Traveling without both parents

Melora

Disney Dreaming
I was wondering if anyone was asked for a notorized paper when traveling with kids from a previous marriage?

My dh and I are traveling with 2 of my kids from my previous marriage (17, 11) and then our adopted daughter and bio son. I have passports for everyone and I do have a notorized piece of paper from my ex saying I can travel out of the country with my 11 year old. Will I be asked for it and wil I get any grief since my last name is different then thiers now? I am only bringing passports, no birth certificates.

My case is not exactly the same but has some similarities.
I travelled with my daughter who is 11. I am still married but my hubbie did not come on the trip. My daughter and I also have different last names as I retained my maiden name legally.
I did bring the notarized document saying he knew we were travelling etc. (needed it for US Immigration as we are Canadian), but was never asked for it by any of the DCL cruise line staff.

I run into the same situation quite often as my daughter and I travel without my husband, and I too kept my maiden name.

I always bring the notarized form along with her passport just in case. I do not bring her birth certificate. I have never been asked for the notarized form, but I'm not willing to take a chance on being denied boarding without the form!

I just cruised with my 2 kids and my husband. I did get a notarized note from my ex-husband, and was never asked for it. I used passports only for the whole family, no BC. I think if you have it, bring it. It's the one time you don't have it that you'll be asked for it!

Thanks for the replies!

I will have the notarized paper with me.

When we traveled to Russia last year to adopt our daughter my now 17 year went with us and I was never asked for anything. And I boarded the intercontental flight without my husband (I was meeting him along the way) and they didnt ask for anything concerning our 5 year who went with us. But you never know who will decide to be a stickler for rules and always better to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter