• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tree House Villas Transportation ?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
For those that have stayed in the THV, what is your opinion of the bus shuttle transportation? Do u have to switch busses somewhere in the resort? We will have our own transportation. Just trying to weigh our options before making a decision.

We did the treehouses with various aged people.

The older folks took the bus from the villas to the Springs and transferred to the theme park busses.

And the reverse when coming home.

The younger folks walked (with the stroller) from the villas to the springs to pick up the busses. Could have got on the bus at Grandstand but chose to walk just a bit further to the Springs.
Coming home, always got off at Grandstand.

Never have a car at WDW. Stayed in a THV last year. Asked to be near the south bus stop and the walkway to Grandstand. My DH took the shuttle as he has respiratory issues, the rest of us walked over to either Grandstand or Springs multiple times a day. I have never had issues with the transportation system at Disney, except at night when it can get crowded when the parks close. We expect that and just deal with it.;)

Never have a car at WDW. Stayed in a THV last year. Asked to be near the south bus stop and the walkway to Grandstand. My DH took the shuttle as he has respiratory issues, the rest of us walked over to either Grandstand or Springs multiple times a day. I have never had issues with the transportation system at Disney, except at night when it can get crowded when the parks close. We expect that and just deal with it.;)

That's actually a good idea. Is it a far walk from the THV to the Grandstand bus stop? We will have varying ages from little folks to 60's.

You have to take a bus from the THV to SSR and then switch to a bus to whichever park you are going to. We didn't use the buses, we had our own car. Our THV was very close to the entrance, so it would have been quite a hike to walk to SSR. There are no sidewalks in the THV area, so it would have been on the street. If you do think you'll use the buses or walk to SSR, definitely make a request as others have mentioned.

One more thing. You are limited to one parking spot at the THV. If you have additional vehicles, you need to park them near the Grandstand.

You have to take a bus from the THV to SSR and then switch to a bus to whichever park you are going to. We didn't use the buses, we had our own car. Our THV was very close to the entrance, so it would have been quite a hike to walk to SSR. There are no sidewalks in the THV area, so it would have been on the street. If you do think you'll use the buses or walk to SSR, definitely make a request as others have mentioned.

This is NOT true. The path to SSR to the Grandstand is right next to the south bus stop. It is a well lit paved pathway which goes over a little bridge along the golf course. The Grandstand bus stop is maybe 5-10 minutes based on how fast you walk, and The Springs is a little farther. You do not walk to SSR on the highway or the street. We ate breakfast almost daily at the Springs' Artiste pallet and also used that pool. The walk is definitely doable for people in good health. and for people who walk at a slower pace. I am 57, my kids are in their 20's. My DH as I said before, used the shuttle more often due to respiratory issues, but always walked back to the THV at night from Grandstand. It was a very pleasant walk and often saw different animals along the way. You need to request THV near south bus stop and near pathway to SSR. We got exactly what we requested and it was perfect.

I wonder if we could drive over closer to a bus stop at either the GS or Spgs. I know there is a good size parking lot behind the DVC center, as well.

This is NOT true. The path to SSR to the Grandstand is right next to the south bus stop. It is a well lit paved pathway which goes over a little bridge along the golf course. The Grandstand bus stop is maybe 5-10 minutes based on how fast you walk, and The Springs is a little farther. You do not walk to SSR on the highway or the street. We ate breakfast almost daily at the Springs' Artiste pallet and also used that pool. The walk is definitely doable for people in good health. and for people who walk at a slower pace. I am 57, my kids are in their 20's. My DH as I said before, used the shuttle more often due to respiratory issues, but always walked back to the THV at night from Grandstand. It was a very pleasant walk and often saw different animals along the way. You need to request THV near south bus stop and near pathway to SSR. We got exactly what we requested and it was perfect.

I believe the PP stated that there were no sidewalks in the THV area which was correct. When you walk thru the THV section it is on the roads. The only sidewalks there are leading up to the villas themselves.

But yes - there are sidewalks that go between the THV area and SSR.

OP - when we stayed there we had a car but also used Disney transportation at times. It depended on our destination and also on if we wanted to stop at SSR to pick up anything either going or coming back. We never had a busy bus to/from the THV's so that was pleasant.

I wonder if we could drive over closer to a bus stop at either the GS or Spgs. I know there is a good size parking lot behind the DVC center, as well.

I don't see why not but the THV buses run very regularly and I would not see an advantage in doing so unless you were going on a little shopping trip too or had some reason you needed the car at SSR.

I am so sorry. You are right, there are no sidewalks along the road where the villas a re located. It was not real noticeable to us as we were directly across from the pathway, so very little walking on the road.:guilty:

Stayed at THV 2 years ago and am scheduled for next spring break again. I prefer having a car available. My son and his friend used the buses more than the rest of us did. While convenient, it took them 45 minutes to an hour on average getting from place to place. The car average 20 to 25 minutes for similar trips. (16 year olds, could not be with me and DW and his sister and her friend - they HAD to travel separately!)

I guess ultimately the decision will depend on how many of our famoly make the trip. There are 9 of us all together so thought THV might be fun for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter