it because of their remoteness?
Can cars be parked right at the units?

Thanks in advance

Maybe someone can explain to me why they are renting for the same as a 2 bedroom - both points and Cash ressies?

Is it because of their remoteness?

Thanks in advance

It's because they sleep basically the same number of people. SSR 2Br sleep 8 (1K, 2Q, 1 Pullout in Dedicated). Treehouses sleep 9 (1Q, 1Q, Twin Bunk Bed, 1Q pullout 1Twin pullout)

It's because they sleep basically the same number of people. SSR 2Br sleep 8 (1K, 2Q, 1 Pullout in Dedicated). Treehouses sleep 9 (1Q, 1Q, Twin Bunk Bed, 1Q pullout 1Twin pullout)

Ahh makes perfect sense

Thanks

We've got one rented for October...so excited because I remember seeing the old ones on the boat ride from the former Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside) to the Downtown Disney area and wondering how cool it would be to stay in one. According to the blueprints and plans on dvcnews.com, some treehouses on the perimeter will have at-door parking, while most will require a walk from a parking lot. There's a boat dock that's fairly central (so a longer walk from the furthest-away treehouses) and a bus depot. We rarely do the buses, so that's not a big deal for us. There's also a pool, hot tub, and clubhouse under construction. Just search "treehouse" on the dvcnews site to find these drawings and also photos of the exterior and interior.

Skylynx--

So you can book Treehouses exclusively? I was curious how that worked. If it was a request and you lucked out if one was available or if you could book one.

We've got one rented for October...so excited because I remember seeing the old ones on the boat ride from the former Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside) to the Downtown Disney area and wondering how cool it would be to stay in one. According to the blueprints and plans on dvcnews.com, some treehouses on the perimeter will have at-door parking, while most will require a walk from a parking lot. There's a boat dock that's fairly central (so a longer walk from the furthest-away treehouses) and a bus depot. We rarely do the buses, so that's not a big deal for us. There's also a pool, hot tub, and clubhouse under construction. Just search "treehouse" on the dvcnews site to find these drawings and also photos of the exterior and interior.

Hi...no lucking out...more like hard labor! I sat on the phone on hold for MS for nearly three hours along with all the other determined people trying to get either Treehouse or BLT reservations (bookings for both opened the same day-what a fiasco-go figure). Had to leave the house before I got off hold and ended up stopping in a McDonald's parking lot when I finally got through because I was so afraid after three hours I'd lose my cell phone signal!

You can book the Treehouses exclusively just as you'd book a one or two bedroom or grand villa. Even though they are a bit remote, they will probably remain a hot property for a while since there are only 60 of them, plus they are a screaming value if you don't need space for more than 9 people (three bedrooms for a two bedroom price). We're having a combination birthday/family reunion and the size is just right for us. Not something we'll do often, because we usually don't need such a big place and prefer to conserve points, but we are sure looking forward to staying in one!

Thanks for the info.

Hi...no lucking out...more like hard labor! I sat on the phone on hold for MS for nearly three hours along with all the other determined people trying to get either Treehouse or BLT reservations (bookings for both opened the same day-what a fiasco-go figure). Had to leave the house before I got off hold and ended up stopping in a McDonald's parking lot when I finally got through because I was so afraid after three hours I'd lose my cell phone signal!

You can book the Treehouses exclusively just as you'd book a one or two bedroom or grand villa. Even though they are a bit remote, they will probably remain a hot property for a while since there are only 60 of them, plus they are a screaming value if you don't need space for more than 9 people (three bedrooms for a two bedroom price). We're having a combination birthday/family reunion and the size is just right for us. Not something we'll do often, because we usually don't need such a big place and prefer to conserve points, but we are sure looking forward to staying in one!

Yes, you will be able to park at or very close to each unit. If you look closely at the picture I posted above, you'll see little bumped out areas of the road near each unit - those are the parking areas.

That is the 1st time I have seen the Treehouse locations map and I am now VERY happy with my choice to forgo our THV reservation for this Sept./09 (Hope someone else was able to use it!)
We have 5 small children and if we'd gotten a THV at the top ... it would be a hike to any pool at SSR. Glad we changed our ressies to AKV... we'll try THV when they are older I think!
Thanks for posting that though!

Great map stopher1. Thanks. That's just the kind of information on the THVs that I've been dying to see.

Looks like the walk to the High Rock Spring Pool will be just about about 1/2 mile on foot for those THV units on the southeastern end of the woods. More like 3/4 mile for those in the northwest.

Thanks for the info, everybody. We'll also have to consider the far off location with 3 youngsters in tow. Why is it that we never get the good details we need to make decisions directly from Disney...:confused3

Here's a map that's from the DVC news site...this makes it seem like the bumped out areas next to each treehouse are the round decks, not a parking area. From this map it does not appear all units will have at-door parking. (Wish they did...wouldn't have to lug so much stuff!)

TreehousePictures.jpg

Nice shot skylynx, the plan definitely reveals it better than the map picture I posted - nice little bump outs by the road near the units - some closer than others, but still near the units.

Has anyone heard how the busses to the THV will run? Will there now be two additional stops on the SSR resort loop or will THV have their own busses?

Hi well our waitlist came through last night from boardwalk view studio at BWV to treehouse woo hoo, I was happy with BWV but we are thrilled to be able to try out the THV's.
I cannot wait to hear reviews and see photographs of them.:yay:

Great maps - thanks for sharing. :)

We're hoping to book one for next year's trip. Hopefully there will be loads of reviews posted by people who have stayed in them by the time our booking window opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter