• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling Turkeys Part 2 11/22/08

Hi! My daughter is 13 and won't turn 14 until April. I do know that there is a girl that is participating in the fish extenders that is 17 though, so maybe the two of you will meet. Is your family attending the DIS meet? My family also loves all things Disney and cannot wait to board the Magic again.:thumbsup2

Susan

what is fish extenders?
also idk if my family is attending the meet but my dad has mentioned it

I've been waiting so long for Friday (I think I say that every week) but now that it's almost here...

We finally bought shirts and transfer paper, and tried printing our "logos" to make our shirts tonight. I sent the images to the computer that's hooked up to the printer, but for some reason it died before I was done printing! The error was that the battery was terminally ill or something, but it was plugged in. Hopefully we don't need a new power supply. Anyways, I tried two other laptops, but I couldn't get the printer drivers set up correctly, then the third laptop would connect to the printer, but then told me that it was out of toner, which I know is a bold-faced lie!! I suppose I can try printing from work tomorrow, but we pay hundreds of dollars for the toner cartridges at work, and they hate if we print personal things :-(

I haven't even *started* packing, and now I'm looking at the time between now and my flight. I'll be working through the night to try to get my project wrapped up before we leave friday morning, then I have an 8am, 9am, and 1030am meeting to pass some active projects to my colleagues. I'm supposed to get out of work at noon tomorrow, which means that I'll probably actually get out by one or two, then a quick stop at the bank, then home to "pack". But, after pulling an all-nighter, I'm sure I'll fall asleep as soon as I get home. Then I'll have to get up at 2am to pack so that we can leave the house at 5:30 to catch our 8am flight. :scared1:

This sounds like a terrible plan. I need a vacation!!!!

See you on the boat...:banana:

OK, time to put World of Warcraft away and get ready for the cruise...but i did complete 3 of the new 10 levels so far so less catching up to do when we return...unlike a lot of games when you cap out the game is over, here the game really begins so everyone levels up fast...

So tomorrow we pack, though the Miami Ga Tech game will be on in the background...probably on multiple TV's so we can go to different rooms...courtesy of Maryland beating UNC last week, we now control our own destiny to the ACC title game...Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Chuck:cool1:

I've been waiting so long for Friday (I think I say that every week) but now that it's almost here...

We finally bought shirts and transfer paper, and tried printing our "logos" to make our shirts tonight. I sent the images to the computer that's hooked up to the printer, but for some reason it died before I was done printing! The error was that the battery was terminally ill or something, but it was plugged in. Hopefully we don't need a new power supply. Anyways, I tried two other laptops, but I couldn't get the printer drivers set up correctly, then the third laptop would connect to the printer, but then told me that it was out of toner, which I know is a bold-faced lie!! I suppose I can try printing from work tomorrow, but we pay hundreds of dollars for the toner cartridges at work, and they hate if we print personal things :-(

I haven't even *started* packing, and now I'm looking at the time between now and my flight. I'll be working through the night to try to get my project wrapped up before we leave friday morning, then I have an 8am, 9am, and 1030am meeting to pass some active projects to my colleagues. I'm supposed to get out of work at noon tomorrow, which means that I'll probably actually get out by one or two, then a quick stop at the bank, then home to "pack". But, after pulling an all-nighter, I'm sure I'll fall asleep as soon as I get home. Then I'll have to get up at 2am to pack so that we can leave the house at 5:30 to catch our 8am flight. :scared1:

This sounds like a terrible plan. I need a vacation!!!!

See you on the boat...:banana:

Good luck on your project. Thought about making shirts at the last minute but discoverd that I was out of transfer sheets- decided that was a sign to quit while I was ahead. Still working on FEs and packing. We aren't leaving until Friday- yea!

Cindy If you have not left yet do you still have any lime green bracelets left. Would you mind bringing some to me. I need 3 adult and 1 youth. It fell off my todo list some how.

Sure! I am bringing all of the bracelets that I have left so I will save those for you.

I am supposed to be "packing" but I have been writing emails and doing laundry. Just wait until DH wakes up tomorrow and sees that I am not done packing yet, actually I haven't even started my own packing but I have the girls almost done. :rotfl:

HEY!princess:
my names kate
i know im posting a little late but i have just been so busy with school work and stuff
i am 17 and i am in 11th grade
i have a sister who is 10 and i have mom and dad(my dad also is a member on disboards but he has not posted on this thread at all)
we live north of Pittsburgh,PA(the city where we live is Butler,PA but people usually know Pittsburgh better then Butler
my family is also in LOVE with disney and we go all the time!!
=]its fun

so im posting this to see if any of you guys have daughters(or sons doesnt really matter)that are around my age that i could probably hang out with.
this is my 3rd cruise and the 2nd cruise we went on i did try and get someone to hang with but no one had anyone. i have also never been in the Stack but i wont really go unless i have someone to hang out with(im kind of shy about just going and not having anyone i know) but i am kind of anxious to go to the Stack because this will be my last year able to go because the cut off is 17. so if you do know any teenagers that are going or have a daughter or son that are around my age that i could hang out with that would be great!
just get back to me as soon as possible

thanks
hope to hear back from people
sorry this is so late though

:rolleyes1

Kate,

My daughter Meagan and my niece Kathryn are both in 10th grade Kathryn is very shy as well my daughter is very outgoing. It would be great to have them meet you. It is Meagan's 2nd cruise and Kathryns first.
Hope to meet you Sat

Kim:cloud9:

My goodness you were all chatty last night!
My eyes popped open at 4 again this morning. I spent some quality time with Lexington and decided to read the posts. I'm starting to feel awful about taking him to doggie sleep away camp. I feel bad every trip and I miss him when we leave. His brown eyes break my heart.

Katie - My DS is 15 and shy as well(in the beginning!). Please come to the meet on Sat. and I can introduce you. Stacie's DS is, I believe 16. There will be a lot of kids your age! I've been told if you go to the Stack on day 1, the cast members have lots of get to know you activities for the teenagers. My DS name is Ian and we're from Pgh, he's a big Penguins and Steelers fan so you may have something in common! Are you flying out of Pgh? We leave tomorrow at 6am - Airtran, in case we're on the same flight!

DH gave me more laundry last night so I will finish that today, take Lexington to "that place", go to the bank and pharmacy and finish packing. Mine is done but I'm going back through to see if I can downsize.

Have a great day!
Make good choices.
Be kind.:flower3:

Judy

"Always, as you travel,assimilate the sounds and sights of the world."
Walt Disney

Good morning fellow cruisers . . . See you all in 2 days!:banana:

Judy, Enjoy your day off! I have 1 more day of work today and I can only imagine it will be a complete waste to even go in. Cant keep my mind of this cruise!!

Good morning everyone.

My internal clock also doesn't know what sleeping in is. I guess that I am just too excited, and since I usually get up at 5:00, I'm right on schedule.

Judy, Take a picture of Lex and put it in your purse or better yet, make him a door magnet so we can all miss him with you. Just remember, he needs a vacation too. Who knows, he may do the "doggie dance" when you leave him. Our cats know some thing is up, thay have been up my hiney all day yesterday and slept with us last night. Sapphire was on the desk a few minutes ago, making it hard to read the boards.

If I didn't have to go to the bank this morning, I'd wake everyone up and say "Let's get this party started" Melinda and the girls would be ok with that, it's the grizzly bear that I'm not willing to take the chance with.

Made a stupid mistake while packing. I packed our medicine in a daybag (not sure which one though) thinking about our stay at the hotel tomorrow night. However, it never occured to me that we would need them tonight for our stay on the train. They're packed so well that I can't find them. So I made a pack for tonight.

Well, going to shut the computer down. I wish everyone safe travels and look forward to meeting all of you.

Lora

SEE YA LORA!!!
I always bring a framed photo of him with me! It sits on the nightstand..................

Does anyone know the answer to this? We have Sprint as our cell phone carrier.
I called them the other day and was told that they do not have cell phone service in the Caribbean - Cozumel, Grand Cayman or Nassau! I'm thinking the guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about. Does anyone have Sprint or know if this is true or not?

SEE YA LORA!!!
I always bring a framed photo of him with me! It sits on the nightstand..................

Does anyone know the answer to this? We have Sprint as our cell phone carrier.
I called them the other day and was told that they do not have cell phone service in the Caribbean - Cozumel, Grand Cayman or Nassau! I'm thinking the guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about. Does anyone have Sprint or know if this is true or not?

Try this site out. I believe they have service on the ship.

http://www.cellularatsea.com/

Just watch those roaming chargess!! I heard they are outragous.

ps...safe traveling to all those leaving!!! We'll see you real soon!!!

Michael....would you and Cathe remember to check your voice mail!!!!

Sorry Suzanne. I just read this. I wii check it now. Both Cathe and I started our vacation today and we are about to pack.

What time is your flight tomorrow?
Hey Trersa what time is your flight?

I guess we will call each other at the Hyatt.

HEY!princess:
my names kate
i know im posting a little late but i have just been so busy with school work and stuff
i am 17 and i am in 11th grade
i have a sister who is 10 and i have mom and dad(my dad also is a member on disboards but he has not posted on this thread at all)
we live north of Pittsburgh,PA(the city where we live is Butler,PA but people usually know Pittsburgh better then Butler
my family is also in LOVE with disney and we go all the time!!
=]its fun

so im posting this to see if any of you guys have daughters(or sons doesnt really matter)that are around my age that i could probably hang out with.
this is my 3rd cruise and the 2nd cruise we went on i did try and get someone to hang with but no one had anyone. i have also never been in the Stack but i wont really go unless i have someone to hang out with(im kind of shy about just going and not having anyone i know) but i am kind of anxious to go to the Stack because this will be my last year able to go because the cut off is 17. so if you do know any teenagers that are going or have a daughter or son that are around my age that i could hang out with that would be great!
just get back to me as soon as possible

thanks
hope to hear back from people
sorry this is so late though

:rolleyes1

My daughter is 16 and in 10th grade...she is really worried about hanging with new people...so, you are more than welcome to hang with her...we are in room 2060, and will be arriving tomorrow around 12noon.....

Have a safe trip to the ship....

Dawn

Try this site out. I believe they have service on the ship.

http://www.cellularatsea.com/

Just watch those roaming chargess!! I heard they are outragous.

Ken is correct. Call on those charges. They can be like $8.00 miniute if you use the phone on the ship. And look at the signal portion of your cell phone. We noticed the cignal icon switched to a cellular at Sea when we were connected to "the ships cellular" on our last Eastern.

8_5_1.gif
BYE TURKEYS!!! HAVE FUN!!!
8_5_1.gif

Good bye to all that leave tomorrow! Have a safe trip. Can't wait to meet everybody.

Kid wise Who is haveing a birthday while on the cruise?

Lynn

DD is turning 8 on the 25th, which is Cozumel swim with the dolphins day. I never had a bday like that growing up.

Today is my last day at work. I turned on the computer and Outlook popped up (1 Day till Disney Cruse). REALITY CHECK!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Today is my last day at work. I turned on the computer and Outlook popped up (1 Day till Disney Cruse). REALITY CHECK!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Ken

We did not chat much but I hope you are ready to party. Us Parrottheads have top get together and try to get the DJ's and whatever band on board to play some Buffet musuc.

Michael

Ken

We did not chat much but I hope you are ready to party. Us Parrottheads have top get together and try to get the DJ's and whatever band on board to play some Buffet musuc.

Michael

No doubt!!

Our excursion in GC is going to be at a bar stool in Margaritaville. Will you be joining us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter