Traveling with 11 month old: Must-haves for your resort room (specifically POP)?

stackyallred

DIS Veteran
I was hoping maybe some of you who have travelled with a child this age could help me? :hug: We will be taking our son with us for the first time this September (however DH and I have been dozens of times) to POP. I have been a disboarder for a while and feel like I know how to organize the two of us for a week long stay at the resorts (over-the-door organizer, pop-up hampers, etc), but I know there have got to be some good tips out there for traveling with a baby this age. So, feel free to share your knowledge- it is appreciated! :thumbsup2

Outlet Covers. :)
Medicine - anything and everything you might need from Tylenol to something for tummy troubles.
Stick sunscreen for their face and lips.
Travel wipes for the parks.
If you child is a full contact eater like mine were:rolleyes1, Tide-To-Go sticks.

My son was 14 months during his first trip. We made sure to have his soy milk (they make juice box sizes that didn't need refrigeration...he liked them room temp...just like formula).

We had the meds too which was a good thing since he got a bit of a bug from the plane ride.

We also brought a few board books and his blanky from home so he could have his night time routine of story time before bed.

Plenty of diapers, wipes, and hand wipes as well as sanitizer.

Juice boxes and goldfish crackers.

That's all I could think of for now. We had a great trip, you'll love how they react to Disney at this age!

Are daughter went her first time when she was 11 months old.

- diapers
- wipes
- meds
- blanket
- sun hat
- sunscreen
- disposible sippy cups

Don't forget that all the Disney resorts and theme parks sell most baby "essentials" that you may need- just in case.

Also- make sure you take advatage of the baby care centers- we are still using these and our DD is 3!

Have a wonderful trip...we had so much fun watching our DD eyes light up at everything around her!:wizard:

If you are using resorts pak-n-play crib bring your own sheet. Also those covers that go on the table at restaurants really helped since my daughter basically ate off the tables at that age.

When ds was 4 months we went and I got the pack n play (brought my own sheet)... but he ended up sleeping in the bed with me and we used the pnp for storage of all his stuff (LOL!!!) - literally though everything we brought for him aside from his stroller, went in there before we left for the park in the morning. Helped BIG TIME to know all his stuff was there in one place!

Bring a small dish strainer for his bottles/sippies and make up some of the soap-towlettes (like the disposable dawn dish wipes that they don't make anymore)

I don't know what kind of a packer you are, I'm pretty streamlined and concise - now, but ds's first trip I swear I packed every packable toy for him!!! He used one toy - ONE!! And that was one of those squeaky teether toys with the chewey rings on the sides, attached to a few of those plastic links (we took a duffell bag full of toys!!)

My biggest tip for all parents of younger kids - ONE PIECE OUTFITS!!! Carters sells really cute ones and they usually have a lot of different ones... I love the carter store, so if there's one near you that's the best place for deals, but Kohls has Carters and Walmart has a brand called child of mine (or something like that) that's made by carter and is just as good quality. It's SO much easier to just toss 1-2 one piece outfits into the diaper bag each day, rather than worrying about taking 1-2 mix & match outfits!! (doesnt really have anything to do w/ the room I guess.... but it is easier to just keep all his stuff in one drawer)

Since you're staying at POP, I would strongly suggest you get a fridge. That way you can have milk and snacks available without leaving the room (you can get those little fruit bowls at the food court). A baby float for the pool will be fun. Dish soap, bottle brush, couple of toys, bath toys/spout cover, outlet covers. If you have a white noise machine, that might help keep your little one from waking when the inevitable stampede of kids passes your room at 11pm (I love POP, but it happens every time ;))
We took our older daughter to Disney at 13 months and it was our best trip ever :love: She was so adaptable at that age. She was content to do whatever DH and I wanted, wasn't afraid or any of the rides, slept in her stroller. It was awesome. Much harder when she was older and more opinionated....:laughing:
Have a blast!

Please take a few moments to wipe down surfaces with a disenfecting product of your choice. At 15 months our little one got very sick at Disney (followed by the rest of us). I feel fairly certain it was from the hotel room or the pack'n play. I'm fairly certain that those are not cleaned between guests...just packed up and reused. Yuck!

I've done this more times than I care to count... (and we are doing it again)

We get a delivery from www.gardengrocer.com

Diapers
Swim diapers
wipes
xtra sippy cups / bottles
dishwashing liquid (to wash cups/bottles)
bottled water
powdered formula
sunscreen
ziploc baggies
small snacks such as goldfish/cookies/pretzels
whole milk
bibs

I was going to recommend garden grocer, but I see the previous poster did, but i will second it! if you are flying it would be so much easier than packing everything for a flight. My youngest was 11months the first time we went and my older son was still in pull ups. Man do I wish I knew about garden grocer then!

the other thing I would recommend is the gallon size ziploc bags. after a couple days we left the diaper bag in the room and put what we needed in individual ziploc bags. everthing folded flat and we kept it in the bottom of the stroller. the stroller folded the bags were able to stay in the basket b/c they were flat and it made going through security a breeze. if you end up with too many individual ziplocs you can get the XL ziploc which has a handle if you need to take it out to carry on the bus and still makes security a breeze. it also made it easy in the room to get ready for the parks b/c it was easy to see what was missing.

I was hoping maybe some of you who have travelled with a child this age could help me? :hug: We will be taking our son with us for the first time this September (however DH and I have been dozens of times) to POP. I have been a disboarder for a while and feel like I know how to organize the two of us for a week long stay at the resorts (over-the-door organizer, pop-up hampers, etc), but I know there have got to be some good tips out there for traveling with a baby this age. So, feel free to share your knowledge- it is appreciated! :thumbsup2

I would bring someone to watch the 11 month old.............

It may have been mentioned above but disposable bibs are very convenient. Pampers makes Bibsters and they are so much better than carrying around dirty, wet bibs.

Also, if you plan on bringing your own stroller and having your LO nap in it, a sun shade is also very useful. We bought the Ray Shade from Kiddopotamus and it really protected DD from the sun, especially when she napped for 2+ hours!!!

Have fun! I am trying to convince DH to take us this December and YDD will be 11 mths...

A fridge is a must w/ a little one. Make sure to pack her meds in your carry on for the plane ride. My SIL packed our nieces meds in her checked baggage. It wasn't a fun plane ride for them. She got really sick. Unfortunately we flew down 3 days before them so I couldn't help w/ that. And something that happened to me. Pack extra diapers in your carry on. I packet what I thought was more than enough diapers for our DD for our travel day. Turns out I didn't. She used more than I ever thought she would and even though I had plenty in our luggage DME hadn't delivered our bags. So I had to buy more diapers in the gift shop 10 for $15 ouch!!!
Have a great trip.
Oh and ALWAYS have snacks handy!

Thanks, everyone for your replies and suggestions! It is so helpful to hear from others who have travelled with a baby before. We are very excited! I appreciate so many great tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter