Treasure Island FL, hotels

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that. I have never personally stayed there since my inlaws live in Treasure Island. But it looks so pretty from the outside. And like I said, my inlaws had their reception there in the party room looking out to the beach.

Maggie

We stayed at the Bilmar Beach Hotel last year after our Disney trip. I picked it because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and their website. I have to say this is probably the worst place I have ever stayed. It sure put a damper on what was previously a fantastic vacation. The rooms were flithy and I will leave it at that because thats how gross it was. The only positive I can say is it is a beautiful beach.

How was it filthy? The pictures and reviews are outstanding?? :confused3

How was it filthy? The pictures and reviews are outstanding?? :confused3

We arrived late and the first thing we noticed was a strong musty smell in the room. We tried to air it out while we went to dinner but when we returned it was still there. The carpeting was absolutely filthy. We went to bed and noticed the bedding had just sheets on it and a scarf. It got a little chilly that night so the next day I asked for extra blankets. They left the blankets after the maid "cleaned" and they had all tiny holes in them. The bathroom was gross as well. We had a short stay there and never again. The beach is absolutely beautiful though.

We've stayed at the Bilmar a few times and each time is was very nice. We had ocean view balcony suite every time and they were very clean. Never had a problem. Got a great deal on the rooms too.

I have stayed at Sunset Vistas before for a week and we LOVED it. Most of them are 2 bedroom condo type places with 2 bathrooms and a terrace. I would highly recommend this place. Not sure of prices this time of year, we went off season one year and the price was fantastic for a week stay on the beach in Treasure Island.

Hope that helps you.

We love Sunset Vistas too! We have stayed there several times. I especially like the conveniently located ice cream shop next door!

Bilmar is ok. If being close to the water is a big deal, check out a satelite image. There is a good distance of beach between you and the water.

We didn't really care for it.

We love Sunset Vistas too! We have stayed there several times. I especially like the conveniently located ice cream shop next door!

Oh yeah, we made daily walks over to that ice cream place. They had really good stuff at a decent price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter