Travelling to the Beach without a car

jaymesmom617

Earning My Ears
My girlfriends and I are taking a girls only trip to Disneyland in November. Our flight gets in around 1:30 pm on a Wednesday. One of the ladies wants to try to go to the beach that afternoon. We will not have a car, since we were planning on taking a shuttle to DL. Any suggestions on the best way to get to the beach? She suggested taking public transportation but, I am not sure about that. Any help on the best way to get there and the best beach to go to?
TIA!

You can go to Santa Monica on regular public transport bus. http://bigbluebus.com/Routes-and-Schedules/Route-3.aspx I did it this past June. The bus picks up and drops off at the LAX Metro Transport Centre in Lot C. The journey takes between 40 minutes and an hour each way. The cost is $1 dollar each way , payable to the driver

At Santa Monica you can go down to the beach or go to the world famous pier. There is also great shopping at Santa Monica Place Mall and on the pedestrian centre called 3rd Street Promanade

Were you planning on going to DLR first, then heading to the beach? Or doing the beach first, then heading down to DLR? If the latter, the pp has good info for you. If the former, you might enjoy Huntington Beach. Depending on how many of you will be sharing the ride, you can take a cab or try Uber.

Were you planning on going to DLR first, then heading to the beach? Or doing the beach first, then heading down to DLR? If the latter, the pp has good info for you. If the former, you might enjoy Huntington Beach. Depending on how many of you will be sharing the ride, you can take a cab or try Uber.
When we were at DL several years ago, we spent a day at Huntington Beach and really liked it!:thumbsup2 We rented a car though, so it was a little easier I would imagine. :goodvibes ENJOY your DL trip!:thumbsup2

Any suggestions on the best way to get to the beach? She suggested taking public transportation but, I am not sure about that. Any help on the best way to get there and the best beach to go to?
If I'm understanding you will be arriving at LAX at 1:30, want to go to the beach, return to LAX to take a shuttle to Disney?

We are open to going straight to the beach. But, with our luggage I was think it would be best to head to our hotel first and drop it off.

Okay, so you get into LAX at 1:30PM, take the shuttle to your hotel, check in, drop of luggage and
then head to the beach. I figure at least 2 hours before you are in your hotel room (maybe longer)
so we'll say 4PM. You could go to Huntington Beach. Two busses with a three block walk about 2
hours. Taxi about $50. Uber about $30. Each way about 25 min. You could go to Balboa. About 2.5
hours. Taxi about $75. Uber about $30. Each way about 25 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter