traveling with multiples!!

Pea-n-Me said:
Great pictures everyone, the children are beautiful! I agree the sunset beach photo is spectacular. :thumbsup2

Kristen, you have to try Palo!! :cloud9:

Thanks I like the picture too...wish the kids looked a bit happier....

I tried tonight to get a Palo ressie since I was away when they opened up..and could not get anything..what do you suggest?????

Disneytwinz said:
I totally love the picture of the girls in blue dresses on the beach! They are all wonderful!

oh my gosh your kids are too cute.....

How did your yard sale go make any money for WDW??????

I tried tonight to get a Palo ressie since I was away when they opened up..and could not get anything..what do you suggest?????
Don't worry about it. Once you get on the ship and things are settled, there are openings for both the brunch and the dinner. Don't even waste time standing in line on embarkation day. Just wait a day or two, then call them or go up to the Palo desk, they will have gotten things squared away and will have almost definitely have a nice spot to fit you in. If not then, then later in the cruise.

In February, we'd done both the dinner and the brunch. We received a call from the Palo staff in our stateroom toward the end of the week asking if we'd like to come to dinner again. :confused3 It made me wonder if it was deliberate hype all this "can't get Palo ressies". We have never had trouble getting in for either the brunch or the dinner.

For our '07 cruise we have 26 people going. That might be a little tough, LOL. We found this year that it's kind of confusing when you're a Castaway Club member and can make ressies early, but the first time cruisers you're with, can't. Online it's difficult to work it. But in person it's easier.

OT but do you know about bringing plain pillowcases to have the characters sign? Bring some to match your girls' bedrooms, along with some nice Sharpies, and drop them off to Guest Services at the beginning of your cruise marked with your stateroom # (if you're talented you could also stencil them ahead of time - not too many, though, leave room for the siggies - in either Disney or beachy/boat-y stencils, that would be adorable. I've seen some stencils with a "vacation" theme like palm trees and drink glasses, etc at WalMart). You'll forget about them, and at the end of the cruise the girls will get a nice surprise delivered to your stateroom. They make a nice, lasting rememberance of your cruise. The other alternative is a picture mat for a frame. We did this one in Feb and it's awesome! I got black mats and gold and silver Sharpies. It looks great on one of the Pirate Night shots I bought of us in our pirate outfits! pirate: Will you be dressing up for PN?

Pea-n-Me said:
Don't worry about it. Once you get on the ship and things are settled, there are openings for both the brunch and the dinner. Don't even waste time standing in line on embarkation day. Just wait a day or two, then call them or go up to the Palo desk, they will have gotten things squared away and will have almost definitely have a nice spot to fit you in. If not then, then later in the cruise.

In February, we'd done both the dinner and the brunch. We received a call from the Palo staff in our stateroom toward the end of the week asking if we'd like to come to dinner again. :confused3 It made me wonder if it was deliberate hype all this "can't get Palo ressies". We have never had trouble getting in for either the brunch or the dinner.

For our '07 cruise we have 26 people going. That might be a little tough, LOL. We found this year that it's kind of confusing when you're a Castaway Club member and can make ressies early, but the first time cruisers you're with, can't. Online it's difficult to work it. But in person it's easier.

OT but do you know about bringing plain pillowcases to have the characters sign? Bring some to match your girls' bedrooms, along with some nice Sharpies, and drop them off to Guest Services at the beginning of your cruise marked with your stateroom # (if you're talented you could also stencil them ahead of time - not too many, though, leave room for the siggies - in either Disney or beachy/boat-y stencils, that would be adorable. I've seen some stencils with a "vacation" theme like palm trees and drink glasses, etc at WalMart). You'll forget about them, and at the end of the cruise the girls will get a nice surprise delivered to your stateroom. They make a nice, lasting rememberance of your cruise. The other alternative is a picture mat for a frame. We did this one in Feb and it's awesome! I got black mats and gold and silver Sharpies. It looks great on one of the Pirate Night shots I bought of us in our pirate outfits! pirate: Will you be dressing up for PN?

Great I will just check when I board....thanks for the advise...

I got some princess pillow cases from a friend where the girls can color them in first and then I will have them get signed...I also got a photo mat as well...

My girls are afraid of pirates etc...so they are going to be dressed as Tinker bell on PN...so I jsut got the costumes from Disney store the other day so was thinking that would be cute...and less scarey for them and all...
Did you all dresss up??

ANy other cruise tips you have for me?????

Thank you Pea-n-Me for all your suggestions. My husband and I definitely want to do Palos for dinner...we have done that on our prior Disney cruises before we had the kids. My kids aren't in daycare right now so I am a little worried that they might have a hard time. Guess we will see though!!
The brunch looks great-I wouldn't mind trying that!!

Hi! I just found this thread and am so happy to have stumbled across it! :Pinkbounc I have 6 month old b/g twins and am having a ball with them. We also have a seven year old ds. We have a WDW trip booked for this coming April and the babies will be 14 months. I'm getting a little nervous because I am worried that it may be too hard on the babies. At the same time, we want to do this for our son who has only been to Disney once when he was 4. My parents have offered to keep the babies at our home while we take this trip........but, it brings me to tears when I think about leaving them for a whole week and being in a completely different state, etc. Any advice, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, we are staying at the SOG. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Screen Name: HappyPappe
Twins: B/G 2 years old, Landon & Lynndsey (DOB: 9/18/04)
Other Children: None
1st WDW trip: September, 2007
Living in: Claremore, Oklahoma

Hello all, I just joined this board a few days ago.. I am the proud parents of boy / girl twins they will be 2 on September 18th. We are headed to WDW in Sept 2007 for the twins 3rd birthday.. I am a huge disney fan, but have never been, so honestly I think the trip is more for me than my family.. LOL.. I have joined WW and am loosing a TON of weight, and I want to be near goal when we go next year. So what a better inspiration than my famiy and disney in one!!!

mom2jcc said:
Hi! I just found this thread and am so happy to have stumbled across it! :Pinkbounc I have 6 month old b/g twins and am having a ball with them. We also have a seven year old ds. We have a WDW trip booked for this coming April and the babies will be 14 months. I'm getting a little nervous because I am worried that it may be too hard on the babies. At the same time, we want to do this for our son who has only been to Disney once when he was 4. My parents have offered to keep the babies at our home while we take this trip........but, it brings me to tears when I think about leaving them for a whole week and being in a completely different state, etc. Any advice, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, we are staying at the SOG. Thanks so much!!!!!!
Take everyone and enjoy it!

We have a DS 9, DD 4 & B/G Twins 2. We have been to Disney 4 times with all 4 kids and are going back next week. The twins were 3 1/2 months old on their first trip. Yes, you have to limit what you can do because of the size of the family and the ages of the kids but we planned for it and had a great time.

oh my gosh your kids are too cute.....

Thank you! :) I had to take them out they were too big :/

How did your yard sale go make any money for WDW??????

It went great! We went to the Disney store and exchanged $ for fun money afterwards!! lol Every bit counts.

GaTech said:
Take everyone and enjoy it!

We have a DS 9, DD 4 & B/G Twins 2. We have been to Disney 4 times with all 4 kids and are going back next week. The twins were 3 1/2 months old on their first trip. Yes, you have to limit what you can do because of the size of the family and the ages of the kids but we planned for it and had a great time.

I agree, I would take them as well. I'm sure there will be so much you will be able to do that the things you miss, you can always plan for when they are older. Go for it!

HappyPappe said:
Screen Name: HappyPappe
Twins: B/G 2 years old, Landon & Lynndsey (DOB: 9/18/04)
Other Children: None
1st WDW trip: September, 2007
Living in: Claremore, Oklahoma

Hello all, I just joined this board a few days ago.. I am the proud parents of boy / girl twins they will be 2 on September 18th. We are headed to WDW in Sept 2007 for the twins 3rd birthday.. I am a huge disney fan, but have never been, so honestly I think the trip is more for me than my family.. LOL.. I have joined WW and am loosing a TON of weight, and I want to be near goal when we go next year. So what a better inspiration than my famiy and disney in one!!!

WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!!!!

I have added you to the front page...Thanks for joining us..COngrats on the weight loss... we will cheer you on... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

So glad that you joined us......

Screen Name: Mom2jcc
Twins: B/G Carrie and Christian, 6 mos. old (born Feb. 21,2006)
Other Children: Josh, 7
1st WDW trip: January 1995 Honeymoon
Living in: Louisiana

Can you officially add me? This thread was a wonderful idea!!!!!! :banana:

mom2jcc said:
Screen Name: Mom2jcc
Twins: B/G Carrie and Christian, 6 mos. old (born Feb. 21,2006)
Other Children: Josh, 7
1st WDW trip: January 1995 Honeymoon
Living in: Louisiana

Can you officially add me? This thread was a wonderful idea!!!!!! :banana:

All added to the first page...

Glad to get to know you....

I have another question about cruising with my twins. What do you give to two year olds for motion sickness? My husband and I do fine without anything but bring medicine just in case.

Here is my info as well.

Screen Name: #1disfan
Twins: G/B Joey and Tyler 1 year old (6/11/2005)
Other Children: none
1st WDW trip: 1999 H.S. graduation trip
Living in: Colorado

#1Disfan said:
I have another question about cruising with my twins. What do you give to two year olds for motion sickness? My husband and I do fine without anything but bring medicine just in case.

Here is my info as well.

Screen Name: #1disfan
Twins: G/B Joey and Tyler 1 year old (6/11/2005)
Other Children: none
1st WDW trip: 1999 H.S. graduation trip
Living in: Colorado

You know I would like to know the same thing......

Hi! I just stumbled across this thread also! We took our twins for the first time when they were 3 and their older sister was 5. We had a blast. We are leaving in about 3 weeks to take them back. They are now 7. I can't wait to experience it all again without strollers and carrying them around.

Here is my info as well
screen name: Dreaming of Disney
twins: Identical girls Kayla and Kaitlyn 7 yrs old.
Other children: Oldest sister Kendall 9 yrs. old
1st Disney Trip: Honeymoon 1996
Living in Kentucky

I just found this thread as well. Here's my info:

screen name: PPFQP
twins: Identical girls 11 years old
Other children: none
1st Disney Trip: WDW May 2000/WDW May 2001, Disney Magic Apr 2005, upcoming trip to WDW Oct 2007
Living in Virginia

I loved going to WDW when my girls were 5 and then again when they were 6 - perfect age!!! But I'm excited about going back with them now; they still love the characters and the "magic" but they are more adventurous and ready for more exciting rides. And... much more flexible. They can stay up until midnight without a meltdown and don't *have* to have chicken nuggets at every meal LOL!

mom2jcc said:

It was years and years ago, but we stayed at SOG when my girls were 5 (2000) and then 6 (2001). We haven't been back since the renovations, but it was just wonderful at that time. Great location, great facilities, very peaceful and enjoyable.

I think you're doing a great thing by taking your son on a special trip. By the time your babies are 14 months, you'll probably feel more ready to leave them, especially since you have good care for them. It will be worth it -- what special memories you'll make with your son!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter