• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling Turkeys Part 2 11/22/08

So I decided that I did not like my Pirate skirt that I had been using even though I remade it last year so that it was longer. So today I decided to make pants. My husband thought I was nuts, but they came out really nice. My daughter thinks I should make a another new shirt to go with my new pants. Not sure I would have time for that, but it was a tempting thought.

Well off to finish up some signs.

The online class hmmm...but answering that for real requires a lot more details..LOL...and having seen your past pirate outfits, I fully understand why DH rolled his eyes when you said you needed another one...you already have a far more intricate design than most..

Chuck:cool1:

VAgal76, I understand what you are saying but.......sometimes rest and relaxation
is worth the piece of mind. I think Pixidustmom and her family definately needs this vacation.:)

The online class hmmm...but answering that for real requires a lot more details..LOL...and having seen your past pirate outfits, I fully understand why DH rolled his eyes when you said you needed another one...you already have a far more intricate design than most..

Chuck:cool1:

Thanks for the compliment and if I complete the new shirt and vest that I want to it will be way more impressive then the old ones....IMO. You will see the old shirt and skirt on the ship....I have willed it to a friend who needed a Pirate costume.

Teresa...please fix your post. You lost the quote from VAgal76 and it looks like you wrote that. :confused:

I totally agree with you Teresa. It appears if Pixidustmom's husband recently started a job so I think they are well on their way to taking care of their standings. rest and relaxation is definitely needed!!! And other people's finances and decisions are theirs...not for discussion here.

Susan - Good Luck with the party. It was tought for Michellene to plan our DDs party, Holloween, and still keep the cruise in mind. Is your DD celebrating her birthday onboard? What a present!!

I have been trying to give things equal time but it has been hard. Elizabeth turned 10 on 10/26, then Halloween, cruise, Margaret's birthday. Needless to say, I will be staying up late next week doing last minute projects. Elizabeth thought it was unfair that Margaret gets a birthday at sea with Mickey! It was just luck of having a birthday so close to Thanksgiving. We haven't been home on her birthday for the last 3 years so we have always had to cram her friends party in when it was convenient. Last year her birthday was Thanksgiving Day which makes it interesting trying to fit cake in with turkey and pie!

The only other thing is that you mention you are behind on bills because loss of employment. I don't mean to be so judgemental, but cruising is a luxury item. This money could've come in real handy for your family right now. Could you have moved it to another sailing date to help free up some of your finances until you moved back on your feet? Travel insurance could've reimbursed you for the non-refundable portions like airfare. I feel for you. I really do. :hug: So many are losing jobs and things are rough in the economy. We all want to escape this reality. I just can't see spending money on a vacation if we can't make ends meet. I don't know your situation. I'm trying very hard not to jump to conclusions or make it unpleasant. I could've read your post wrong, too. :scared: I'm just saying. If you have the travel insurance you might want to consider using it and re-book your cruise.

VAgal76, I understand what you are saying but.......sometimes rest and relaxation
is worth the piece of mind. I think Pixidustmom and her family definitely needs this vacation.:)

Yes I did say behind on bills but not all of them are at the point of getting calls just not sent out on the date they are due. Thankfully my DH does make a decent living in construction but when areas are not ready for him they have short term lay offs and we have learned to be crafty. My cruise has been planned for well over a year and I am not the only one going. I have another friend in my cabin who is coming from Ca. to join me and my DD and my best friend and her son are also going and it wouldn't be fair for any of them if I did that. It just means the money I had saved up for excursions and play will be very limited now and we will make it as we always do.:worship: It just really sucks it all is happening now but I would never put my family in jeopardy if I thought this would. I don't in fact I just hate the unknown of it all. The good news is I found out the car behind my DH was also sited so all isn't as bad as he thought and made me think. :cool1: We have a rental too so I will now make it to work tomorrow!:thumbsup2 But I do understand what you mean. I know I probably sounded desperate at the time as I tend to freak out for a little bit then I see things through a different perspective. It could be worst right? I am just very thankful he wasn't hurt more than he is. (sore very sore)

And yes to get a chance to have a stress free week is what I need!!! I have worked my butt off for it.:thumbsup2

Good morning all!
I have exactly 5 more days of work left (including today). That sounds so good!
We're having a little warm spell up here. It's going to 60º today. Balmy.:laughing:
Have agreat day everyone. Make good choices. Be kind.:flower3:
Judy

I just remembered that I have teacher conferences next week on Tuesday and Thursday. So I have an even shorter work week next week!!!:cool1:

Pixidustmom sorry for the way my post came out the top portion was what VAgal76 wrote. I went back and fixed it on my original post but I couldn't fix your posting.

No worries, just go on your cruise and have fun!

is worth the piece of mind. I think Pixidustmom and her family definitely needs this vacation.:)

Yes I did say behind on bills but not all of them are at the point of getting calls just not sent out on the date they are due. Thankfully my DH does make a decent living in construction but when areas are not ready for him they have short term lay offs and we have learned to be crafty. My cruise has been planned for well over a year and I am not the only one going. I have another friend in my cabin who is coming from Ca. to join me and my DD and my best friend and her son are also going and it wouldn't be fair for any of them if I did that. It just means the money I had saved up for excursions and play will be very limited now and we will make it as we always do.:worship: It just really sucks it all is happening now but I would never put my family in jeopardy if I thought this would. I don't in fact I just hate the unknown of it all. The good news is I found out the car behind my DH was also sited so all isn't as bad as he thought and made me think. :cool1: We have a rental too so I will now make it to work tomorrow!:thumbsup2 But I do understand what you mean. I know I probably sounded desperate at the time as I tend to freak out for a little bit then I see things through a different perspective. It could be worst right? I am just very thankful he wasn't hurt more than he is. (sore very sore)

And yes to get a chance to have a stress free week is what I need!!! I have worked my butt off for it.:thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I said I didn't know the entire situation and maybe it was a temporary thing. I personally couldn't relax on a vacation knowing things were needed at home. My suggestion of using travel insurance was just that - a way for you to recover some of the money to use. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you guys have a fab time on the cruise. :thumbsup2

Teresa...please fix your post. You lost the quote from VAgal76 and it looks like you wrote that. :confused:

I totally agree with you Teresa. It appears if Pixidustmom's husband recently started a job so I think they are well on their way to taking care of their standings. rest and relaxation is definitely needed!!! And other people's finances and decisions are theirs...not for discussion here.

Pixidustmom sorry for the way my post came out the top portion was what VAgal76 wrote. I went back and fixed it on my original post but I couldn't fix your posting.

No worries, just go on your cruise and have fun!
'

Hold off on the pitch forks and throw the flaming torches into the bucket of water! You make me sound like a horrible being for simply suggesting they use travel insurance to bail themselves out of a financial issue to get back on their feet. It was not a judgemental thing. People don't think of a car accident being a valid reason to use the insurance. And, yes, it is my personal opinion you shouldn't go on vacation if you are behind in your bills. Don't put it out on a public discussion forum if you don't want to talk about it. For the OP's sake, I wish her many magical memories to be made on this trip.

I dropped off most of the shirts at the Post Office this morning but I still have another batch going out tonight.

DH looked at the shirt and decided he would wear it! There will be 65 of us in lime green!

Cindy,

Make sure you let us know what we owe you for shipping. Thanks so much for doing this. We are all very lucky you took the time to do this for us, and it is appreciated.:grouphug:

Susan

Cindy - Congrats on graduating to Mousketeer status!
I can't wait to wear the shirts. We'll look like a big sea of green!
Judyºoº

Good for you! Have a great day!

Teresa...when are your conferences? We actually have one set for the 25th!!! I freaked out when I saw that?!?! Luckily i was able to manuver them so that I fit them in on other days!

Been a while (a long while) since I visited this thread. With 10 days to go, I figured it was time I should do some cruise planning. Need some help with what to do at Grand Caymans. We're fortunate to have some onboard credits coming our way through booking on board last trip, travel agent and Disney rewards, so I'm probably looking to do something through Disney (but will consider other options). (If it were up to my DW, she'd blow all the credits at the spa.) Two years ago we did a snorkel/stingray city trip which traumatized a couple of our kids, so not looking to do that again. Anyone ever done an Atlantis submarine tour? Kind of sounds like going to a $99 per person aquarium. Also considering the Nautilus Undersea Tour with snorkeling.

Today I booked the dolphin swim at Dolphinaris in Cozumel, an extra hotel room that we needed at Residence Inn for the night before, car rental from the airport, and some spa treatments for the DW (have to keep the DW happy). Also ordered my baskets from The Perfect Gift (gotta love Shirley who remembered me from 2 years ago) -- highly recommend her services. Not much work getting done at the office today.

I need to get our Palo ressies when we get on board. I plan on getting the earliest boarding number I can. Can someone remind me what time I should arrive at the Port to try to do this? Maybe we should just forget the Residence Inn and just camp out on the docks.

Is there no banana boat at CC any longer? Have I been living under a rock?

I've got 19 people in my travel group, and half the guys are refusing to bring a jacket/suit on board. Should make for an interesting formal night photo. Maybe some of you will be lucky enough to be seated next to us in the dining room.

Fun, fun, fun. Happy planning everyone.

Yeah!!! Jason's in the house!!!:banana:

Welcome back to the boards..thought our August gathering scared you away!;) Glad to see it hasn't. Hope DW and the kids are good. I hope the boys are still planning on going to the camps. Jordan needs familiar faces!

Sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished today! We're planning on getting to the port very early. Talk to Michael (perhaps he's here) and he'll let you know what time we're arriving. WE want to fix up some Palo ressies we have.

Can't wait to see you guys next week!!:woohoo:

Well, well well......look who is in the house!

I am here and always looking but I don't post much. Try and guess why.

Jason,
We should be at the port by 9:45 am, looks like there will be a mini meet at the port!! Just knew it would happen.

Special stuff going on for us at Grand Cayman. Cathe and I are renewing our wedding vows then partying at where else but Jimmy Buffetts.

I was just on the phone with Shirly myself, you guys have any idea's for a basket for Cathe and Chey?

Looks like we found that "one particular harbor...."

See you soon.

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter