Traveling Pal Mickey? 50-State Challenge

gypsydoodlebug

<font color=red>Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I h
A few years back, I was part of a 50-state Beanie Baby event where Quackers the duck traveled to a Host Family in each state. We each put a memento in his "suitcase" from our home state and passed him on to another family (I sent him to a family in Rhode Island).

I thought it would be a neat idea to do the same with a Pal Mickey to see if he can travel to WDW for one week with a DIS family from each of the 50 states.

Does anyone have a Pal Mickey they'd like to donate to the cause? I live in Kentucky and will be traveling to WDW Feb. 4-8.

I'd be happy to help coordinate from one family to another. It might be something the press might want to cover -- I was one the local news here in Louisville. Anyone interested please e-mail me!::MickeyMo

KY and NC are onboard...anyone else?

We still need a Pal Mickey

Good luck,

We do have a traveling beanie Mickey, Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Stitch....somewhere.
Same thing, but they don't have to go to WDW......the host does add a post card for the package and a local memento for the next host.

I could do MI or Ohio. Traveling Feb 6-14th, June 6th ish, and Oct. 18th ish.

C'mon...somebody has to have a Pal Mickey for the cause!

KY/NC/GA/VA/MI on board...

I'm in Mississippi and am going the 13-21 of December...I think people might be a little held off because the Pal Mickey's are expensive...I think close to $100 dollars aren't they? Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have a Pal Mickey, but we would love to join in from OH. We will be in WDW Nov. 28-Dec. 5 and then in June or July and then again for Halloween.

Just a warning. I don't think I would do it with something that expensive. I started the original beanie traveling Mickey and it didn't get too far. A DISer had some personal issues which prevented it from continuing its travels. No big loss --- it was only $10 or so with the cost of the Mickey Beanie, photo album, and post card ---- but I would have been VERY disappointed to be out $50 or $100.

Please think this over carefully and possibly consider sending a less priced item in case it gets sidetracked along its way.

We took our Pal Mickey last week but, there is no way my DD will give him up. They have actually come down in cost, we paid $60.00.

Good Luck! It is a cute idea. :)

Good idea on the Pal Mickey being expensive...I'd be upset about being out that much, too, and I guess there are some unscrupulous people out there (although hopefully not any DISers!).

What about a small plush Mickey? What does everyone think about that?

I would love to do this too! We are from Minnesota and will be traveling Jan. 14-21 to WDW. I think I have a Mickey beanie around here somewhere too that could be used if I can locate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter