Traveling Turkeys Part 2 11/22/08

It is supposed to be cold and snowy all week in Erie. Had 8.1" at my house and 15" to 18" for Edinboro. The good news is that yesterday I heard that in 100 years with global warming we will have weather like Georgia, so there is always hope. Until then I will have to settle for going where the warmth is.

I have a question about letting 11 year old DGD sighn in and out of kids club. What do others do at that age?

Have a great day.

Jim

Today is 30th aniversary, we decided to celebrate with cruise so we will be celabrating Sunday.

Chris and I are not real chatty here but grateful you guys are here.

Jim

To the question about the signing in and out. Ocean Quest is for the 11 to 13 age group now on the Magic. From what I have read on the boards you do not have the option of signing in and out. If someone knows for sure chime in. I was still going to ask for a pager so if the kids needed me that they could go to the lab and just ask for me to be paged. I don't know if they would let me do this but I am going to try.

Lynn

HELP!!!!

I feel a cold coming on...surprised it took so long with all the gookie little kiddies I have every day!!

Has anyone tried Zicam or airborn?????Does anything work??

GOOD MORNING!! It's good to see there are earlier birds than me!
I slept last night, just had a problem getting to sleep!

Jim and Chris - CONGRATULATION AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!:banana: :love: :flower3: party: :dancer: :dance3: :thumbsup2 Thirty years is amazing! We'll toast you on the boat. I hope you two have ressies for Palo so you can spend a nice quiet dinner together! Until then, stay warm and safe up there in the snow! No big surprise about Edinboro's snow, eh? I remember walking to class through massive snow drifts. I'd die if I had to do that now. Oh to be young again. Sandy - Don't you miss it even a little bit?:lmao:

Last trip DS was 12 and we let him sign in and out of the club. He was with 2 buddies and we didn't have any problems.

Have a good day.
Make good choices.
Be kind.

Hi STACIE!:thumbsup2 :love2: :wave: See ya Friday (hopefully) on the bridge.

Judy

HELP!!!!

I feel a cold coming on...surprised it took so long with all the gookie little kiddies I have every day!!

Hey Suzanne

Cathe tried Zicam last year and for her it did not work and she started it immediately when she first felt the cold starting. But if I were you I would give it a try. The three of us have been taking airborn (walmart brand....much cheaper) for the past week.

Don't worry you will be fine.
Michael

HELP!!!!

Oh BOY! you gotta get rid of it now! DH just had one and it ended up a sinus infection. But he has used Zicam and Mucinex in the past and he says it works. We have Airborne for the flight but I don't know if it will do you any good if you take it now. I think it's to keep the germs away. I like Dayquil and Nyquil for the symptoms and I also drink lots of juice adn water to try and flush it out. Stay warm and rest. But I think the best thing for you is to remember that once you hit the warm weather and the SUN :sunny: you'll feel great! And never underestimate the power of several drinks of the day. :woohoo: A few of those baby, and you just won't care.
Get well!!!:cloud9:
Judy

We have used Airborne and we think it works. I started taking it yesterday.
Good Luck!!! Everyone wash there hands well.

Happy Anniversary to those celebrating!

Cindy - I got the shirts. They look great. My DD2 said "Look! It's Mickey's glove!" Still not sure if DH will wear his, but I'm trying. I don't think he's on board with lime green. :rotfl2:

Good morning, everyone! I am also feeling a nasty cold and sore throat coming on. I'm going to head to Wal-mart after work to buy some airborne and just have the whole family take it. I packed my DH last night so all that is left is me. I will pack for myself tomorrow night. My household is getting more and more excited as the days draw nearer. We can't wait for MVMCP and WL on Thursday!:cool1: Have a good day!

Susan

Whoever gets an upgrade will have to let people know at the meet...however, I believe the ship is very close to sold if not completely sold out at this point so upgrades at the port may be a moot issue this time.
Chuck:cool1:

The ship IS NOT sold out....so there is hope.

Michelle

Good morning all. NOBODY is allowed to be sick!! Being sick is hearby banished from this ship! Judy, your ship is just about to reach the end of the ticker! Maybe this lack of sleep the last few days is your body's way of training for the cruise. I know I go to bed much later than normal, and always wake up early for the sunrise.

I NEED GOOD WISHES TODAY

My mom is already in Georgia going to be heading to the port on Friday.

She was diagnosed with Eye Cancer in Aug and just finished her last round of Chemo 10 days ago. Now she cannot open her eye and it is very light sensitive. My sister (also in Georgia) made her an appt at her eye doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. I am afraid this may keep her from going on the cruise!!!!:sad2:
KIM

Well I defer to the expert (Michelle)..

As to the Kid's Club, sign out begins at age 8 and since we have taken 3 cruises since DS turned 8 (now 9), he has had sign out privileges for the last 2 - but with conditions...first DS is very bright and that helps...Second, he is only allowed to go to the cabin or Deck 9 for food b/c he is allergic to some of what is served in Kid's Club buffet line (and a picky eater)...third, we require the Club to beep us (and they do it) every time he leaves so we know it, except if we are off the ship on an excursion...and fourth, on CC he is NOT allowed to sign himself out b/c there are too many issues with crowd density, large space and water (and he is a mediocre swimmer at best)...thus, I think this comes down to how mature the child is in terms of responsibility (not necessarily socialization)....Our son also knows that if he ever abuses the privilege, there will be no second chance. However, most kids seem to have check-out ability once they hit 8 or 9.

Chuck:cool1:

Ran to the store and made my purchases of Zicam and Airborn....loaded up and feel a bit better. When my students came in I gave them 2 wipes...one for the tables and one for their chairs. Then we disinfected their spaces!! I wiped down all the door knobs, faucets etc!! Then we talked about it ok sharing the toys but not their germs. Hopefully this will help prevent any illnesses!!!

Good luck Kim!!! I'm thinking of you. My dad had to cancel this trip with us because his girlfriend is undergoing chemo and could not come. She tried to talk him into going but he wouldn't hear of it. I hope everything works out!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm way behind on posting. I've been reading but have been so busy, and there are so many posts, I can't keep up.

Suzy and Susan, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Here is my experience with Zicam. I tried it in Sept and I'm not sure if it worked or it was just one of those short duration things, but right after using it, I developed mouth ulcers that lasted 3 weeks, acutely, and several more weeks of mild symptoms. Two people later told me it was the Zicam. When I researched it, I didn't find a connection with mouth ulcers, but did see lots of complaints with lose of smell. I won't use it again. I have heard good things about mucinex, but haven't tried it myself. Drink lots of fluids. I started with a migraine last night and ended up vomiting for several hours(sorry TMI, I know). I feel better today, and I'm hoping it was all migraine related and not the stomach bug. I am hopeful, however, that I might now fit into a few of those "tight" capri's.

Michelle, ear muffs in FL... I'm cracking up! Sorry to hear it's so cold down there. It just doesn't seem right.

We have had more snow and it's cold here. I think today's high should be around 31, if we're lucky. Right now it's in the 20's with a breeze. Overnights low is forecasted to be 16! I can't wait to fly out of here on Thurs. The town 45 minutes north of us had 27 inches of snow Sunday night.

MoQu, what flight are you on? We're scheduled to land around 12 midnight too. We're flying United, out of Dulles.

Judy, I don't blame anyone for not going to the Jello museum with you. What an odd thing! I have never heard of it and I only live a few hours away. Now, if it were the Chocolate museum, we'd be all over that! I wanted to tell you that I have read in a few different places that people who were having mats autographed have measured the area where the actual frame will cover and put tape over those spots. It was to avoid having the characters autograph in that area and later have the frame cover it, if that makes sense. I've never done it myself, but thought it might be useful for you.

Still haven't decided what to wear Friday night. I was going to make t-shirts, but it sounds like they'll be covered anyway and I'm lacking in energy right now. I really need to finish the last minute laundry and get packed.

Better run. We have a hair appt and teacher conf today. Will check in later! Oh, and Happy Anniversary Jimmy and Cindy (tomorrow!) Enjoy!

Shell

Happy Anniversary!!!

Ours is tomorrow, 11 years.

Happy Anniversary to you as well Cindy, by the way we got our shirts yesterday. They look great!

People around me have been sick for over a month and I have been doing well. Monday started sore throat. Today it is Airborne and early to bed. I like the positive thoughts on no sickness on board.

Jim

Good morning, everyone! I am also feeling a nasty cold and sore throat coming on. I'm going to head to Wal-mart after work to buy some airborne and just have the whole family take it. I packed my DH last night so all that is left is me. I will pack for myself tomorrow night. My household is getting more and more excited as the days draw nearer. We can't wait for MVMCP and WL on Thursday!:cool1: Have a good day!

Susan

My family is feeling under the weather too! :sick: Can you catch something over the DIS boards? Perhaps a computer virus? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter