Traveling to WDW with kids

Maxim

Earning My Ears
Hi guys
I have a question for you.
For those of you who travels by plane, do you bring the diapers in your suitcase for the whole week?
Is the a pharmacy onsite?
I'll bring the basics (Gravol, Tylenol, Advil, Allergy medicine for the kids and us), but I was hesitating between bringing the diapers for the twins in my suitcase or buying them thru GGrocer.

also is there any good tips for me for first time travelers to WDW with 2yo twins?:cheer2:

Diapers.com is what we use for diapers, swim diapers and wipes and baby wash, shampoo etc....free shipping over $49 which is not a problem with diapers! Have it delivered to the resort with your name and checkin date.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Except when I travel to visit my family (who makes sure to have diapers on hand already), I usually travel with my own diapers for DS2 - but there's only one kid. For a whole week and two kids, the diapers will take up a good portion of luggage, if not a whole bag themselves. If you have the room to spare and could use the extra space for souvenirs on the way home, taking your own should work well. On the other hand, if you are worried about enough packing room/too many bags and aren't concerned about high cost diapers (although you can try to find some coupons before you leave), you can go ahead and buy some when you arrive.

jennylyn_b said:
Diapers.com is what we use for diapers, swim diapers and wipes and baby wash, shampoo etc....free shipping over $49 which is not a problem with diapers! Have it delivered to the resort with your name and checkin date.

That's a perfect idea! Wasn't sure if they could be delivered to the resort. I usually order mine from Amazon, which has free shipping on orders over $25.

We order diapers, wipes and other baby supplies from Walmart.com. There prices are good and shipping is low. We can also order water, juice bags, some snacks and a few other things that we may need. I have everything delivered right to the hotel.

Wow, Walmart.com will ship to all the resort at WDW?
that's great

Will they ship perishable good (bread for instance?)

I have been struggling with this question myself. Last time we went, I packed the diapers in my checked bag. For our next trip I have been debating between brining them and buying/shipping them down there. I buy diapers in bulk on Amazon with subscribe & save and Amazon Mom so the per diaper price is a lot lower than if I bought diapers in store. If I bring the diapers, it will be a lot cheaper but then i have to schelp them. If I buy them it's more expensive but then I have less baggage.

I'll probably just pack them since I can't really see paying almost double per diaper and I really just have to worry about getting the bags from the airport to the rental car. Plus, if I bring them down, I have guaranteed souvenir space for the trip home.

We drive but last year space was at a premium. And I cloth diaper at home. I took ONE pack of diapers and my cloth diapers. And I took them in thecar because they were more expensive at Orlando's Target.

We've always bought through GG or WeGoShop. But, we're always ordering other things as well. (Milk, cereal, etc for breakfast/snacks in the room.)

I take the diapers, snacks, pediasure, etc with me, unless I'm going to my parents' house. This way I always have room for souvenirs/shopping. Also, I am an overpacker when it comes to DD's clothes and stuff so having to use space for diapers keeps me from going overboard.

how ever u plan make sure to have extra with you home too incase of delays or layovers, etc!

If we don't pay for luggage we always packed diapers, food, etc because it saved space for souvenirs for the trip home lol

We use Diapers.com too, but I do pack about 5 diapers for the flight down, just in case our luggage is delayed or she has issues on the flight.

Every time we go I ship from diapers.com directly to our hotel (it's free shipping). I ship diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. Works perfectly for us. That way I only take a few diapers for our travel down and then I have everything else I need waiting for me when we check in. I definitely recommend it!

On our previous trip we ordered everything from Gardengrocers.com. Everything was at bellhop when we arrived. They will deliver for free if you order 50 bucks or more worth of stuff. If you need to order anything else during your trip it's free delivery and will be at your hotel the next morning.

It is a great service!!!!! I highly recommend!

I think it depends on what you're buying. We were just there and just bought everything we'd need for my 13 month old, then shipped it to the hotel via UPS. It was there when we checked-in. My only caveat is that I'd do it a lot sooner next time as we paid a premium because we did it 3 day air. Ground shipping is a lot cheaper, but you need about a week to be sure it gets there. Disney will hold things for about 10 days before you get there. :)

We ordered diapers and things like water, Gatorade, breakfast foods and snacks from Mrgrocers.com to be delivered to our resort the day we get there. You add 17.50 for delivery/gas but its worth it to us not having to use the luggage space to pack all that stuff. (our checkbag fee is 25 after all) Hopefully it all works out. This will be the first time we've tried such a service. I'll bring a days worth in the diaper bag to get us there and through the park that first day.

We've only ever had one kid in diapers at a time so we always packed them in our case and knew we'd have space for souvenirs on the way home.
We tried to pack only just about as many as we thought we might need and knew we would have to buy extras there if things got desperate. We usually had a good few to spare though because the one bit of the holiday I always overpack for? - the 9 hour flight! Always took lots of diapers on the plane just in case!

With most airlines charging for each bag- it's not worth it to pack them. When we went to WDW we shipped a box of diapers and other essentials (favorite snacks, the wipes we liked) to the resort with our name and arrival date on the outside, the hotel will hold it for you. If you use a nat'l brand- I'm sure GGrocer would be fine- we got groceries from them and it was wonderful, they even put the cold stuff in the fridge. If you are attached to a local store brand like I was- use those nice flat rate boxes from the post office.

When getting stuff shipped right to the hotel, does it matter how early you send it. Will they hold it at the front until you get there, even if it's like a week?

Is there a way to put your arrival date on a package if you are ordering from say Target or Walmart?

I have always just packed DD diapers. We usually only go for 4 days. But the bigger she gets the bigger the diapers get, so was thinking about getting them shipped for our trip in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter