• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling Turkeys Part 2 11/22/08

Welcome back to the boards..thought our August gathering scared you away!;) Glad to see it hasn't. Hope DW and the kids are good. I hope the boys are still planning on going to the camps. Jordan needs familiar faces!

Hey Sue. I did get my kids registered for the camps today too (been busy on the DCL website). I've told them that they will be in the camps around the clock except for Turkey Day dinner. If their faces aren't familiar to Jordan from the summer, they'll certainly be familiar from being in the camps from opening to closing.:rotfl:

We're planning on getting to the port very early. Talk to Michael (perhaps he's here) and he'll let you know what time we're arriving.

I need you or Michael to help me out here. I simply don't remember from the last cruise what time to arrive to get an early boarding number. We can have a little pre-cruise reunion in the parking lot while we wait for the doors to open.

Teresa - looking forward to seeing you next week too. Are you flying out of Philly on Friday? What time? (Our flight leaves around 11:30 am).

Am I the only one from our little group going to Cape Canaveral the night before?

Hey one more thing.
Jason, I believe you and I have a drink date and I don't mean while we are waiting on line to get appointments for the girls hair braiding. I think we will get Ken and Howard and make it a guy's hour out.

Well, well well......look who is in the house!

I am here and always looking but I don't post much. Try and guess why.

Jason,
We should be at the port by 9:45 am, looks like there will be a mini meet at the port!! Just knew it would happen.

Special stuff going on for us at Grand Cayman. Cathe and I are renewing our wedding vows then partying at where else but Jimmy Buffetts.

I was just on the phone with Shirly myself, you guys have any idea's for a basket for Cathe and Chey?

Looks like we found that "one particular harbor...."

See you soon.

Michael

Michael -- what a cool thing to do in the Caymans and how much cooler can you get than to follow it up at JB's. I hope Cathe likes her wedding vow renewal toasters in lime green. By the way, did you ever make it to a concert this summer?

Shirley is putting together a mesh bag of beach things and snacks for my 13 year old niece. She can probably do the same for Chey, unless you're looking to do a single basket for both.

I'll be there bright and early with you Sat. morning. We'll have to catch up after the sail-away party on the braiding line ... two lost souls having no idea how many inches of hair our girls have.

Be well.

J

Hey one more thing.
Jason, I believe you and I have a drink date and I don't mean while we are waiting on line to get appointments for the girls hair braiding. I think we will get Ken and Howard and make it a guy's hour out.

I think this is called a Bachelor's party!

Hey Teresa...I'm thinking we need to get Cathe out somehow too! I'll try to keep up with you gals!!:drinking1

Need some help with what to do at Grand Caymans. .

The Island Tour/Turtle Farm is a nice one and short. There is a longer island tour/turtle far/butterfly one and then one that is a good portion of the day that is the turtle farm and the "water park" connected to it. Those all might be nice ones that will not tramitize the kids.

My husband and daughter are doing the island tour and turtle farm because she says she cannot wait to see the turtles.

If you are driving, remember that in theory the parking lot will be open come 10am, but I have sat there until 10:30 before they let us in. In the mean time all those that were on buses were being let in so by time the group of early drivers were there we got boarding number 4. however, a fellow diser snagged us an earlier number since they came on a bus from a hotel.

SoI had a pretty productive day. I graded most of the virtual assignments this monring so only had a few this afternoon.

I finished all but the neckline of my new pirate shirt. So I may have a whole new pirate outfit for the trip. :banana:

Now it is time to get ready to take my daughter to gym class then we are going to make our meals for the month and they are doing a dinner date for everyone once they finish constructing their meals. We are meeting a friend and his son so I am sure it will be a long, but fun night for the kids.

Off to the gym. :)

Am I the only one from our little group going to Cape Canaveral the night before?

We are staying at the Radisson at the port on Fri We are leaving out of Newark

We did the Atlantis submarine It was fun the kids liked it. We saw some people scuba diving so that was cool..

Kim

Mention alcohol and Cathe will follow.....anywhere!

Mention alcohol and I will follow anywhere. Yes it will have to be a Bachelorette Party. Suzanne, you keep up with me and Cathe.......sorry but that's pretty funny:rotfl2:.

Jason, we are flying out of Philly but not till later in the afternoon on Friday. We will meet up with you guys at the port Sat. morning.

We will be in the group that is waiting in line across the street at about 930 or so, though Lisa will probably walk in from the bus drop off to ensure getting one of those coveted group2 boarding passes, in case they have changed from last time as we also need our Palo ressies.

Chuck:cool1:

And as to the Cayman's, looks like our time there will be pretty short, so probably not that much in the way of excursions...the Turtle Farm was nice, but Hell was a waste of time...only went there b/c our trip included both together with Stingray City (except we left DS, then 8, on the boat b/c we feared the same traumatization mentioned above).

from our website, I think it is only 11-430....someone can advise whether that is still accurate...however, due to the regatta in Key West which made this a double dip and the change from Costa maya to GC, the distances are a bit off from the usual b/c Coz and GC are reversed...the usual route is GC on Tues, then Coz which is somewhat on the way back to CC on wed...

They have the port times still at 11-4:30 but the excursion times listed on the DCL site did not always match. We signed up for an early excursion through Disney- I figure that they will work it all out when we get there.

We are staying at the Radisson at the port on Fri We are leaving out of Newark

We did the Atlantis submarine It was fun the kids liked it. We saw some people scuba diving so that was cool..

Kim

We leave from Newark around 11ish on Friday on Delta. How about you?

I haven't called lately, but the CM still says port time is 7:30 into GC and not 11:00 a.m. I think another person was stating she had an excursion booked, but they kept saying 9:30 for her. I'm guessing because she is on an excursion where I am not. I guess we're in for pot luck so to speak when we get there. Has anyone tried calling lately?

Man I take a night off and this thread is going nuts! We are finally starting our packing. I am thinking about mailing the FE stuff ahead of time. I hope it makes it.

Did anybody notice the shuttle launch might get delayed from this week. The cruise we went on in 2006 coincided with a launch, what a way to kick off a 7 day DCL vacation! Keep your fingers crossed that it gets postponed to next saturday!! Here is a picture from '06

IMG_0975Medium.jpg

We leave from Newark around 11ish on Friday on Delta. How about you?

We are leaving at 4. But We are thinking about trying to get earlier flight we are on continental.

I just spoke to Disney and they said
CC 8:30 - 4pm
Cozumel 8am - 5pm
GC 11am -5pm
CC 9:30-5pm

Man I take a night off and this thread is going nuts! We are finally starting our packing. I am thinking about mailing the FE stuff ahead of time. I hope it makes it.

Did anybody notice the shuttle launch might get delayed from this week. The cruise we went on in 2006 coincided with a launch, what a way to kick off a 7 day DCL vacation! Keep your fingers crossed that it gets postponed to next saturday!! Here is a picture from '06

IMG_0975Medium.jpg

That looks soooo coool! :thumbsup2 It would be awesome if the stars would align to see a launch.

We are leaving at 4. But We are thinking about trying to get earlier flight we are on continental.

I just spoke to Disney and they said
CC 8:30 - 4pm
Cozumel 8am - 5pm
GC 11am -5pm
CC 9:30-5pm

Well, that settles it. We'll be staying onboard and not getting off to explore GC. I was wondering about the damage, too.

IMG_0975Medium.jpg

That would be the coolest thing!

We have one bag packed with costumes, diapers, and other stuff we won't use between now and then.

Anyone else planning to do the beer tasting? My DH is doing it, but my friends husband is not a drinker at all. I just wanted to see if anyone else from here would be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter