• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveller cheques & DTD & Hotel question!

Poohbear85

Earning My Ears
Cramming as many questions as i can into one post!!

I'm leaving for disney in a short 11 days!!! :cool1: and i have several questions even after lurking on the board ;) that i hope you guys can answer for me.

I was just wondering if traveller cheques are widely accepted in disneyland and the surrounding area.

As well as do you need a ticket in order to enter downtown disney area? So far the plan is to head a day early and not use up one of our 3 day hoppers but instead just to check out the shops and dine at DTD.

And the last question is, has anyone stayed at Best western pavillions? if so what are your thoughts on it and how far is the walk? i've read several reviews and they have varying times from 15-30 minutes?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I haven't used travelers cheques in so many years - not since atms are all over. I don't see why they wouldn't be widely accepted - I remember using them there years ago.

You do not need a park ticket for DD.

Disneyland does accept Travellers Cheques, BUT Disneyland doesnt take any foreign Traveller cheques.

like American Express Travellers Cheques is fine... but just make sure its in US dollars.

We used American Express Traveller Cheques on our last visit to DL and found that our hotel (Paradise Pier) would only cash $100.00 per room per day, as well we needed to have our passport/photo id in order to cash them. Within the parks and DTD there didn't seem to be a problem, every once in a while a store clerk would ask for photo I.D. but when I said I didn't have it with me, they let me cash them.

I use travellers checks, and last time we were in Disneyland, I was out of cash and we wanted churros - he accepted it at the churro stand no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter