• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travelzoo Offer- Orlando $99

jgreco

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this link will work, pulled out of my email. If not, hopefully you can locate it on the site.
http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deal...ampaign=1321147_html_south-florida_deal:26546

Copy/paste from deal
$99 - 4-Star Hotel near Disney incl. Breakfast, 60% Off

Highlights

Family getaway for 2 adults and 2 children to an Official Walt Disney World Hotel for 60% off regular rates
Stay at the 4-star Buena Vista Palace through March -- including weekends
$99 for 1 night in a Water View room (reg. $199); upgrade to a room overlooking Epcot and Downtown Disney for $10 more (reg. $209)
Breakfast for 2 (reg. $40)
Transportation to Disney theme parks
Waived nightly resort fee of $17, which covers parking, Wi-Fi and access to the full-service spa and fitness center
Purchase multiple vouchers to stay multiple nights

The Deal

A family vacation to Orlando is no fantasy with this exclusive $99-per-night deal at an Official Walt Disney World Hotel across the street from Downtown Disney. This getaway for two adults and two children at the 4-star Buena Vista Palace shaves 60% off regular rates through March – including weekends.

Wake up in a room with a private balcony overlooking the lake or pool or upgrade to a room overlooking Downtown Disney Area for $10 more.

With this deal, guests can energize with breakfast for two adults -- even at the resort's Disney character breakfast on Sunday's – then hop on a complimentary shuttle to the parks. After a day at the parks, grab a bite at one of the resort's five restaurants, take a dip in one of three pools or play a round of golf on one of five championship courses.

The $17-per-night resort fee has been waived with this deal, covering parking, in-room Wi-Fi and access to the full-service spa and fitness center.

Wow, great deal. Thanks for sharing. We've never stayed there but heard it's a nice place to stay and very convenient.

I got this deal on Wednesday and bought 2 nights, staying there in November to save the Friday/Sat dvc points.
This is a great deal, we stayed there in April and enjoyed the resort very much. It is right across the street from DTD.
One of best things about the deal is that on Sundays they have a character breakfast and it is included in the $99 deal.

Hmmmm. I got the email about it and didn't think it was that great. But it includes a character breakfast! We may stay there, thanks OP!

The character breakfast is only on Sundays, otherwise it is a buffet. Just wanted to be sure you aren't disappointed!

The food was pretty much your basic buffet: omelet station, fruit, etc. Don't think we would pay OOP each day for it but as it is included it is a great deal!

Yup, Sunday is perfect for the brunch, we will be staying on a Sat night (also to save DVC points!). Thanks!

So, we were wondering what to do for the couple of days we'll be off Disney property for our Feb Trip (currenty booked for POR for 9 days). We want to go to Discovery Cove one day and possibly go visit my Uncle in Spring Hill another day. We realize we'd have to rent a car to do that, and I'm wondering if we should book this hotel for those two or three days, to save money (there's the car rental money) and also to experience a different hotel for a couple nights.

Question #1: Should I do those nights first or last in our 9 day trip?
#2: Does this hotel have an airport shuttle? Because we'd be giving up Magical Express either coming or going, depending on what we'd be doing.

BTW, I see some of the hotel reviews that mention you use Disney transportation to get around?? ( I assume they're riding into DTD area and walking to the hotel) Is this an accepted 'thing'?

So, we were wondering what to do for the couple of days we'll be off Disney property for our Feb Trip (currenty booked for POR for 9 days). We want to go to Discovery Cove one day and possibly go visit my Uncle in Spring Hill another day. We realize we'd have to rent a car to do that, and I'm wondering if we should book this hotel for those two or three days, to save money (there's the car rental money) and also to experience a different hotel for a couple nights.

Question #1: Should I do those nights first or last in our 9 day trip?
#2: Does this hotel have an airport shuttle? Because we'd be giving up Magical Express either coming or going, depending on what we'd be doing.

BTW, I see some of the hotel reviews that mention you use Disney transportation to get around?? ( I assume they're riding into DTD area and walking to the hotel) Is this an accepted 'thing'?

I say do the Buena Vista Palace the last 2 nights - when you get to WDW the first thing the kids are going to want to do is get to the parks.

I believe they have an airport shuttle although it is not free. If you are renting a car for the last 2 days then maybe think about seeing if you can return the car to the airport.

There are no direct busses from the parks to DTD so I don't think taking the Disney busses are really practical. You would have to go to a hotel first to transfer. The Buena Vista Palace does participate in the DTD hotels shared bus service which is free (can't speak to how it works as we drive to the parks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter